With a sleek, modern design, the Yamaha NS-SW1000 Powered Subwoofer serves as a strong bass component and an excellent conversation piece. Given a clean, piano gloss black finish, this subwoofer stands out in strong audio and physical presence. A whopping 1,000 watts of power enables each listen a clean, compelling audio experience that's loud enough to shake the walls. And it's matched perfectly by the cabinet's dedication to reducing unwanted resonance, presenting a crystal-clear sound each time.
Yamaha NS-SW1000 Subwoofer Features:
- Built with a 12" woofer, for a supremely loud, clean audio response
- Add this to your existing sound system or home theater setup
- A sleek, beautiful cabinet design that matches modern decor
- Use the Auto Standby function to reduce power usage
Introducing the completely and beautifully evolved Yamaha premium subwoofer. Delivering uncompromised performance and preserving every detail, the NS-SW1000 adds dramatic richness to your audiophile grade audio system. Reminiscent of a Yamaha grand piano, the gloss black finish adds a touch of elegance to any living space.
Yamaha NS-SW1000 Powered Subwoofer Highlights:
- 1,000 watt digital power amplifier with a high current MOSFET discrete output stage
- Unique Twisted Flare Port produces clear and tight bass
- Three-way mitered construction joints
- Optimally designed semi-pressed paper cone with Kevlar fibers
- Yamaha Advanced YST II for accurate bass response
- Large 12" woofer with double magnet and double damper
- System control and auto standby
Yamaha NS-SW1000 Powered Subwoofer Features:
1,000 Watt Digital Power Amplifier with a High Current MOSFET Discrete Output Stage
- The NS-SW1000 is powered with a 1,000 watt digital amplifier featuring the all-new Yamaha DP200 digital amplifier IC and a high current MOSFET discrete push-pull output stage. Meticulous sound tuning includes the use of a luxurious triple-wound litz wire, high-capacity output coil and capacitors designed for high performance audio.
Unique Twisted Flare Port Produces Clear and Tight Bass
- The Twisted Flare Port takes advantage of extensive subwoofer development experience. The flared, gently twisting shape diffuses the vortex of air generated around the edge of the port, creating a smooth flow of air. This reduces extraneous noise not present in the original input signal and provides clear, accurate low frequency.
Built for Powerful, Accurate Sound Reproduction with an Innovative Cabinet Design
- Thanks to excellence in woodworking, Yamaha designed the cabinet of the NS-SW1000 with three-way mitered construction joints. This technique ensures extremely tight joints so the entire cabinet behaves as a single unit, providing tight, powerful and accurate bass reproduction. The cabinet employs a heavy bass reflex enclosure constructed of thick 36 mm MDF (medium-density fiberboard) on the baffle sides and 25 mm MDF on the other sides. The strong anti-resonant structure with cast-iron legs and a front-firing woofer deliver uncompromised sound perfect for any high-end audio system.
Optimally Designed Semi-pressed Paper Cone with Kevlar Fibers
- The specially designed woofer diaphragm is semi-pressed paper incorporating Kevlar fibers for strength and optimal internal losses. Developed specifically for this model for peak performance.
Yamaha Advanced YST II For Awesome Deep Bass
- For accurate bass response, the NS-SW1000 features Advanced Yamaha Active Servo Technology II. This proprietary technology dynamically compensates for the negative effects of speaker impedance to maintain excellent control and perfect linearity for superior sound quality.
Large 12" Woofer with Double Magnet and Double Damper
- To achieve long-stroke drive with its superior linearity, the NS-SW1000 uses a 12" woofer unit with a strong, flexible drive system employing two stacked large diameter ferrite magnets and a double damper with an air vent. The frame is high strength aluminum die cast to suppress unwanted resonance even at high volume, making it possible to reproduce delicate tonal nuances.
System Control and Auto Standby
- The system control terminal can be linked to the amplifier power to automatically turn the power on and off. There is also an Auto Standby Function: if no signal is input from the amplifier for a fixed period, it automatically switches to the standby state, and when a signal from the amplifier is detected, power turns on automatically.
Yamaha NS-SW1000 Powered Subwoofer Specifications:
- Driver: 12” cone
- Output Power: 1,000 W
- Frequency Response: 18–160 Hz
- Advanced YST: Advanced YST II
- Twisted Flare Port: Yes
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption: N0.3 W
- System Connector: Yes
- Bass Action Selector Switch: Yes
- Phase Control: Yes
- Aluminum Front Panel: Yes
- Power and Volume Switch: Yes (front panel)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-3/8” x 18-3/16” x 20-5/8”
- Weight: 90.4 lbs.