Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 Overview
Pack a punch to your home audio experience with the Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 and included wireless subwoofer. The BAR 400 comes with Yamaha’s wireless multi-room audio technology MusicCast built-in, so you can sync it with other MusicCast products. Wirelessly connect to your smart devices via Bluetooth, and MultiCast to other connected rooms. The Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 supports 4K Ultra HD TVs and makes for a truly immersive audio experience. Upgrade your home theater with breathtaking DTS Virtual:X surround sound. Outputting a whopping 200W of audio power through a minimalist design, the Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 can transform your room into a cinema.
- DTS Virtual:X provides 3D surround sound
- Amazon Alexa compatibility
- HDMI, digital audio and analog audio inputs
- Bluetooth and AirPlay compatible
- 4K pass-through technology
- 200W of total power through the soundbar and subwoofer
- MusicCast streaming and controller
- Built-in music streaming services
- Sound bar weight: 6lbs
- Subwoofer weight: 21lbs
- Sound bar dimensions (WxHxD): 38-5/8” x 2-3/8” x 4-3/8”
- Subwoofer dimensions (WxHxD): 7-1/8” x 16-3/8” x 16
- Warranty: 2 years (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Amazon Alexa Compatibility
“Alexa, ask MusicCast to play Jay-Z in the kitchen.” Yes, the Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 is fully compatible with Amazon Alexa devices — which means you can use simple voice commands to control the sound bar. Communicating to your soundbar has never been easier and the ability to control additional MusicCast speakers throughout your home is intuitive with the MusicCast BAR 400.
MusicCast Streaming and Multi-Room Audio
Looking for a way to play David Bowie in every room of your house? Communicating to your other MusicCast devices throughout your home is simple with the Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400. The soundbar seamlessly acts as a hub to stream your favorite tunes in additional rooms with high quality MusicCast audio.
Wireless connectivity to the subwoofer allows you to conveniently place your subwoofer without the hassle of messy wires. The subwoofer provides an extra 100W of power, allowing for a 200W surround sound experience that cannot be matched by your TV’s built in speakers.
Connect in More Ways
Supporting Wi-Fi, AirPlay, and Bluetooth, the MusicCast BAR 400 allows you to stream more music from your favorite devices. The MusicCast BAR 400 also comes with select music services built-in, which you can access through the included remote or via an Amazon Alexa enabled device.
- Center unit: Four 1 3/4" woofers, dual 1" tweeters
- Subwoofer: 6 1/2" cone woofer
- Output power: 200W total power: 100W + 100W subwoofer
- Power consumption
- Center unit: 30W
- Subwoofer: 19W
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Center unit: 38 5/8" x 2 3/8" x 4 3/8"
- Subwoofer: 7 1/8" x 16 3/8" x 16"
- Center unit: 6 lbs.
- Subwoofer: 21 lbs.
- HDMI: 1 In/1 Out
- Digital optical: 1 In
- Analog audio: 1 In
- 4K passthrough: Yes (50/60Hz YCbCr=4:4:4, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDCP 2.2
- 3D passthrough: Yes
- ARC: Yes
- CEC: Yes
- Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- Dolby Digital: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic II: Yes
- DTS Digital Surround: Yes
- File format: Mp3/WMA/Mpeg-4 AAC: Up to 48kHz/16-bit, ALAC: Up to 96kHz/24-bit, FLAC/WAV/AIFF: Up to 192kHZ/24-bit
- Wireless music streaming: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4/5GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth version: 4.2 + EDR/A2DP, AVRCP
- Bluetooth maximum communication range: 33 feet
- Wireless subwoofer: Yes
- App control: Yes
- Learning function: Yes
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- MusicCast BAR 400 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
Customer Reviews for Yamaha MusicCast BAR 400 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
The only small grip I have is the indicator lights are minimalist and on top so looking from the front of the sound bar there's no indication that it's on or what it's connected to. I guess depending if you hate lights distracting you while watching TV this could be great but how my setup is positioned it's a guess at the status of the sound bar while it's just sitting there.
All in all, I LOVE IT!