R-S300 Natural Sound Stereo Receiver
Affordable stereo receiver combining ToP-ART technology and ART Base chassis construction for crisp, clean sound. Advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, Pure Direct, along with Yamaha iPod dock connection and a 40-station AM/FM for great music enjoyment.
- High-end design similar to the A-S2000 the look and feel of the control knobs, for example.
- ToP-ART and ART Base chassis construction fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration
- High grade parts selected and tested to meet Yamaha standards and provide the best possible sound.
- An iPod Dock port provides highest quality sound from an iPod. iPod Video Out allows connection to a TV.
- Connect two sets of speakers; switch between them or listen to both at the same time.
- Auto Power Off automatically turns off the power after a certain amount of time to save energy.
- 50W x 2 high power output
- 40-station AM/FM random access preset tuning
- Pure Direct for short and direct signal path
- Aluminum-extruded front panel
- Subwoofer Out
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Slim-design remote control
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
12V Trigger Out (Control Out)The 12V trigger output can be used to automatically power on the components in Zone 2 when the main power is turned on. Output is a high 100mA, so relay operation is possible.
Remote (IR) 2 In/Out and Remote 2 InThese terminals let you connect an IR signal receiver for wireless remote control between the Main Zone and Zone 2.
Speaker A/B and A+B SelectionEnjoy music in a second room! Just connect a second pair of speakers to the Speaker B terminals and you can listen to either pair or both of them at the same time.
The Look and Texture of QualityOffers the look and feel of the top-class A-S2000, with elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. You can feel Yamaha's commitment to quality when you touch the knobs.
ToP- Quality DesignToP-ART (Total Performance Anti-Resonance Technology) design uses a symmetrical layout for accurate sound field reproduction and the ART Base to eliminate effects from external vibration.
Pure DirectMusic signals travel the shortest possible route, bypassing the buffer amp and tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
New Speaker TerminalsThese high grade speaker terminals have silver plating for best connection and outstanding durability. The pitch between jacks is wider for easier insertion.
Highest Quality PartsThe quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
Continuously Variable Loudness ControlOur ears lose sensitivity to high and low frequencies at low volume levels. This control lets you turn down the volume while maintaining the optimum frequency response.
Special Power Supply for Clear iPod SoundThe iPod dock has an independent power supply to prevent operating or charging current from the iPod from flowing into the amp ground signal. This ensures optimum iPod sound quality.
Balanced System for Minimal NoiseAn unbalanced interface is subject to commonmode voltage noise, so Yamaha uses a balanced system to receive the iPod signal. This makes a significant contribution to reducing noise in the system for higher sound quality.
- ToP-ART Technology: Yes
- Output Power (RMS): 50 W x 2
- iPod Compatibility via Yamaha Universal Dock: 1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10)
- Pure Direct Switch: Yes
- THD: [0.04%]
- Linear Damping Factor (Speaker A): 150 or more
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control: Yes
- REC Out: Yes
- Remote Controllable Master Volume Control: Yes
- Preset Tuning for Radio Stations: 40-station
- IR Ports: 1 In / 1 Out
- Product Dimension (W x H x D) / Weight (lbs.): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4" / 19.4
- Phono Input: Yes