The RX-A1060 Aventage is the Perfect Yamaha 7.2 Channel Receiver
Engineered with high end audio performance in mind, the RX-A1060 Aventage creates a true home theater sound stage for your favorite films and delivers music the way your favorite artists intended. Yamaha’s Total Purity Concept ensures that every receiver is designed to create nothing short of the highest possible sound quality. Use MusicCast to bring music to every home in your room wirelessly and enjoy your new home theater, courtesy of Yamaha!
- Aventage craftsmanship, designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance
- Aluminum front panel, symmetrical amplifier layout, H-shaped cross frame
- 4K Ultra HD with video upscaling and support for all technological standards
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound processing (5.1.2-ch)
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio compatible
- Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
- AirPlay, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, Sirius XM, Internet Radio
- AV Controller app
- Advanced HDMI zone switching for Zone 2, with Zone Extra Bass and Zone Volume Equalizer
- Support for high-definition audio files including DSD, FLAC, WAV and AIFF (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Room acoustics optimization using YPAO - R.S.C. with multipoint measurement
- Power output: 100 watts continuous, 20-20kHz, with two channels driven
- Dimensions: 17-1/8” wide x 7-1/8” high x 17-1/4” deep
- Weight: 32.8 pounds
- Warranty: Three years parts and labor
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The AVENTAGE Experience
For today’s multitude of A/V sources and extensive collections of online videos, movies, music and streaming services, Yamaha has crafted its high-end Aventage series of Network Audio-Video Receivers. The RX-A1060, which occupies the middle of that line, offers an ideal balance of value and performance, delivering true fidelity through finer speaker systems and video screens. With quality construction, high power and extreme flexibility, the RX-A1060 comes crammed with virtually every feature available, in one elegant and easy to use package, to serve as the centerpiece of any top-quality home theater system like only a Yamaha 7.2 channel receiver can.
About Yamaha's Audio Legacy
Alone among top equipment manufacturers, Yamaha is a music company as well. Its pianos, percussion, guitars and violins, brass and woodwinds are treasured worldwide, and its audio line is designed with that same exacting eye and ear. And Yamaha’s Aventage line of network AV receivers is the most technologically advanced expression of that dedication. (You can compare the six models in the Aventage receiver line here).
Inputs and Outputs Galore
Even before you plug in the RX-A1060, the exterior shows how special this receiver is. On the back panel you’ll find seven HDMI inputs (an eighth is on the front) and two HDMI outputs, enough for cable, satellite, game system, Blu-ray and more. All process the latest ultra high definition 4K video signals with increased color depth and up-sampling of HD signals to near-4K quality. A full array of audio, phono, digital, component video and USB inputs, front and back, are extra-rugged for reliability. And where most receivers have four feet on the bottom, Yamaha adds a fifth, anti-resonance foot in the center, to dampen vibrations from inside, and to isolate the circuits from outside disturbance.
Thoughtful Circuit Design
That attention to detail continues inside. A large transformer drives separate power supplies for the digital and analog circuitry, and the left- and right-channel amplifiers are physically separated to minimize noise and maximize channel separation. Power transistors are mounted on anti-resonance heat sinks. The digital-to-analog processors and other integrated chips are all sourced from top manufacturers (including Yamaha), and tuned for maximum performance. Yamaha is so confident in its Aventage line, every receiver comes with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Speakers All Around
The RX-A1060 is a 7.2-channel system – seven amplified channels and connections for subwoofers front and back. The amps pump out a true 110 watts per channel to drive today’s demanding speakers. You can arrange those speakers in multiple configurations to suit your preference – in front, at the sides, in back or above your head, or use what Yamaha refers to as two additional “presence” speakers in the front for a deeper, wider soundstage. Audiophiles can choose to “bi-amp” the main pair, powering the lows and midrange/highs separately to tweak sound quality even further. Or you can set up and control a second remote speaker zone elsewhere in your home.
Surround Sound Plus
The RX-A1060 handles all surround-sound formats, including the latest Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to locate the action or above you. To that, the receiver adds Yamaha’s Parametric Acoustic Optimizer with Reflected Sound Control: During setup, move an included microphone to multiple points around the room, and YPAO-R.S.C. takes measurements to adjust frequency response, time delay and channel levels to make the most of your speakers, configuration and room acoustics.
