Questions? We're here to help.
The RX-A2060 Showcases the Best of Yamaha's Aventage Receivers
Engineered with high end audio performance in mind, the RX-A2060 Aventage uses DTS:X and Dolby Atmos to create a true three dimensional sound stage for your favorite films and albums - the experience is unique, even when comparing high end receivers. With 9 channels, true surround sound is finally attainable, and you can utilize Yamaha's MusicCast feature set to bring music to every home in your room wirelessly and enjoy your new home theater, courtesy of Yamaha!
- Legendary Aventage craftsmanship, engineered to deliver the highest levels of audio performance
- Aluminum front panel, symmetrical amplifier layout, H-shaped cross frame
- 4K Ultra HD video upscaling supports the latest technical standards
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound (7.1.2-ch or 5.1.4-ch)
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio
- High-performance digital to analog conversion
- Room acoustics optimization using YPAO - R.S.C. with 3D, multipoint and angle measurement
- Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
- AirPlay, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, SiriusXM, Internet Radio and AV Controller App
- Decodes high-resolution audio files, including DSD, FLAC, WAV and AIFF (192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Decodes Apple Lossless files (96 kHz / 24-bit)
- Advanced HDMI zone switching, Zone Extra Bass, and Zone Volume Equalizer for optimum sound balance
- Rated power: 140 watts continuous per channel, 20-20kHz, two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 7-1/2” high x 18-5/8” deep
- Weight: 37.5 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Simply Legendary Audio Quality
For today’s multitude of sources and extensive collections of online videos, movies, music and streaming services, Yamaha has crafted the RX-A2060 Aventage 9.2-channel Network Audio-Video Receiver. The penultimate entry in Yamaha’s high-end receiver line delivers true fidelity through the finest speaker systems and television screens. With quality construction, high power and extreme flexibility, the RX-A2060 comes crammed with virtually every feature available, in one elegant and easy to use package, to serve as the centerpiece of the finest home theater systems.
About Yamaha's Legacy
Alone among top equipment manufacturers, Yamaha is a music company as well. Its pianos, percussion, guitars and violins, brass and woodwinds are treasured worldwide, and its audio line is designed with that same exacting eye and ear. And Yamaha’s Aventage line of network AV receivers is the most technologically advanced expression of that dedication. (You can compare the six models in the Aventage receiver line here) There's a reason we consider Aventage receivers to be best in class.
Inputs & Outputs Galore
Even before you plug in the RX-A2060, the exterior demonstrates how special this receiver is. On the back panel you’ll find seven HDMI inputs (an eighth is on the front) and two HDMI outputs, enough for cable, satellite, game system, Blu-ray and more. All process the latest ultra-high definition 4K video with increased color depth and contrast. (Yamaha adds “upsampling” and video processing to make even ordinary HD leap off the screen.) A full array of audio, phono, digital, component video and USB inputs, front and back, are all extra-rugged for reliability. The speaker terminals are similarly solid, and spaced farther apart than most, to ease installation hassles.
Yamaha Quality Construction
Next, look underneath. Where most receivers have four feet on the bottom, Yamaha adds a fifth, anti-resonance foot in the center, to dampen vibrations from inside, and to isolate the circuits from outside disturbance. And the chassis itself is extra sturdy, reinforced with H-shaped cross members for stability. Short of an earthquake, nothing from the outside world will trouble this Sherman tank - Aventage receivers are built to last.
Impeccable Circuit Design
That attention to detail continues with the circuitry itself. A huge transformer drives separate power supplies for the digital and analog circuitry, and the left- and right-channel amplifiers are physically separated to minimize noise. The power transistors are mounted on anti-resonance heat sinks. Digital-to-analog processors and other integrated chips are all sourced from top manufacturers (including Yamaha), and tuned for maximum performance. Yamaha is so confident in its Aventage line that every receiver comes with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
True Surround Sound
The RX-A2060 is a 9.2-channel system –nine amplified channels and connections for subwoofers front and back. The amps pump out a true 140 watts per channel to drive today’s most demanding speakers. You can arrange those speakers in multiple configurations in front, to the sides, in back or above your head, plus what Yamaha refers to as two additional “presence” speakers in front for a deeper, wider soundstage. Audiophiles can “bi-amp” the main pair, powering the lows and midrange/highs separately, to tweak the sound quality even further. Or you can set up and control remote speaker zones in other areas of your home.
