Introducing Yamaha’s completely and beautifully evolved new subwoofer. With a gentle curve in the front and piano black finish the unit has a beautiful appearance. But the beauty of this subwoofer goes beyond that. It offers clear bass sound produced by the Twisted Flare Port, a new Yamaha technology. Superior convenience allows easy operation using the front buttons, which are laid out diagonally.
Yamaha NS-SW300 Subwoofer Features:
New Twisted Flare Port Produces Clear and Tight Bass
- The all-new Twisted Flare Port takes advantage of extensive subwoofer development experience. Compared to a conventional port, the Twisted Flare Port reduces air turbulence noise, contributing to clear and accurate low frequency reproduction. The flared and gently twisted shape evenly diffuses the air flow through the port. From special effect sounds in movies to the atmosphere of a live venue, you hear bass that is clear, tight and realistic.
PWM Digital Drive High Efficiency Amplifier and Dual Feedback Circuit
- The built-in power amplifier delivers stable power output of 250 W with high efficiency while minimizing power consumption and heat production. It does not require an output filter coil, resulting in extremely low noise and distortion. High speed transient response is also excellent. The dual feedback circuit reduces distortion by applying feedback twice, resulting in higher sound clarity.
Advanced YST II for Awesome Deep Bass
- Developed by Yamaha, the Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II) combines negative-impedance and constant-current principles to drive the speaker cone with even tighter control than the previous version. Using advanced negative impedance converter (ANIC) circuits, this system dynamically optimizes effective speaker impedance to maintain excellent linearity. This means more stable and accurate low range response, not to mention higher sound quality.
10” Cone Woofer Unit with Square Wire
- A 10” large woofer unit is used in a front-firing configuration. The voice coil of the driver unit employs square wire with a wide surface area that can be wound more densely to obtain higher magnetic flux density. It delivers high drive force, permitting tight and deep bass reproduction.
Beautiful Design that Will Match a Wide Range of Speakers and Interiors
- In addition to the beautifully round shape of the front surface, panels on both sides to create an accent and a neat appearance, this subwoofer lets you imagine the strength of sound and matches a wide range of speaker systems.
Front Control Panel for Easy Operation
- The power and volume buttons, which are used most often, are laid out on the front surface of the unit for ease of access. It is inclined at an angle of 45°, making it easy to use even when placed on the floor. An LED indicator is above the power button, so even in a dimly lit room it's easy to tell if it's on or off.
System Control and Auto Standby
- The system control terminal can be linked to the amplifier power to automatically turn the power on and off. There is also an auto standby function, if no signal is input from the amplifier for a fixed period, it automatically switches to the standby state and when a signal from the amplifier is detected, power turns on automatically. This limits the wasteful consumption of electricity.
Other Notable Features
Low standby power consumption of 0.3 W
Auto standby switch / sensitivity selector (high, low and off)
Phase control (normal or reverse)
B.A.S.S. (Bass Action Selector System) switch
Yamaha NS-SW300 Subwoofer Specifications:
- Driver: 10” cone
- Output Power: 250 W
- Frequency Response: 20-160 Hz
- Advanced YST: Yes
- High-Efficiency Power Amplifier: Yes
- Twisted Flare Port: Yes
- BASS (Bass Action Selector System): Yes
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W
- System Connector: Yes
- Bass Action Selector Switch: Yes
- Phase Control: Yes
- Aluminum Front Panel: No
- Power and Volume Switch: Yes (front panel)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 13-3/4” x 14-3/8” x 16-1/2”
- Weight: 39.7 lbs.