The elegant design of the R-N803 is equally matched with powerful, brainy internals. A full suite of modern technology and connectivity features make it even more captivating and result in a receiver worthy to take home to your Wi-Fi and your Hi-Fi.
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) (symmetrical circuit design, ART [Anti-Resolution and Tough] Base)
- Low-impedance, high output power amp (shortest circuit design, equipped with eight power transistors: four each, left/right)
- Powerful power supply (505.20 VA custom-made power transformer, 12,000uF/71V block capacitors)
- YPAO auto-calibration technology for ideal sound (192 kHz/64-bit YPAO Precision EQ, YPAO-R.S.C. - Reflected Sound Control, YPAO Volume)
- Pure Direct mode for greater sound purity
- High-resolution music playback with 192 kHz/24-bit ESS DAC
- Enjoy all your favorite modern music sources (network audio, streaming services, Bluetooth, AirPlay, FM radio)
- Compatible with popular music streaming services, including Spotify — and the latest: TIDAL and Deezer
- Digital audio input for TV or Blu-ray Disc Player
- Phono input for vinyl playback
- MusicCast compatibility with MusicCast app
- Handy trigger control
- Gapless playback compatibility
- Simple yet sophisticated design
Legendary Yamaha Hi-Fi Design Concept ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology)
This unit’s design is directly descended from the legendary Yamaha Hi-Fi design concept ToP-ART, which strives to faithfully preserve the integrity of the audio signals by combining a meticulously symmetrical left/right circuit layout and signal directness (straightest, shortest signal paths) with a low-vibration chassis of high rigidity, equipped with the special resin frame “Art Base” that absorbs and blocks unnecessary vibration. It maintains sonic purity and accurate stereo image of the music to create unshakeable drivability.
Low-Impedance, High Output Power Amp
The power amp block adopts a symmetrical and direct circuit layout based on the ToP-ART concept, featuring a parallel push-pull structure using a total of eight bipolar-type power transistors (four each, on left and right) as its output terminals. Impedance is lowered by minimizing the lengths of the audio signal paths in the circuit design to achieve superb drive power with a maximum output of 145 watts (per channel).
YPAO for Ideal Sound (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer)
For the first time in a Hi-Fi receiver, the R-N803 is equipped with the Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO), a famed technology used in Yamaha AV receivers. It measures the shape of the room, the material of the wall, and the position of the speaker, then automatically adjusts the sound to create the ideal response and sonic quality. The unit also features other advanced YPAO functions, including YPAO - Reflected Sound Control, which actively corrects the important early reflection sounds that greatly influence sound quality, and YPAO Volume, which applies exceptionally high-precision EQ (equalization), with 192 kHz/64-bit operation. The result? You can create an ideal listening environment right in your home, just like that of a professional audio listening room. Moreover, you can control the YPAO feature and display the analysis results by using the MusicCast app.*
* To be supported in future firmware updates.
Supports High-Resolution Music with ESS 192 kHz/24-bit DAC
The R-N803 is compatible with high-resolution sound sources: DSD 5.6 MHz native and AIFF, WAV, FLAC 192 kHz/24-bit, as well as Apple Lossless 96 kHz/24-bit. It uses the renowned SABRE 9006AS 192 kHz/24-bit DAC (from ESS Technology) to deliver superior S/N performance. Combined with the Yamaha original network module, the unit thoroughly draws out all the sonic merits of high-resolution sound sources, effectively reproducing even the subtle ambience of concert halls and delicate expressive nuances in the sound.
From your smartphone, networked audio, streaming services, or just the TV—enjoy Hi-Fi quality, with superior, exceptionally sonic integrity on everything you hear. Open new dimensions of clarity with the R-N803.
Digital Audio Input for TV or Blu-ray Disc Player
This receiver is equipped for digital audio input with both optical and coaxial terminals. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV, and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources, from sports and other programs to movies and concerts.
Love for Vinyl
Throw your vinyl collection love and drop a needle with the phono input terminal that connects the R-N803 to a record player.
Tap, swipe, and control with the free MusicCast app. Download the intuitively designed app and seamlessly operate the R-N803 and other MusicCast devices.
- Minimum RMS power: 100W + 100W (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.019% THD)
- Maximum power: 145W + 145W (8 ohms, 1kHz, 10% THD)
- Dynamic power per channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 140W/170W/220W/290W
- Network: LAN (DLNA version 1.5 (DMR)), Wi-Fi
- Supported formats:
- MP3, WMA, MPEG4 AAC 48kHz
- 320kbps WAV, FLAC, AIFF 192kHz
- 24-bit, ALAC96kHz
- 24-bit DSD 2.8/5.6MHz
- Version: 2.1 + EDR
- Profile: A2DP, AVRCP
- Audio codec: SBC, AAC (receiving only)
- Analog audio (CD, Phono, Line 1, Line 2, Line 3): 5
- Optical Digital: 2
- Coaxial Digital: 2
- USB: 1
- Analog audio (Line 2, Line 3): 2
- Headphone: 1
- Subwoofer: 1
- Speaker: 2 (4 terminals)
- Trigger out: 1
- Tuner: FM/AM
- Standby power consumption
- 1.8W (wired, network standby on)
- 1.8W (Wi-Fi, network standby on)
- 1.9W (wireless direct, network standby on)
- 1.8W (Bluetooth, network standby on)
- With antenna up: 17 1/8" x 8 1/2" x 15 7/16"
- Without antenna: 17 1/8" x 6" x 15 7/16"
- Weight: 24.3 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- R-N803BL Network Receiver
- Remote control
- Batteries (x2)
- Power cord
- YPAO microphone
- FM antenna cord
- AM antenna cord