The NX-N500's Are Yamaha's Ultimate Bookshelf Speakers
Using the latest in Yamaha wireless technology, the NX-N500 Powered Network Speakers are the next addition for your multi-room audio system. Using the MusicCast app on your phone, you can control your music from the comfort of your couch, or connect your compatible speakers for a full stereo or home theater sound. Typical of Yamaha, the quality is phenomenal, with its Precision Plus Musicality designed to play your audio in crystal clear quality and with incredible depth.
- Powered Yamaha bookshelf speakers
- MusicCast wireless multiroom audio support
- Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct for wireless music streaming
- AirPlay, Spotify, Pandora, Rhapsody, SiriusXM Internet Radio and vTuner streaming services
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 384 kHz / 32-bit, Apple Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- 192 kHz / 24-bit optical digital input for connecting to a TV
- ESS 32-bit D/A converter
- Discrete analog amplifier and bi-amp drive reproduces music with lively dynamism
- Balanced signal transmission thoroughly eliminates sound quality degradation
- Rigid enclosure specially designed to suppress unwanted resonance
- Right speaker: 6.75” W x 11.25” H x 8.75” D
- Left speaker: 6.69” W x 11.25” H x 9.38” D
- Right speaker: 12.6 lbs
- Left speaker: 13.8 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Yamaha's Better Bookshelf Speaker
Wish you had a speaker that sounded like a finely tuned musical instrument - and came with Bluetooth connectivity to boot? Take a look at our Yamaha NX-N500 Powered Network Speakers. They’re strong and powerful bookshelf monitor speakers, a true hi-fi product from one of the world’s renowned instrument makers. Connect your devices with Bluetooth or make these Yamaha bookshelf speakers an integral part of your MusicCast-enabled home.
What’s in the Yamaha Name?
Ever notice that so many rockers’ instruments are made by Yamaha? This is no coincidence. Specializing in providing professional-grade audio for generations, Yamaha makes some of the best instruments and sound systems on the planet. Now, with these speakers, put some of that experience to work in your own stereo setup or home theater.
Streaming to Your Speakers
Stream all your music, your favorite MP3s and hi-res audio files, your Youtube channels and Pandora feeds, straight to the NX-N500 with its included Bluetooth feature. No network? No problem. You can always connect wirelessly with Yamaha’s AirPlay.
The Next Audio Tech Trends
Bring wireless music to every room with the MusicCast app for your smartphone or tablet, available on Google Play or the Apple Store. Access your entire audio library from anywhere in the house, and enjoy the sensation of your sound following you from room to room. Experience the next generation in music control.
Part of a Complete Home Theater
There’s more to MusicCast. Add another speaker, a receiver, or a soundbar, and control it all separately or together -- all up to you. It’s all controlled from a an intuitive, easy-to-use app. Enjoy the flexibility of having exactly what you music you want, where you want it, any time.
Make Your Highs Stand Out
Speakers are only as good as their drivers -- the part of the unit that produces sound. And with the NX-N500, Yamaha only uses the very best drivers. At its top is a 1” dome tweeter, perfectly sized and designed to handle the upper range of audio frequency. Enjoy fantastic treble dialog and the clarion call of horns.
Mica for Deeper Lows
Below that is an even more impressive 5” polymer-injected mica (A-PMD) woofer, of the kind used on Yamaha’s advanced Soave series. Enjoy the rich depth, complex honey-like resonance, and layering of Yamaha’s most advanced bass woofer yet.
A Bi-Amped Beauty
Powered speakers have an amp on board. The NX-N500 has two. Experience the difference discrete bi-amps provide -- a 45 watt amp to the woofer for rich deep bass, and a 25 watt one to the tweeter for crystal-clear highs. With two amps, each driver is individually driven -- all while providing a high signal-to-noise ratio.
A Sturdy, Soundproof CabinetOne of the key differences between good and bad speakers is the enclosure. Yamaha delivers with a thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) cabinet, built with resonance-deadening mitered-joint construction. Enjoy truly high-class sound out a truly high-class unit.
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- DLNA: Version 1.5
- File Format: DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 384 kHz / 32-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- AirPlay: Yes
- Version/Profile: Version 2.1 + EDR / A2DP
- Audio Codec: Yes (AAC)
- Type: Bi-amp, 2-way powered speaker
- Woofers: 5" cone
- Tweeter: 1" dome
- Frequency Response: 54 Hz - 40 kHz (-10 dB)
- Crossover Frequencies: 2 kHz
- Analog Audio Input: Yes
- Digital Audio Input: Optical: Yes
- USB: Yes (Type B)
- Ethernet: Yes
- Power Consumption: 45 W + 45 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.2 W (L-channel only)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): (Right speaker) 6-3/4" x 11-1/4" x 8-3/4", (Left speaker) 11/16" x 11 1/4" x 9 3/8"
- Weight (Right speaker): 12.6 lbs., (Left speaker) 13.8 lbs.