The RX-A760 Aventage is the Perfect Yamaha Home Theater Receiver
Designed to deliver top notch audio performance, the RX-A760 Aventage creates a full bodied sound for movie effects and delivers music the way your favorite artists intended. Yamaha’s Total Purity Concept ensures that every receiver is designed to create nothing short of the highest possible sound quality. Use MusicCast to bring music to every home in your room wirelessly and enjoy your new home theater, courtesy of Yamaha!See full details
- AVENTAGE craftsmanship, engineered to deliver the highest levels of audio performance
- Aluminum front panel and Anti Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge
- Discrete amplifier configuration
- 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with support for technological standards (HDCP 2.2, HDR and BT.2020)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound processing (5.1.2-channel)
- Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
- AirPlay, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, Sirius XM and Internet Radio
- AV Controller app
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio compatible
- Multi-zone audio support for Zone 2
- Phono input for vinyl playback
- Support for high-definition music files including DSD, FLAC, WAV and AIFF up to 192 kHz / 24-bit
- Room Acoustics Optimization using YPAO - Reflected Sound Control
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 6-3/4” high x 15” deep
- Weight: 23.2 pounds
- Warranty: Three years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Big Performance Meets Big Value
For today’s multitude of sources and extensive collections of online videos, movies, music and streaming services, Yamaha has crafted its high-end Aventage series of Network Audio-Video Receivers. The RX-A760 occupies the value end of that line without sacrificing performance, delivering true fidelity through finer speaker systems and video screens. With quality construction, high power and full flexibility, the RX-A760 combines today’s top features in one elegant and easy to use package for any home theater.
Alone among top equipment manufacturers, Yamaha is a music company as well. Its pianos, percussion, guitars and violins, brass and woodwinds are treasured worldwide, and its audio line is designed with that same exacting eye and ear. And Yamaha’s Aventage line of network AV receivers is the most technologically advanced expression of that dedication. (You can compare the six models in the Aventage receiver line here). Only a Yamaha home theater receiver provides this level of tech superiority with a history of legendary audio performance!
Special on the Outside …
Even before you plug in the RX-A760, the exterior shows how special this receiver is. On the back panel you’ll find five HDMI inputs (a sixth is on the front), enough for cable, satellite, game system, Blu-ray and more, plus a full array of audio, phono (for vinyl lovers), digital and analog connections. The RX-A760 is built to handle the newest ultra high definition 4K video, with increased color depth and contrast, and with upsampling of standard HD signals to near-4K quality. And where most receivers have four feet on the bottom, Yamaha adds a fifth, anti-resonance foot in the center, to dampen vibrations from inside, and to isolate the circuits from outside disturbance.
… Powerful on the Inside
That attention to detail continues with the interior electrical design. A large transformer drives separate power supplies for the digital and analog circuitry, and the power transistors are mounted on anti-resonance heat sinks. The digital-to-analog processors and other integrated chips all sourced from top manufacturers (including Yamaha), and tuned for maximum performance. Yamaha is so confident in its Aventage line, every receiver comes with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Endless Speaker Options
The RX-A760 is a 7.2-channel system – seven amplified channels and connections for subwoofers front and back. The amps pump out 90 watts per channel to drive today’s better speakers. You can arrange those speakers in multiple configurations to suit your preference – in front, at the sides, in back or above your head, or use what Yamaha refers to as two additional “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider, taller soundstage. Audiophiles can choose to “bi-amp” the main pair, powering the lows and midrange/highs separately to tweak sound quality even further. Or you can set up and control a second remote speaker zone elsewhere in your home.
The RX-A760 handles all surround-sound formats, including the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to locate the action in front, around you or over your head. To that, Yamaha adds what it calls Parametric Acoustic Optimization with Reflected Sound Control. During setup, you move a microphone (included) to multiple points around the room, and YPAO takes measurements to adjust frequency response, time delay and channel levels to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
Cinema DSP 3D
Then Yamaha adds its trademark Digital Soundfield Processing. The company takes detailed measurements in real venues – from movie theaters to arenas – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP 3D offers pinpoint location of sound effects and transforms your listening room into any number of locations. You can combine specific sources with specific DSP modes and save them in programmable, convenient one-touch Scene buttons. Even if you haven’t yet added surround speakers, Cinema DSP will use what you’ve got to create a virtual surround sound field with extra presence and depth.
