Yamaha RXA3080 9.2 Channel Receiver Overview
Movie buffs and music lovers rejoice. The Yamaha RXA3080BL will let you experience your favorite media in exciting ways. This 9.2 channel receiver is the flagship of Yamaha’s AVENTAGE line, and it is loaded with all the bells and whistles you would expect from a top-of-the-line home theater receiver. The RXA3080BL delivers clear and powerful audio with clear highs and deep accurate bass. Made with movies in mind, this A/V receiver features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X; dynamic technology that creates an immersive three-dimensional soundstage. The RXA3080BL plays 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through and upscaling, so you can get even more out of your SD and HD media. Music aficionados will gush over this receivers ability to play hi-res audio files, and stream music services like Spotify, Apple Airplay and Pandora with built-in Bluetooth and WiFi. There is even a phono input so you can easily connect your record player. This is the way home audio is supposed to sound.
- 9.2-channel A/V receiver
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X creates a 3D soundstage
- Surround:AI optimizes sound in real-time
- Easy setup with YPAO SOund Optimization
- MusicCast wireless streaming
- Powerful DAC plays a variety of Hi-Res audio files
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatible
- 7 HDMI input and 3 HDMI outs
- Built-in WiFi, Bluetooth and music streaming with Spotify, Pandora, TIDAL and more
- Dedicated Phono Input
- Yamaha RXA3080BL Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 ⅛” x 17 ½” x 18 ⅝”
- Yamaha RXA3080BL Weight: 39.9 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
If this was school, the RX3080BL would be at the head of the class. From setup to listen, this AV receiver takes all of the guesswork out of home audio. The RX3080BL features Yamaha’s YPAO Sound Optimization technology that analyzes your room and automatically makes acoustic adjustments to compensate for factors that impact your sound. When it is time to sit back and listen to your Yamaha AV receiver, you won’t have to spend hours tweaking settings. It also features AI technology that analyzes the scene of your TV shows and movies and creates an optimal surround effect to reproduce it with the greatest effect.
The Yamaha RX308BL delivers truly immersive surround sound. From the sounds of jet engines roaring overhead to cars engines revving across the screen, the Yamaha AV receiver puts you in the middle of the action with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. This AV receiver delivers a full three dimensional soundstage by adding height and depth to your audio soundstage.
Amazon Alexa Compatibility
Don’t worry about finding the remote control. You can control your Yamaha RX308BL with your voice using an Amazon Alexa enabled device. Just ask Alexa and she will switch between inputs, control volume, pause, mute and skip through songs.
The RX308BL features brilliant 4K Ultra HD pass-thru delivering brighter brights, sharper images, and a more lifelike color palette compared to traditional HD. This receiver also features 4K upscaling, so you can experience the excitement of Ultra HD even if you haven’t upgraded all of your media.
Dedicated Phono Input
Vinyl sales are going through the roof. Ask and music lover and they will tell you nothing beats the excitement and quality of a real record. This AV Receiver has a built-in dedicated phono input so you can directly connect your turntable. Now, you can experience the thrill of vinyl for yourself with the Yamaha RX308BL.
MusicCast Multi-Room Audio
Fill your home with the sound of music with the Yamaha RX308BL. This home theater receiver is part of the MusicCast family, so you can wirelessly connect to any of the MusicCast Wireless Speakers you want. And use the free MusicCast App to control all of your audio.
Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
Stream your favorite audio apps using the Yamaha’s RX308BL’s built-in Bluetooth and WiFi. And whether you are streaming Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Apple Music or any other app, you have never heard your music like this thanks to Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer -- a piece of technology that optimizes all of your Bluetooth audio transmissions, ensuring your audio is clear and powerful.
