The Perfect Audiophile Receiver
The Yamaha RX-V681 is a dream for the audiophile in all of us. Featuring a phono input for vinyl playback, the RX-V681 is a throwback system with top end, modern technology like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. With MusicCast multi-room audio, your new Yamaha AV receiver can stream your favorite media and audio tracks in any room of your home, or all rooms at once - the choice is yours.
See full details
- 7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Stream Pandora, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM and thousands of free internet radio stations
- 6-in, 1-out HDMI® with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling; component video in and out
- HDCP 2.2, high dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Phono input to connect to your favorite turntable
- Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer for sound clarity
- Handles high-resolution music file formats such as DSD, AIFF, FLAC, WAV and more
- YPAO sound optimization tuning for your home
- Power: 90 watts per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6-3/4” high x 14-7/8” deep
- Weight: 22.1 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Multi-Room Receiver Has Arrived
Looking for an audio-video receiver to build your surround sound system? What better manufacturer than one that built its reputation on music? Yamaha, which makes treasured musical instruments from pianos to strings and woodwinds, offers the same thoughtful craftsmanship throughout its V line of receivers (think V for high value). The RX-V681 7.2 channel AV Receiver, at a moderate price, supplies all the power you need for convincing home theater, accommodates all your AV sources (even vinyl), supports all of today’s highest-quality video and audio formats, and streams music to every room of your house using your own Wi-Fi network via MusicCast.
Surrounded by Choices
The RX-V681 is a 7.2-channel system, with seven amplified channels and dual subwoofer connections. The amps pump out a true 90 watts per channel, and you can choose a speaker configuration to suit your preference – in front, at the sides, in back or over your head. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP (see below) can add two additional “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider, higher soundstage. All the latest cinema surround formats are supported, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which offer pinpoint sound location around or above. Or you can use one pair of speakers as a second remote zone elsewhere in your home.
The Power of YPAO
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer with Reflected Sound Control automatically adjusts the receiver to match your listening situation. During setup, move an included microphone around the room, and the RX-V681 uses those measurements to adjust the frequency response, time delay and volume level of each channel to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
DSP Makes the Room Disappear
A pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, Yamaha takes detailed measurements in real venues – movie theaters to concert halls – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Cinema DSP 3D offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you full control of the scale of the sound space. Combine specific sources with DSP settings and save them in four convenient one-touch Scene buttons.
The Latest 4K Video Formats
The RX-V681 supports an alphabet soup of video standards – 4K with HDR, HDCP 2.2 and BT.2020 – but they all add up to the same thing: It can handle the latest 4K video signals with more color depth, higher contrast and double the resolution of standard HDTV, through a full array of HDMI inputs compatible with the required copy protection and ultra-high-definition technologies. Hook up a 4K Blu-ray or stream a 4K Netflix movie to the latest flat panels without fear of losing a pixel’s worth of quality. This receiver even upscales standard HD signals to near-4K quality.
MusicCast Your Network
Want music in your kitchen? Your home office? Your bedroom? Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem that covers a line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products, including V series receivers. MusicCast uses the RX-V681’s built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound to up to 9 locations. Stream music from your personal library, subscription services such as Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM and Napster, or from pads and phones using Apple’s AirPlay. Control all the sources and speakers through one single convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android. Or stream directly from mobile devices using built-in Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancement for high quality sound.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Yamaha network receiver comes with a remote control, but you may never pick it up. Instead, use Yamaha’s free, convenient AV Controller app, which offers a visual, intuitive and personalized way to access all of the RX-V681’s advanced capabilities. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and sound field. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, available from Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play.
- Output Power:
- 90W per channel (8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.06% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 105W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 150W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Standby Power Consumption:
- HDMI control and Standby Through mode off: 0.1W
- HDMI Standby Through mode on: 1.1W
- Network Standby on: 2.1W (wired)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6-3/4” x 14-7/8”
- Weight: 22.1 lbs
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 compatible: 6/3
- Network (Ethernet/WiFi): 1/1
- USB: 1
- Radio Antenna (AM/FM): 1/1
- Optical digital: 2
- Coaxial digital: 2
- Analog audio (with phono): 5
- Component video (audio input assignable): 2
- Composite video: 4
- HDMI (HDCP 2.2 compatible): 1
- Monitor out (component): 1
- Monitor out (composite): 1
- Speaker (without subwoofer): 7-channel (9 terminals)
- Subwoofer: 2 x mono
- Headphone jack: 1
- Zone 2 audio out: 1
- Remote on/out: 1/1
- +12V / 0.1 A trigger out: 1
Yamaha RX the 681
Ordered my unit from worldwide stereo received it in 4 days. Set it up it worked perfectly to my expectations and easy to set up love it my Wi-Fi works perfect Bluetooth and my serious radio that's all i use right now and my Blu-ray works great. I've had it for about a month but it in November 2016 it's an awesome unit