MusicCast Brings Streaming to the Next Generation
With Yamaha’s MusicCast system, the RX-A760 uses built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound throughout your home. Stream music from your own personal library, from subscription services including Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, Rhapsody, Napster and Internet radio, or from pads and phones using Apple’s iTunes and AirPlay, among other sources. And MusicCast is actually an ecosystem of equipment that covers an line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products. All communicate with one another, and all are controlled through the convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android.
Bluetooth In and Out
MusicCast isn’t the only way to unplug your music. Bluetooth circuitry built into the RX-A760, with Compressed Music Enhancer, lets you stream from your mobile device without sacrificing sound quality. And, in a feature rarely found in AV receivers, Yamaha offers not only Bluetooth input but also output, so you can send the sound back to Bluetooth headphones for private listening, or to Bluetooth speakers for portable convenience.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Aventage receiver comes with a comprehensive remote control, but you may never use it. Instead, you’ll likely use your phone or tablet and Yamaha’s AV Controller app, which offers an intuitive and personalized way to access all of Aventage’s advanced capabilities. All Yamaha networked devices are automatically detected, and setup is a snap. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, a free download from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
The Sonic Experience
The RX-A760’s flexibility and convenience are evident, but the real test is the sound. No matter the source, no matter the speakers, the RX-A760 delivers crystal clarity, from solid lows to silky highs. As the audio axiom goes, it seems like a veil has been lifted with the Aventage lineup; using a Yamaha home theater receivers nothing stands between you and the sound you crave.Pairs well with: A wide range of surround systems, including our JBL Studio 270 package – and if you can dig a little deeper to go a little deeper, add the JBL Sub 260P.
- Channels 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven) 105 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 90 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 150 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 125 / 165 / 190 / 235 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker Yes
- Dialogue Lift Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos Yes
- Dolby TrueHD Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx Yes
- DTS:X Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
- Pure Direct Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth)
- YPAO sound optimization Yes (R.S.C)
- YPAO Volume Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge Yes
- Bi-amp capability Yes
- Audio Delay Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI upscaling Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 6 / 1 (HDCP2.2, HDR and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port Yes
- Front AV Input HDMI / USB
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 5 / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- Component Video Input/Output 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output 4 / 1
- Preout Subwoofer (2 x mono)
- Headphone Output 1
- Wi-Fi Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- FM/AM Tuner Yes
- On-screen display Graphical User Inter face
- SCENE SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control Yes
- Remote Control Unit Yes
- Zone 2 Audio Output Preout
- Powered Zone Zone 2
- +12V Trigger Output 1
- Remote (IR) Input/Output 1 / 1
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/8” x 6-3/4” x 15”
- 17-1/8” x 9-1/4” x 15” (with antenna up)
- Weight 23.2 lbs.
I've only had it for a month so I can't speak for long term quality but with a three year warranty and Yamaha's reputation I expect that I will wear out before it does! The unit itself has plenty of power for a small to medium sized room and plenty of HDMI ports. I have it hooked in 7.2 configuration (5.2.2) and the YPAO setup made it painless and very accurate. I've had other surround receivers before and this surpasses them in terms of the sound field accuracy as I can hear very slight details. If you want to play around with the setting there are plenty of manual options and its easy to adjust for more voice, bass or whatever according to your personal tastes. Its really easy to control through the on-screen menus. The built-in bluetooth syncs easily and I use it at night to watch shows without waking up the neighbors. Online radio such as Pandora also sounds great. I was expecting a lot from this receiver as I shopped around for months (reading reviews, etc) before getting it and it has exceeded my expectations in terms of sound and ease of setup and use. The ordering process from world wide stereo was great. I had a slight problem with my order (my fault) and I was immediately able to get in touch with a representative within minutes and to resolve the issue. It gives me a lot of confidence in a vendor when I can reach an actual person. This receiver sits kind of in the middle with more features than a base model and not as many as a top end model so as to make it affordable. If you're on the edge about ordering this particular unit or about ordering from world wide stereo just do yourself a favor and go for it! You will not be disappointed.