- Channels: 9.2
- Rated output power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 165W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 150W (1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 230W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 175/220/295/410W
Surround Sound Processing
- Surround: AI
- Cinema DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP programs: 24
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes
- Silent Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual Cinema Front)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/32-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes (including enhancer for Bluetooth)
- Pure Direct: Yes (with voice on mode)
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes
- High-resoluation music enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) and Precision EQ Calculation
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial volume & maximum volume setting: Yes
- A.R.T. wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0 - 500ms)
- DA converter: ESS 384kHz/32-bit SABRE PRO premier DAC ES9026PRO (for main 7 channels)
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI audio return channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analog to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI input/output: 7/3 (HDCP 2.2, HDR 10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB input: USB memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB/Analog Audio
- Digital audio input/output (optical): 3/0
- Digital audio input/output (coaxial): 3/0
- Analog audio input/output: 10 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 4/0
- Preout: 11.2-ch
- Headphone output: 1
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4/5GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Phono input: Yes
- Component video input/output: 2/0
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control: Yes
- Remote control unit: Yes
- Zone 2 audio output: Preout/HDMI
- Zone 3 audio output: Preout
- Zone 4 audio output: HDMI
- Powered zone: 2/3
- Zone video output: HDMI/component/composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (Advanced HDMI zone switching)
- Zone B output: HDMI
- Zone GUI: Yes
- RS-232C: Yes
- +12V trigger outputs: 2
- Remote IR input/output: 1/1
- Party mode: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
- Weight: 39.9 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-A3080 AVENTAGE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-A3080 AVENTAGE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
I shy away from Yamaha receivers for quite sometime, until a friend of mine own a Yamaha receiver set up. He had Yamaha DVD player then he later upgraded to Blue Ray, but didn't upgrade his receiver, it still sounded awesome.
I waited a bit longer, until Yamaha came out with the Advantage line up and research everything about it and compared it with other receivers and Yamaha won me over with what their receivers has to offer.
Once I hooked it up and ran the system through, I was just blown away about the 3D sound field it produces. Unlike the other receivers I own, they got too warm or too hot, (some had internal fans to cool, and they failed.) This receiver didn't warm too much even at high volume.
Overall, best receiver I've own so far.
1 year ago
My only concern is: AV Receivers heat up, which can cause circuitry failure. For the price of this receiver, Yamaha needs to incorporate a cooling fan system within the unit to help reduce the heat generated by the circuity .
over 2 years ago
Over my 30 years or so of Home Theater hobbying
many a' surround AV receiver has graced my livingroom.
Listen, from Sony, JVC (yes back in the 80's), RCA, Panasonic,
Denon, etc.. you get the point, none delivered that 3D sound like Yamaha.
Moreover, Yamaha delivers that 3D sound even in their entry level AVR's.
Not to mention, "all" units can drive Ohm loads that will overheat other
AV receivers ala' Onkyo for example.
If you're an Onkyo owner you know what I mean.
The Onkyo AV receivers get HOT!
That shortens the life of the AVR.
Entry level Yamaha receivers never get hot.
They decode & deliver surround sound with realism
without breaking a sweat or getting hot.
Check this out?
I know this Yamaha AVR boasts SABRE D.A.C.s, but, their
lesser or cheaper models use Burr-Brown D.A.C.s for the
digital to analog sound conversion.
Burr-Brown D.A.C.s are 2nd to none & Yamaha uses them
in even their entry level models.
That's quality my friends.
I cannot tell you enough at how superior Burr-Brown is to
other D.A.C.s that other Manufacturers use.
Yes, the D.A.C does make a huge difference in both 2,0 stereo
and surround sound performance.
So, Yamaha doesn't wimp out in any way in any of their AV receivers.
After years of learning my lessons, I'll only buy Yamaha AVRs.
When I throw in a Blu Ray or stream a Netflix film, I wanna hear & feel
that "3D sound" I experienced at the Cinema.
Yamaha is the only brand that has ever delivered that
"make ya' duck" when a bullet whizzes by kind of surround sound.
No doubt in my mind, if you want true "Dolby Surround" then Yamaha
is the only receiver you should employ in your system.
Well, that's my 2 cents.
It's up to you now to pull the trigger and step into the "real world"
of digital surround sound.
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
The Yamaha RX-A3080 includes MusicCast Yamahas wireless music distribution technology. MusicCast operates on a Wifi mesh network in your home. MusicCast speakers are wireless and powered locally by plug in AC. The 3080 has the ability to stream surround sound to MusicCast speakers or MusicCast speakers throughout your home, controlled by a the MusicCast app. you download to your iOS or Android device.
It does not stream Bluetooth to typical wireless speakers. It will, however stream music to a bluetooth enabled hand held device so you could listen on your device.