Yamaha RX-A1080 7.2 Channel Receiver Overview
Are you a movie and music lover who wants to get the most out of your home entertainment? The Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1080 will bring you all of the excitement you have been missing. The 7.2-channel AV Receiver has all of the features you want in a home theater receiver. Featuring an amplifier that delivers 100-watts of pure power, the RX-A1080 delivers crystal clear sound with rich detail. Made for movies, this receiver features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X to deliver lifelike 3-dimensional surround sound. 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling allow you to view realistic images and a true to life color palette. This receiver is also loaded with features music fans will gush over too. This receiver can play high-resolution audio files, features a built-in phono input for your record player and vinyl collection, and has built-in streaming capabilities so you can enjoy your favorite apps like Spotify, Pandora, Tidal and more. All of this and MusicCast wireless speaker capabilities make the RX-A1080 a true home audio powerhouse.
- 7.2-channel Audio/Video Receiver
- 110-watts at 8 ohms
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver 3D Sound
- YPAO speaker calibration makes setup a breeze
- Built-in phono input
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatible
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling
- MusicCast multi room streaming
- Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi
- Built-in streaming services including Spotify, Napster, Tidal, SiriusXM and more
- RXA1080BL Weight: 32.8 lbs
- RXA1080BL Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/8" x 17 1/4"
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
WIth the Yamaha RX-A1080 you will hear music exactly as the artist intended -- clear and powerful. This receiver can play a variety of high-resolution audio formats from a USB storage device or your computer over WiFi. From the sound of a singer’s breaths between verses to the tap of a drum stick on a hi-hat, hi-res audio lets you hear every detail.
Alexa Voice Control
Use Amazon Alexa to control of your Yamaha RX-A1080. Just ask and Alexa will let you control input selection, volume, and skip through songs.
Plenty of Inputs and Outputs
The Yamaha RX-A1080 is designed to help you get more from all of your home audio. This AV receiver features component video inputs, composite video inputs, digital audio inputs, optical and coaxial, analog stereo inputs and a phono input for connecting a turntable. It also features enough. It even has enough HDMI output for you to watch two separate video sources at the same time.
MusicCast Multi-Room Audio
MusicCast Wireless Speakers allow you to enjoy the sounds of your RX-A1080 throughout your entire home. This AV receiver wirelessly connects to MusicCast speakers so you can stream music from your mobile devices, internet radio, and streaming services and TV. The free MusicCast Controller app lets you control the audio right from your smartphone or tablet.
Whether you live in a cavernous mansion or cozy apartment you can rest easy knowing you won’t need a degree in acoustic engineering to get started with your RX-A1080. This Yamaha receiver features YPAO Sound Optimization. This technology analyzes your room and automatically makes acoustic adjustments to compensate for factors that impact your sound. The result is crystal clear audio performance no matter where you use your Yamaha receiver.
The AVENTAGE RX-A1080’s beauty isn’t skin deep. Sure it is stylish, but it's designed to enhance your listening experience. A SABRE ES9007S Premier Audio DAC receiver produces professional quality digital audio. Anti-Resonance Technology reduce vibrations so you won’t hear any distracting noise when you crank the volume. The aluminum front panel shields the internal circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation.
Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
Stream Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, Apple Music or just about any other app with audio using the RX-A1080's built-in Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Sit back and listen as Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer ensures all of your streaming files are clear and powerful. You have never heard music sound like this.
- Channels: 7.2
- Rated output power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 120W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated output power (20Hz - 20kHz, 2ch driven): 110W (1kHz, 8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum effective output power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 165W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 135/165/210/280W
Surround Sound Processing
- Surround: AI
- Cinema DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP programs: 24
- Dialog level adjustment: Yes
- Virtual presence speaker: Yes
- Virtual surround back speaker: Yes
- Dialogue lift: Yes
- Silent Cinema/Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual Cinema Front)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC: Up to 192kHz/24-bit, WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHz/32-bit, DSD: Up to 11.2MHz
- Compressed music enhancer: Yes (including enhancer for Bluetooth)
- Pure Direct: Yes (with voice on mode)
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) and Precision EQ Calculation
- YPAO volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial volume & maximum volume setting: Yes
- A.R.T. wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio delay: Yes (0 - 500ms)
- DA converter: Burr-Brown 384kHz/32-bit DAC x4
- 4K Ultra HD passthrough and upscaling: Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI audio return channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analog to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate/Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI input/output: 7/3 (HDCP 2.2, HDR 10/Dolby Vision/HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB input: USB memory
- Network port: Yes
- Front AV input: USB/mini-jack
- Digital audio input/output (optical): 3/0
- Digital audio input/output (coaxial): 3/0
- Analog audio input/output: 9 (front 1)/0
- Composite video input/output: 4/0
- Preout: 7.2-ch
- Headphone output: 1
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4/5GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Phono input: Yes
- Component video input/output: 2/0
- FM/AM tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE (8 sets)
- App control: Yes (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet)
- Web browser control: Yes
- Remote control unit: Yes
- Zone 2 audio output: Preout/HDMI
- Powered zone: Zone 2
- Zone video output: HDMI/component/composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (HDMI zone switching)
- Zone B output: HDMI
- RS-232C: Yes
- +12V trigger outputs: 2
- Remote IR input/output: 1/1
- Party mode: Yes
- Standby power consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto power standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 7 1/8" x 17 1/4"
- Weight: 32.8 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RX-A1080 AVENTAGE 7.2-Channel AV Receiver
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Yamaha RX-A1080 AVENTAGE 7.2-Channel AV Receiver with MusicCast
I was previously using a Pioneer VSX 1020 and was somewhat underwhelmed by the overall sound quality. I knew I wanted to incorporate some Atmos capabilities and was looking for an receiver that would provide a little more oomph and features.
The difference is unbelievable. The Polk speakers came alive.
I used the calibration mic with multiple Listening positions. This was very straight forward process.
I have been using the amp now for 30 days and would certainly recommend. Looking forward to it’s big brother when we create the dedicated theater room.
6 months ago
Fast forward six months not only did one of my HDMI inputs die but the unit also sounds and awful. L /R speakers are flat, tinny. The Center marginally better. Surrounds good but the sub's level has to be cranked up to obtain any meaningful, balanced bass.
Half the time, the sub LFE input will not get a signal until I crank the volume. Once it dies, it turns on.
The sub is fine, when I connect my old receiver the bass rock, i had to lower it to a third of thee needed volume for Yamaha.
I was so excited at first with this one. There are days now I want to just throw it out.
Google low bass and you will find dozens upon dozens of similar complaints.