Our take on the Yamaha RX-V381
Yamaha built its reputation on music and creating the best sound quality. The RX-V381 is exception to Yamahas long past of top quality products. With 5.1 channels at 70 watts per channel and a subwoofer connection this receiver is one of both power and versatility. Yamahas DSP technology adds virtual surround sound behind you, allowing you to take your time when building your home theater.
- 5.1-channels create full surround sound
- Bluetooth streams music straight from your mobile device
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through - incredible image quality
- High dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
- Extra Bass to enhance bass output
from smaller speakers
- Virtual Cinema front and surround
- Power: 70 watts per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6” high x 12-3/8” deep
- Weight: 16.3 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Your Home Theater Solution
Looking for an audio-video receiver to build your surround system? What better manufacturer to choose than one who built its reputation on music? Yamaha, which makes treasured pianos, strings and other musical instruments, offers the same thoughtful craftsmanship throughout its V line of receivers (think V for high value). Even the entry-level model RX-V381 5.1 channel AV Receiver supplies all the power and flexibility you need for your home theater, and supports today’s high-quality video and audio formats.
The RX-V381 is a 5.1-channel system, with five amplified channels (pumping out a true 70 watts per channel) and a subwoofer connection. All five-channel surround formats are supported, including Dolby’s TrueHD and DTS-HD. (For the latest over-the-head action, step up to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X in Yamaha’s RX-V581 and above). Yamaha’s Cinema DSP technology (see below) can add virtual surround sound behind you if you’re just building your home theater a piece at a time.
Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer automatically adjusts the receiver to match your listening situation. During setup, move an included microphone around the room, and the RX-V381 uses those measurements to adjust the frequency response, volume and other parameters of each channel to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
DSP Makes the Room Disappear
A pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through Digital Soundfield Processing, Yamaha takes detailed measurements in real venues – movie theaters to concert halls – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Cinema DSP offers pinpoint location of sound effects and transforms your listening room into any number of locations. Combine specific sources with DSP settings and save them in four convenient one-touch scene buttons.
Stream music directly from your pad, phone or laptop, using
the RX-V381’s built-in Bluetooth with Compressed Music Enhancement for
top-quality playback of your music files. The Yamaha RXV series spares no expense to deliver a feature rich, home entertainment experience!
The Latest 4K Video Formats
The RX-V381 supports an alphabet soup of video standards –
4K with HDR, HDCP 2.2 and BT.2020 – but they all add up to the same thing: More
color depth, higher contrast and double the resolution of standard HDTV. Hook
up a 4K Blu-ray or stream a 4K Netflix movie to the latest flat panels without
fear of losing a pixel’s worth of quality.
Pairs well with: This Yamaha 5 channel receiver is highly compatible with a wide range of high-quality systems, including Definitive Technology’s small but mighty ProCinema 400 5.1 Home Theater Speaker Package.
Yamaha RX-V381 5.1-Channel AV Receiver Specifications:
- Output Power:
- 70W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 100W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.09% THD, 1-ch driven)
- 140W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven)
- Standby Power Consumption:
- HDMI Control Off: 0.3W
- HDMI Control On: 0.9W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 6” x 12-3/8”
- Weight: 16.3 lbs
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible: 4/4
- Radio Antenna (FM/AM): 1/1
- Optical Digital: 1
- Coaxial Digital: 2
- Analog Audio (incl. mini jack input): 3
- Composite Video (audio input assignable): 3
- HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible: 1
- Monitor Out (Composite): 1
- Speaker: 5-channel
- Subwoofer: 1
- Headphone Jack: 1