Yamaha RXA780BL Overview
Do you love movies and music? Check out the Yamaha AVENTAGE RXA70BL. This 7.2 channel receiver will give you more from your home audio. This slick, and stylish receiver delivers clear and powerful audio whether you are watching TV or listening to your favorite tunes. The RXA70BL allows you to create a full theatrical audio experience in the comfort of your home. Featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, this receiver creates a 3-dimensional soundstage. If your a movie lover you are going to all in love with the 4K Ultra HD picture quality -- even if you don’t have 4K devices, the RXA70BL will upscale your SD and HD content. Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi let you stream audio from your favorite devices. MusicCast allows you to connect wireless speakers and fill your home with your favorite sounds.
- 7.2-Channel Audio/Video Receiver
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver 3D Sound
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect, and MusicCast multi-room audio
- Built-in streaming for Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, and more
- Upscales SD video to HD and 4K Ultra HD
- YPAO speaker calibration optimizes sound based on your room
- MusicCast wirelessly connectivity
- Plays high-resolution 24-bit audio files
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility
- Dedicated Phono input
- RXA780BL Weight: 23.4 lbs
- RXA780BL Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 3/4" x 15"
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
Brilliant 4K Ultra HD
The Yamaha RX-A780 delivers brilliant 4K video at 60 frames per second. It also supports Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma. This means you see smoother pictures, more detail, and brighter colors. If you haven't made the move to 4K media, this receiver will also upscale all of your current SD and HD content.
Built for Music Lovers
The RXA780BL was built with music in mind. This A/V receiver plays full 24-bit high-resolution audio files and features built-in streaming services including Spotify, TIDAL and Pandora and thanks to Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer your streamed audio will be clear and powerful. And for all of you vinyl lovers, this receiver features a dedicated phono input, so you can listen to all of your favorite records with dynamic clarity.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
With the RXA780BL, you don’t watch movies you live them. This AV receiver features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X -- Technology that creates a three dimensional soundstage by adding adding height and depth to your audio soundstage. With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X you will be able to hear individual voices in a crowd, cars whipping around the corner, and jets flying over your head, all from your favorite chair.
Amazon Alexa Compatibility
Just ask, and you shall receive. The RXA780BL can connect to your Amazon Alexa so you can control it with your voice. Switch between inputs, control volume, pause, mute and skip through songs, all you need to do is ask.
Different rooms have different characteristics that impact your home’s audio quality. So, our friends at Yamaha loaded this receiver with YPAO Sound Optimization technology. You don’t have to worry about rearranging your furniture to get the best audio playback. YPAO analyzes your room and automatically o acoustic adjustments to optimize its output. Weather you live in a spacious loft, cozy condo, or massive mansion, the RXA780BL delivers luxurious audio quality.
MusicCast Multi-Room Audio
Fill you home with the sweet sounds of Yamaha. This Yamaha 7.2 channel receiver features MusicCast connectivity so you can add wireless MusicCast Wireless Speakers to different rooms of your home. Enjoy surround sound in one room of your house while you play traditional stereo sound in another. This receiver can power up to 7 speakers at one time -- completely free of wires.
The AVENTAGE Advantage
The RXA780BL is a member of Yamaha’s AVENTAGE family of products. This stylish receiver is constructed from anti-resonate components to reduce distortion and vibration, creating a pure listening experience with rich highs, full mids and deep bass.
Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
The RXA780BL features built-in Bluetooth and WiFi, so you can stream audio from your wireless devices and home network. And with Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer, all of your streamed audio will sound just as clear and powerful as the artist intended it to sound.
- Channels: 7.2
- Rated output power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 110W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 95W (1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 160W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 130/170/195/240W
Surround Sound Processing
- Cinema DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP programs: 17
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes
- Silent Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual Cinema Front)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/32-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes (including enhancer for Bluetooth)
- Pure Direct: Yes (with voice on mode)
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial volume & maximum volume setting: Yes
- A.R.T. wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0 - 500ms)
- DA converter: Burr-Brown 384kHz/32-bit DAC x4
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI audio return channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (1080p HDMI to 4K HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI input/output: 5/2 (HDCP 2.2, HDR 10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB input: USB memory
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB/mini-jack
- Digital audio input/output (optical): 2/0
- Digital audio input/output (coaxial): 2/0
- Analog audio input/output: 5 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 3/1
- Preout: 2-2-ch
- Headphone output: 1
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Phono input: Yes
- Component video input/output: 1/0
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control
- Remote control unit: Yes
- Zone 2 audio output: Line output
- Powered zone: Zone 2
- +12V trigger output
- Remote IR input/output: 1/1
- Party mode: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 3/4" x 15"
- Weight: 23.4 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-A780 Aventage 7.2-Channel AV Receiver
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-A780 AVENTAGE 7.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
I am highly pleased with the Aventage line. A friend of mine is a professional home theater installer. He turned me on to Yamaha because of the quality and reliability. Was previously eyeing Denon but after much research found that the Yamaha eco-system is far more comprehensive and reliable than the Marantz/Denon camp. While I consider the RX-A680 a nice dorm room or starter AVR, the RX-A780 has all the right bells and whistles. YPAO Volume is effective and essential if you listen to music at less than reference levels. The power and performance of this receiver would make me comfortable for using it as my main home theater AVR. I had previously owned a Pioneer Elite VSX-52 receiver, but in terms of the menus, and on screen GUI, Yamaha shows itself superior. In my opinion though MCACC, Pioneers surround sound calibration application is more comprehensive than YPAO R.S.C. Where YPAO really shows its superiority is in its ability to make adjustments to the parametric equalizer. MCACC had no such capability. This capability alone makes it worth the price admission. While Audyssey is well spoken of, the key functionality for music is in YPAO.
Another nice feature of the Yamaha ecosystem is that the receivers settings are available to adjust through a browser application. Though simple in visual structure, everything that the receiver does is available to tweak.
The thing I most loved about my Pioneer receiver was their Phone app AVcontrol5. This act made controlling and adjusting the receiver a breeze. Yamaha's version of the app called AV Controller exposes all of the settings of the receiver in a simple fashion. Currently Yamaha's AV Controller app is best of class. It can be run simultaneously on multiple devices without any problems. It's rock solid and very usable.
Musiccast duplicates much of the capability of AV Controller but allows the reciever to be future proof as new services come online.
World Wide Stereo offers both free chat and phone help if you need help setting this up.
6 months ago