Cinema DSP 3D
There’s more magic to help make listening rooms disappear. Yamaha is a pioneer in the creation of virtual audio spaces through what it calls Digital Soundfield Processing. The company takes detailed measurements in real venues – from movie theaters to arenas – and programs the data right into its microprocessors. Yamaha’s Cinema DSP 3D offers pinpoint location of sound effects, transforms your listening room into any number of locations, and gives you full control of the scale of the soundspace, for an experience that ranges from real to surreal. You can combine specific sources with specific DSP settings and save them in programmable, convenient one-touch Scene buttons. And if you haven’t yet added surround speakers, Cinema DSP will use what you’ve got to create a virtual surround sound field.
MusicCast Your Entire Home
With Yamaha’s MusicCast system, the RX-A1060 uses built-in WiFi and your home network to wirelessly distribute sound throughout your home. Stream music from your own personal library, from subscription services including Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, Rhapsody, Napster and Internet radio, or from pads and phones, using Apple’s iTunes and AirPlay, among other sources. And more than a receiver-based setup, Yamaha’s MusicCast is an ecosystem of sound that covers an entire line of wireless speakers, soundbars and other products. All are controlled through the convenient MusicCast app for iOS and Android.
Bluetooth In, Bluetooth Out
MusicCast isn’t the only way to unplug your music. Top quality Bluetooth, with Compressed Music Enhancer built into, lets you stream from your mobile device to the RX-A1060 without sacrificing sound quality. And, in a rare feature in AV receivers, Yamaha offers not only Bluetooth input but also output, so you can send the sound back to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or Bluetooth speakers for portable convenience.
Control at Your Fingertips
Every Aventage receiver comes with a comprehensive remote controls, but you may never pick it up. Instead, you’ll likely use your phone or tablet and Yamaha’s AV Controller app, which offers an intuitive and personalized way to access all of Aventage’s advanced capabilities. All Yamaha networked devices are automatically detected, and setup is a snap. Choose your input, music, scene or stream, your zone and speakers. Control and customize your sound and soundfield. Even operate a compatible Yamaha Blu-ray player with the app, a free download from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
Need More? Just Listen
The RX-A1060’s flexibility and convenience are evident, but the real test is the sound. No matter the source, no matter the speakers, the RX-A1060 delivers crystal clarity, from solid lows to silky highs. As the audio axiom goes, it seems like a veil has been lifted; through Yamaha’s Aventage receivers, nothing stands between you and the sound.
Pairs well with: A wide range of home-theater speaker systems, including one of our favorites, the Klipsch 5.1 RP-260 Reference Premiere package, or the individual speakers therein.
- Channels 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven) 120 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 110 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 165 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 135 / 165 / 210 / 280 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs 23
- Dialog Level Adjustment Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker Yes
- Dialogue Lift Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos Yes
- Dolby TrueHD Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx Yes
- DTS:X Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
- Pure Direct Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement Yes (R.S.C)
- YPAO Volume Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge Yes
- Bi-amp capability Yes
- Audio Delay Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels Yes (ESS)
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling Yes (4K/60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D pass-through Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI upscaling Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 8 (HDMI1-7: HDCP2.2 compatible) / 2 (HDCP2.2 compatible)
- HDMI CEC Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port Yes
- Front AV Input HDMI / USB / Analog Audio / Composite
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 3 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 9 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- Component Video Input/Output 3 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout 7.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1
- Wi-Fi Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- AirPlay Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- FM/AM Tuner Yes
- On-screen display Graphical User Interface
- SCENE SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control Yes
- Remote Control Unit Yes
- Zone 2 Audio Output Preout / HDMI
- Powered Zone Zone 2
- Zone Video Output HDMI / Component / Composite
- Zone HDMI Yes (HDMI Zone Switching)
- Zone B Output HDMI
- RS-232C Interface Yes
- +12V Trigger Output 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output 1 / 1
- Party Mode Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/8” x 7-1/8” x 17-1/4”
- 17-1/8” x 9-3/4” x 17-1/4” (with antenna up)
- Weight 32.8 lbs.