Yamaha's RX-A3060 Brings Power to the Aventage Receiver Lineup
The RX-A3060 is an 11.2-channel system -- nine amplified channels, line-level outputs for two more if you have a separate stereo amplifier, and front and back subwoofers. The amps pump out a true 150 watts per channel, to drive the most demanding speakers - in other words, your stereo system will thank us later.
- Yamaha's premiere Aventage craftsmanship and design
- Delivers the highest levels of audio performance through advanced sound engineering
- 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with the latest standards (HDCP 2.2, HDR and BT.2020)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X with Cinema DSP HD3
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio and Bluetooth output
- High-performance digital to analog conversion
- Room acoustics optimization using YPAO-R.S.C. with 3D, 64-bit precision EQ calculation
- Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
- AirPlay, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, SiriusXM, Internet Radio and AV Controller App
- Advanced HDMI zone switching, plus Zone Extra Bass for added bass
- Volume Equalizer for optimum sound balance
- Rated power: 150 watts continuous per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 7-1/2” high x 18-5/8” deep
- Weight: 39.9 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The AVENTAGE Advantage
No matter what your source, or how extensive your collection of home video, movies, music and streaming services may be, Yamaha’s RX-A3060 Aventage 11.2-channel Network Audio-Video Receiver can handle it. The flagship entry of Yamaha’s high-end line – simply put, the best receiver Yamaha makes – delivers the utmost fidelity through the finest speaker systems and video screens. Its construction, power and flexibility are unsurpassed. It’s crammed with every feature you can think of – and some you probably haven’t – in one handsome, convenient package.
There are dozens of equipment manufacturers, but Yamaha is a music company. It also crafts the instruments its electronics are designed to reproduce: pianos, percussion, guitars and violins, brass and woodwinds. Yamaha musical instruments are treasured worldwide, and its audio line is designed with that same exacting eye and ear - the RXA 3060 is no different. The Aventage line of networked AV receivers represents the most technologically advanced expression of that dedication. (You can compare the six models in the Aventage receiver line here)
Three Questions on the AVENTAGE 11 Channel Receiver
The audio-video receiver is the heart of today’s advanced home theater systems. When judging the Aventage line (or any AV receiver), check the three A’s:
- Is it adaptable? Does it handle everything you watch, listen to or own, or are likely to in the future?
- Is it accessible? Does it make those sources easy to get to, and give you multiple means of controlling how they look and sound?
- Is it accurate? Is the output true to the source? Is it carried and amplified with the highest fidelity?
The RX-A3060 aces each A. Let’s look more closely.
Adaptable: Inputs, Outputs Galore
Even before you plug in the RX-A3060, the back panel offers the first clue to how special this receiver is. You’ll find seven HDMI inputs (an eighth is on the front) and two HDMI outputs, enough for cable box, satellite, game system, Blu-ray and more. All process the latest ultra high definition 4K video signals with increased color depth and contrast. (Yamaha does its own “upsampling” and video processing to make even ordinary HD leap off the screen.) A full array of audio, phono, optical and coaxial digital and USB inputs, front and back, are all made extra-rugged to minimize wiggle and maximize contact. The speaker terminals are similarly solid and spaced farther apart than most, a godsend to the fumble-fingered among us.
Adaptable: Surrounded by Sound
And there are a lot of speaker connections. The RX-A3060 is an 11.2-channel system -- nine amplified channels, line-level outputs for two more if you have a separate stereo amplifier, and front and back subwoofers. The amps pump out a true 150 watts per channel, to drive the most demanding speakers. You can arrange those speakers in multiple configurations in front, to the sides, in back or above your head, plus what Yamaha refers to as two additional “presence” speakers in front for a deeper, wider soundstage. Audiophiles can “bi-amp” the main speakers, using separate amps for lows and midrange/highs, to tweak that last ounce of sound. Or you can set up and control remote speaker zones in other areas of your home. In other words, this Aventage 11 channel receiver delivers true surround sound, straight to your living room.
Adaptable: Multiple Formats
Of course, the RX-A3060 handles the latest surround-sound formats, from Dolby’s TrueHD and Atmos to DTS-HD and DTS:X, to locate the action around or above you. Then Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer with Reflected Sound Control makes the most of whatever speakers you’re using, and whatever room you’re in. Move an included microphone to multiple points around the room, and YPAO-R.S.C. uses the measurements to optimize the system’s frequency response, time delay and speaker levels.
Adaptable: Cinema DSP HD3
The RX-A3060 has still more magic in its hat to make listening rooms disappear. Yamaha is a pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through what it calls Digital Soundfield Processing. The company takes detailed acoustical measurements in real venues –intimate stages to large theaters, jazz clubs to arenas – and the data is programmed right into its microprocessors. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP HD3, with augmented 3D processing for pinpoint location accuracy, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you even deeper control of the height, width and overall scale of the sound space, for an experience that ranges from real to surreal with every song and soundtrack.
