Yamaha RXA680BL Overview
Treat your movies and music right with the Yamaha Aventage RXA680. This 7.2 channel AV receiver will add power and clarity to your home audio. Easy to setup, the Yamaha RXA69BL
Featuring YPAO sound optimization, this AV receiver will improve your home’s audio experience, no matter where you live. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X add dimension to your soundstage, by adding height and depth to your favorite soundtracks. This receiver MusicCast compatible, so you can connect to any MusicCast speaker without having to use ugly speaker cables. The RXA680B delivers 4K Ultra HD picture at 60 frames per second, featuring lifelike images and colors. And with built-in Bluetooth and WiFi, you can stream audio from your favorite devices and music services like Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal and more.
- 7.2-channel AV Receiver
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay®, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi-room
- Stream your favorite music from Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Napster and more
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- 4K upscaling
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatible
- MusicCast Surround capable: add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to create a 5.1-ch setup with wireless surrounds
- Phono input
- RXA680BL Weight: 18.3 lbs
- RXA680BL Dimensions ( W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 3/8" x 13"
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
You have never seen TV look like this. The Yamaha RXA680B supports 4K Ultra HD at 60 frames per second. Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma. The result is an ultra-lifelike picture with smooth movement, warm colors and precise detail. Oh, and if you haven’t made the leap to the latest tech, this Yamaha AV receiver will upscale all of your SD and HD devices so you can experience what all the fuss is about.
Vinyl is Back
Nothing beats the excitement of dropping a needle into the groove of a record. Now, you can experience the thrill of vinyl like you never heard it before. The Yamaha RXA680BL AV Receiver has a built-in dedicated phono input so you can connect your turntable.
From the sounds of jet engines roaring overhead to cars whizzing around the corner, the Yamaha RXA680BL puts you in the middle of the action. This 7.2-channel AV receiver features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. This technology creates a three dimensional soundstage by adding adding height and depth to your audio. With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, sound surrounds you.
Amazon Alexa Compatibility
If you own an Amazon Alexa you can control your Yamaha RXA680BL with your voice. Switch between inputs, control volume, pause, mute and skip through songs, all you need to do is ask Alexa.
YPAO Sound Optimization
It does not matter whether your home is big or cozy, the RXA680BL delivers next-level sound quality in any room with Yamaha’s YPAO Sound Optimization technology. This miracle of audio engineering analyzes your room and automatically makes acoustic adjustments to compensate for factors that impact your sound. Tech talk aside YPAO let’s you experience the best your AV receiver has to offer without headaches and complications.
MusicCast Multi-Room Audio
If you dream of building an audio system that fills your home with the sounds of your favorite music, the Yamaha RXA680BL is the perfect place to start. This AV receiver works seamlessly with MusicCast Wireless Speakers. With MusicCast, you can add speakers at your own pace, filling each room of your home with the sounds of your favorite tunes and TV shows -- completely wire free. There is even a free app that puts all of your controls in the palm of your hand.
This receiver was built with all of the care and quality you have come to expect from Yamaha. The RXA680BL uses an Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge to reduce vibrations and the receiver's feet feature noise damping, so you won’t hear any rattling when you crank the volume. The receiver features a sleek and stylish aluminum front panel that shields the inner circuitry to ensure optimal audio.
Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
This Yamaha receiver is also a music streaming super machine. Featuring built-in Bluetooth and WiFi, you can wirelessly network your favorite devices and stream your favorite audio. It also features Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer, a bit of tech that optimizes all of your Bluetooth audio transmissions, ensuring your audio is clear and powerful. Whether you stream audio from Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Apple Music or any other app, you have never heard your music like this.
- Channels: 7.2
- Rated output power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 115W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 80W (1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 145W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 120/140/170/190W
Surround Sound Processing
- Cinema DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP programs: 17
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes
- Silent Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual Cinema Front)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/32-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes (including enhancer for Bluetooth)
- Pure Direct: Yes (with voice on mode)
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial volume & maximum volume setting: Yes
- YPAO volume: Yes
- A.R.T. wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0 - 500ms)
- DA converter: Burr-Brown 384kHz/32-bit DAC x4
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI audio return channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (1080p HDMI to 4K HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI input/output: 4/1 (HDCP 2.2, HDR 10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB input: USB memory
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB/mini-jack
- Digital audio input/output (optical): 1/0
- Digital audio input/output (coaxial): 2/0
- Analog audio input/output: 5 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 3/1
- Preout: Subwoofer (2x mono)
- Headphone output: 1
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Yes (color OSD)
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet)
- Remote control unit: Yes
- Zone B output: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6 3/8" x 13"
- Weight: 18.3 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-A680 Aventage 7.2-Channel AV Receiver
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-A680 AVENTAGE 7.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
What sets Yamaha AVR's apart from the competition is its excellent AV controller app. It's rock stable, simple to use and consistent across Android and iOS platforms. This really enhances the value proposition of Yamaha. Don't think I'll be buying any other brand, but if I had it all over to do again I out for the A780 because of the weak YPAO feature set.
over 2 years ago