High End Receiver Quality on a Budget
The RX-V581 7.2 channel AV Receiver, at a modest price, supplies all the power you need for convincing home theater, supports all the highest-quality video and audio formats, and streams music to every room of your house using your Wi-Fi network. This much versatility has never come in a receiver at this price point!
- 7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Stream Pandora, Spotify and thousands of internet radio stations
- 4-in, 1-out HDMI with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- High dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer for sound clarity
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6-3/8” high
x 12-7/8” deep
- Weight: 17.9 lbs.
- Warranty: two years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Your New Home Entertainment Hub
Looking for an audio-video receiver to build your surround system? What better manufacturer to choose than one who built its reputation on music? Yamaha, which makes treasured pianos, strings and other musical instruments, offers the same thoughtful craftsmanship throughout its V line of receivers (think V for high value). The RX-V581 7.2 channel AV Receiver, at a modest price, supplies all the power you need for convincing home theater, supports all the highest-quality video and audio formats, and streams music to every room of your house using your Wi-Fi network.
The RX-V581 is a 7.2-channel system, with seven amplified channels and dual subwoofer connections. The amps pump out a true 80 watts per channel, and you can choose a speaker configuration to suit your preference – in front, at the sides, in back or over your head, and Yamaha’s Cinema DSP (see below) adds two additional “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider, higher soundstage. All the latest cinema surround formats are supported, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which offer pinpoint sound location around or above. Or you can use one pair of speakers as a second remote zone elsewhere in your home.
YPAO = Perfect Acoustics
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer automatically adjusts the receiver to match your listening situation. During setup, move an included microphone around the room, and the RX-V581 uses those measurements to adjust the frequency response, volume and other parameters of each channel to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics. Only a Yamaha 7 channel receiver could bring this level of versatility to your home theater setup.
DSP Makes the Room Disappear
A pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, Yamaha takes detailed measurements in real venues – movie theaters to concert halls – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Cinema DSP offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you control of the scale of the sound space. Combine specific sources with DSP settings and save them in four convenient one-touch Scene buttons. This Dolby Atmos receiver creates the ultimate in home cinema versatility!
The Latest 4K Video Formats
The RX-V581 supports an alphabet soup of video standards – 4K with HDR, HDCP 2.2 and BT.2020 – but they all add up to the same thing: It can handle the latest 4K video signals with more color depth, higher contrast and double the resolution of standard HDTV. Hook up a 4K Blu-ray or stream a 4K Netflix movie to the latest flat panels without fear of losing a pixel’s worth of quality.
MusicCast Your Network
Want music in your kitchen? Your home office? Your bedroom? Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem that covers a line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products, including V series receivers. MusicCast uses the RX-V581’s built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound throughout your home in up to 9 locations. Stream music from your personal library, subscription services such as Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM and Rhapsody, or from pads and phones using Apple’s AirPlay. Control all the sources and speakers through one single convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android. Or stream directly from mobile devices using built-in Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancement for high quality sound.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Yamaha network receiver comes with a remote control, but you may never pick it up. Instead, use Yamaha’s free, convenient AV Controller app, which offers a visual, intuitive and personalized way to access all of the RX-V581’s advanced capabilities. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and sound field. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, available from Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play.
Pairs well with: A wide range of speakers, including Klipsch’s cinematic Reference 5.1 Channel R-24F Surround Home Theater Speaker Bundle with 12" Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-V581 7.2-Channel AV Receiver Specifications:
- Output Power:
- 80W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 115W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 145W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Standby Power Consumption:
- HDMI control and Standby Through mode off: 0.1W
- HDMI Standby Through mode on: 1.6W (typical)
- Network Standby on: 1.9W (wired)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6-3/8” x 12-7/8”
- Weight: 17.9 lbs
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 compatible: 4/4
- Network (Ethernet/WiFi): 1/1
- USB: 1
- Radio Antenna (AM/FM): 1/1
- Optical digital: 1
- Coaxial digital: 2
- Analog audio (including mini-jack input): 4
- Composite video (audio input assignable): 4
- HDMI (HDCP 2.2 compatible): 1
- Monitor out (composite): 1
- Speaker (without subwoofer): 7-channel
- Subwoofer: 2
- Headphone jack: 1