Accessible: MusicCast Your Home
Yamaha’s wireless MusicCast system spreads the sonic joy throughout the house. The built-in WiFi connects to your home router (or directly to other WiFi enabled equipment). Stream music from your home library, from subscription services including Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, Rhapsody, Napster and Internet radio, or from pads and phones using Apple’s iTunes and AirPlay, or other software. MusicCast is a whole sound ecosystem from Yamaha that covers its line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products, and operates them all through the convenient MusicCast app for Apple or Android.
Accessible: Bluetooth In and Out
MusicCast isn’t the only way to unplug your listening. Top-quality Bluetooth with a built-in Compressed Music Enhancer lets you stream from your mobile device to the RX-A3060 without losing sound quality. And Yamaha offers not only Bluetooth input but output as well, so you can send the sound back to Bluetooth headphones for solo listening or Bluetooth speakers for portable convenience.
Accessible: Control at Your Fingertips
Every Aventage receiver comes with a comprehensive remote control – but you may never pick it up. Instead, you’ll likely use Yamaha’s AV Controller app, which offers an intuitive and personalized way to access all of Aventage’s advanced capabilities. All Yamaha networked devices are automatically detected; setup is a snap. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, your zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and soundfield. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player through that same single app, free from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
Accurate: External isolation
Thoughtful design and conservative engineering are Yamaha hallmarks. The bottom of the RX-A3060’s chassis is actually two plates paired for extra stability, braced by H-frame cross members. (Not an unwise decision, considering this monster weighs 40 pounds.) Where most receivers have four feet on the bottom, Yamaha adds a fifth anti-resonance foot in the center, to dampen vibrations from the electronics inside, and to isolate the receiver from the speakers or other outside equipment. Short of an earthquake, nothing from the outside world will trouble this Sherman tank.
Accurate: Internal Innovation
The design and layout of Aventage circuitry show that same attention to detail. The huge transformer drives separate power supplies for the digital and analog circuitry, and the left- and right-channel amplifiers are physically and electrically separated, all to minimize crosstalk and other noise. Digital-to-analog processors and other integrated chips are all sourced from top manufacturers (including Yamaha), and tuned for maximum performance. Yamaha is so confident in its Aventage line that every receiver comes with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Accurate: Lifting the Veil
The proof of all this effort is in the sound. No matter the source, no matter the speakers, the RX-A3060 delivers unsurpassed clarity, even compared with similar-priced competitors. The proverbial “sound like a veil lifting” holds true here; with Yamaha’s Aventage receivers, nothing stands between you and the music or movie.
To Review …
If you find our three A’s and all their details too much to remember, here’s what you need to know in a nutshell: Yamaha’s Aventage RX-A3060 Network AV Receiver handles everything you have, sends it anywhere you want, sounds spectacular, and puts all its powers at your fingertips. There. That wasn’t too tough, was it?
WWS: What We Say
“Just listen to it. The amplifier sounds so much better, and makes the speakers sound so much better, more detailed, more wide open. And the app is awesome, definitely the best one I’ve seen controlling a receiver.” -- Adam Thomas Domurad, World Wide Stereo home technology expert
- Channels 9.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven) 165 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 150 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 230 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 175 / 220 / 295 / 410 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP Yes (HD3)
- DSP Programs 24
- Dialog Level Adjustment Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker Yes
- Dialogue Lift Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos Yes
- Dolby TrueHD Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx Yes
- DTS:X Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
- Pure Direct Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control), 3D, 64-bit Precision EQ Calculation and Angle Measurement
- YPAO Volume Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge Yes
- Bi-amp capability Yes
- Audio Delay Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels ESS SABRE32™ Ultra DAC (for main 7 channels)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI upscaling Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 8 (HDMI1-7: HDCP2.2 compatible) / 2 (HDCP2.2 compatible)
- HDMI CEC Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input HDMI / USB / Analog Audio / Composite
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 3 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 9 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- Component Video Input/Output 3 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout 11.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1
- Wi-Fi Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay Yes
- FM/AM Tuner Yes
- On-screen display Graphical User Interface
- SCENE SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control Yes
- Remote Control Unit Yes (Preset)
- Zone 2 Audio Output Preout / HDMI
- Zone 3 Audio Output Preout
- Zone 4 Audio Output HDMI
- Powered Zone Zone 2 / 3
- Zone Video Output HDMI / Component / Composite
- Zone HDMI Yes (Advanced HDMI Zone Switching)
- Zone B Output HDMI
- Zone GUI Yes
- RS-232C Interface Yes
- +12V Trigger Output 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output 1 / 1
- Party Mode Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/8” x 7-1/2” x 18-5/8”
- 17-1/8” x 9-3/4” x 18-5/8” (with antenna up)
- Weight 39.9 lbs.