Questions? We're here to help.
Yamaha's Do-It-All Receiver
The Yamaha RX-V481 is the new undisputed champion of the 5.1 channel receiver category. Standard receivers simply can't compare with Yamaha's flagship home entertainment hub; the RX-V481 comes equipped with Bluetooth connectivity and WiFi capabilities that transform your home into the only place to be on a Saturday night.
- 5.1-channels for complete surround sound
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi, AirPlay and Spotify Connect
- Stream Pandora, Spotify and thousands of Internet radio stations
- 4-in, 1-out HDMI with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- High dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancer for sound clarity
- Handles high-resolution music file formats such as DSD, AIFF, FLAC, WAV
- YPAO sound optimization tuning for your home
- Power: 80 watts per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6-3/8” high x 12-7/8”deep
- Weight: 17.9 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The RX-V481 is Versatile and Powerful
Looking for an audio-video receiver to build your surround system? What better manufacturer to choose than one who built its reputation on music? Yamaha, which makes treasured pianos, strings and other musical instruments, offers the same thoughtful craftsmanship throughout its V line of receivers (think V for high value). The modestly priced RX-V481 5.1 channel AV Receiver supplies all the power you need for convincing home theater, supports today’s top-quality video and audio formats, and streams music to every room of your house using your Wi-Fi network.
Surrounded by Choices
The RX-V481 is a 5.1-channel system, with five amplified channels (pumping out a true 80 watts per channel) and a subwoofer connection. All five-channel surround formats are supported, including Dolby’s TrueHD and DTS-HD. (For the latest overhead action, step up to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in Yamaha’s RX-V581). Yamaha’s Cinema DSP technology (see below) can add virtual “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider soundstage, or virtual surround sound behind you if you’re just building your home theater a piece at a time. Or use one pair of speakers as a second remote zone elsewhere in your home.
MusicCast Has Arrived
Want music in your kitchen? Home office? Bedroom? Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem that covers a full line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products, including V series receivers. MusicCast uses the RX-V481’s built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound to up to 9 locations. Stream music from your personal library, subscription services such as Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM and Napster, or from pads and phones using Apple’s AirPlay. Control all the sources and speakers through one single convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android. Or stream directly from mobile devices using built-in Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancement for high quality sound.
The Power of YPAO
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer automatically adjusts the receiver to match your listening situation. During setup, move an included microphone around the room, and the RX-V481 uses those measurements to adjust the frequency response, volume and other parameters of each channel to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
DSP Can Make the Room Disappear
A pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, Yamaha takes detailed measurements in real venues – movie theaters to concert halls – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Cinema DSP offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you full control of the scale of the sound space. Combine specific sources with DSP settings and save them in four convenient one-touch Scene buttons.
The Latest 4K Video Formats
The RX-V481 supports an alphabet soup of video standards –
4K with HDR, HDCP 2.2 and BT.2020 – but they all add up to the same thing: More
color depth, higher contrast and double the resolution of standard HDTV. Hook
up a 4K Blu-ray or stream a 4K Netflix movie to the latest flat panels without
fear of losing a pixel’s worth of quality.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Yamaha network receiver comes with a remote control, but you may never pick it up. Instead, use Yamaha’s free, convenient AV Controller app, which offers a visual, intuitive and personalized way to access all of the RX-V481’s advanced capabilities. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and sound field. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, available from Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play.
- Output Power:
- 80W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 115W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 145W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Standby Power Consumption:
- HDMI control and Standby Through mode off: 0.1W
- HDMI Standby Through mode on: 1.0W (typical)
- Network Standby on: 1.9W (wired)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6-3/8” x 12-7/8”
- Weight: 17.9 lbs
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 compatible: 4/4
- Network (Ethernet/WiFi): 1/1
- USB: 1
- Radio antenna (AM/FM): 1/1
- Optical digital: 1
- Coaxial digital: 2
- Analog audio (including mini-jack input): 4
- Composite Video (audio input assignable): 4
- HDMI (HDCP 2.2 compatible): 1
- Monitor out (composite): 1
- Speaker: 5-channel
- Subwoofer: 1
- Headphone jack: 1