Add some excitement to your home entertainment with the Yamaha RXA2080BL. This 9.2-Channel AV receiver features high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification,and anti-vibration technology to deliver a powerfully immersive sonic experience that will bring your favorite movies, TV shows and music to life. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X create a 3-dimensional soundstage, while 4K Ultra HD pass-through with upscaling for your SD and HD media delivers lifelike picture quality with brighter colors and sharper contrast that traditional 1080P. For music, you will enjoy the Yamaha RXA2080BL’s high-resolution audio playback, wireless audio streaming and the dedicated phono input for your record player. It also is part of the MusicCast family so you can add wireless speakers to fill your entire house with your favorite sounds.
- 9.2-channel A/V receiver
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect
- MusicCast multi-room audio streaming
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through with upscaling for your SD and HD media
- Upscales your SD and HD media
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X creates a 3-Dimensional soundstage
- YPAO speaker calibration makes setup a breeze
- Plaus High-Resolution Audio Files
- Built-in phono input
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatible
- RXA880BL Weight: 37.5 lbs
- RXA880BL Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
The receiver is a member of Yamaha’s AVENTAGE family of products. The RXA2080BL features high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology, and independent pure power supplies. Tech talk aside, the RXA2080BL is built to deliver a pure and powerful listening experience whether you are watching television or listening to your record collection.
The Yamaha RXA2080BL features a powerful digital-to-analog convertor that plays full 24-bit high-resolution audio files. This A/V receiver also has your favorite music streaming services built in. Spotify, TIDAL and Pandora, SiriusXM and more, all sound better with Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer.
Vinyl is Back
Ask nearly any music enthusiast and they will tell you nothing beats the excitement of pulling record out of its sleeve and dropping a needle into the groove of the vinyl. Now, you can experience what the fuss is all about with the Yamaha RXA2080BL. This AV Receiver has a built-in dedicated phono input so you can connect easily your turntable.
The Yamaha RX-A780 features 7 HDMI inputs that delivers brilliant 4K video at 60 frames per second. This receiver also features Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma. This result is a smoother picture with greater detail and brighter colors than Blu-ray. And if you haven't made the jump to 4K media just yet, this receiver will upscale all of your current SD and HD content.
There is not a bird flying through your TV room, it is just Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. This technology creates a three dimensional soundstage that lets you hear individual voices in a crowd, cars whipping around the corner, and jets flying over your head from the comfort of your home.
Put down the remote and ask Alexa. You can control your RX2080BL with your Dot, Echo or other Amazon Alexa enabled device. Alexa can switch between inputs, control volume, pause and play tracks, mute volume and skip through songs.
YPAO Sound Optimization
Getting the most out of your Yamaha RX2080BL is a breeze with YPAO Sound Optimization. YPAO analyzes your room and automatically o acoustic adjustments to optimize its output. Weather you live in a condo or castle the RX12080BL delivers a transcendent listening experience.
- Channels: 9.2
- Rated output power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 155W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 140W (1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 220W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 165/210/285/405W
Surround Sound Processing
- Surround: AI
- Cinema DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP programs: 24
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes
- Silent Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual Cinema Front)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/32-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes (including enhancer for Bluetooth)
- Pure Direct: Yes (with voice on mode)
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes
- High-resoluation music enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) and Precision EQ Calculation
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial volume & maximum volume setting: Yes
- A.R.T. wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0 - 500ms)
- DA converter: Burr-Brown 384kHz/32-bit DAC x4
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI audio return channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analog to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI input/output: 7/3 (HDCP 2.2, HDR 10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB input: USB memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB/Analog Audio
- Digital audio input/output (optical): 3/0
- Digital audio input/output (coaxial): 3/0
- Analog audio input/output: 9 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 4/0
- Preout: 7.2-ch
- Headphone output: 1
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4/5GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Phono input: Yes
- Component video input/output: 2/0
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control: Yes
- Remote control unit: Yes
- Zone 2 audio output: Preout/HDMI
- Zone 3 audio output: Preout
- Zone 4 audio output: HDMI
- Powered zone: 2/3
- Zone video output: HDMI/component/composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (Advanced HDMI zone switching)
- Zone B output: HDMI
- Zone GUI: Yes
- RS-232C: Yes
- +12V trigger outputs: 2
- Remote IR input/output: 1/1
- Party mode: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
- Weight: 37.5 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-A2080 AVENTAGE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-A2080 AVENTAGE 9.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
2 powered subs and either 2 or 4 Atmos/height channels.
The RX-A2080 has provisions for 2 subwoofers, one at the front of your room and the other at the back. However both could be located at the front.
It has the option of 4 (2 Pair) of height speakers, front and rear but you would need an additional 2 channel amplifier connected to the SUR BACK pre outputs.
The 2080 has a great deal of flexibility when in the 7.2 or 9.2 modes.
Follow the link below for the instruction manual and the various options for surround channels or 2nd or 3rd zones.