Multiple Formats, Decoded
Of course, the RX-A2060 handles all surround-sound formats, including the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to locate the action around or above you. Then Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer with Reflected Sound Control makes the most of whatever speakers you’re using, and whatever room you’re in. Move an included microphone to multiple points around the room, and YPAO-R.S.C. uses the measurements to optimize the system’s frequency response, time delay and speaker levels.
Future Proof with Cinema DSP 3D
There’s more magic to help make listening rooms disappear. Yamaha is a pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through what it calls Digital Soundfield Processing. The company takes detailed measurements in real venues – from movie theaters to arenas – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP 3D offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you full control of the scale of the sound space, for an experience that ranges from real to surreal. And if you haven’t yet added surround speakers, Cinema DSP will use what you’ve got to create a virtual surround sound field.
MusicCast Your Home
With Yamaha’s MusicCast system, the RX-A2060 uses built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound throughout your home. Stream music from your own personal library, from subscription services including Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, Rhapsody, Napster and Internet radio, or from pads and phones, using Apple’s iTunes and AirPlay, among other sources. And more than a receiver-based setup, Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem of sound that covers an entire line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products. All Aventage receivers operate through the convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android.
Bluetooth, In and Out
MusicCast isn’t the only way to unplug your listening. Top-quality Bluetooth with built-in Compressed Music Enhancer lets you stream from your mobile device without sacrificing sound quality. And, in a rare feature in AV receivers, Yamaha offers not only Bluetooth input but output as well, so you can send the sound back to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or Bluetooth speakers for portable convenience.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Aventage receiver comes with a comprehensive remote control – but you may never pick it up. Instead, you’ll likely use your phone or tablet and Yamaha’s AV Controller app, which offers an intuitive and personalized way to access all of Aventage’s advanced capabilities. Yamaha networked devices are automatically detected; setup is a snap. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, your zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and soundfield. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player through that same single app, free from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
Need More? Just Listen
The RX-A2060’s flexibility and convenience are evident, but the real test is the sound. No matter the source, no matter the speakers, the RX-A2060 delivers crystal clarity, from solid lows to silky highs. As the audio axiom goes, it seems like a veil has been lifted; through Yamaha’s Aventage receivers, nothing stands between you and the music or soundtrack.
- Channels 9.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven) 155 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 140 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 220 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 165 / 210 / 285 / 405 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs 23
- Dialog Level Adjustment Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker Yes
- Dialogue Lift Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos Yes
- Dolby TrueHD Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx Yes
- DTS:X Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
- Pure Direct Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control), 3D and Angle measurement
- YPAO Volume Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge Yes
- Bi-amp capability Yes
- Audio Delay Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels Yes (ESS)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI upscaling Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Video adjustment Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 8 (HDMI1-7: HDCP2.2 compatible) / 2 (HDCP2.2 compatible)
- HDMI CEC Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port Yes
- Front AV Input HDMI / USB / Analog Audio / Composite
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 3 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 9 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- Component Video Input/Output 3 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout 7.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1
- Wi-Fi Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Tuner Section
- FM/AM Tuner Yes
- On-screen display Graphical User Interface
- SCENE SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control Yes
- Remote Control Unit Yes
- Zone 2 Audio Output Preout / HDMI
- Zone 3 Audio Output Preout
- Zone 4 Audio Output HDMI
- Powered Zone Zone 2 / 3
- Zone Video Output HDMI / Component / Composite
- Zone HDMI Yes (Advanced HDMI Zone Switching)
- Zone B Output HDMI
- Zone GUI Yes
- RS-232C Interface Yes
- +12V Trigger Output 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output 1 / 1
- Party Mode Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/8” x 7-1/2” x 18-5/8”
- 17-1/8” x 9-3/4” x 18-5/8” (with antenna up)
- Weight 37.5 lbs.