Yamaha CD-S300 Compact Disc Player
The Yamaha CD-S300 compact disc player from Yamaha offers high sound quality and easy operation. Along with special Yamaha features such as Pure Direct, Intelligent Digital Servo and iPod and USB compatibility, the CD-S300 is also MP3/WMA compatible.
Yamaha CD-S300 Compact Disc Player Features:
Designed to Deliver Enjoyable Sound Quality
- Inheriting many of the sound quality features of the S2000/S1000 Series components, the CD-S300 CD player delivers sound that will satisfy devoted music fans. In addition to CDs, it also provides high quality play of music files stored on digital audio players like iPod or USB memory devices via a USB port on the front panel.
- The CD-S300 offers Pure Direct, which is the same popular feature included in Yamaha amplifiers and receivers. By pressing the button on the front panel or on the remote control, it shuts down the digital audio output and turns off the display. This achieves the lowest possible noise interference and, therefore, the highest sound quality of the analog audio output.
Extremely Sophisticated Circuitry and Layout
- Yamaha technicians devoted a great deal of time and effort to designing the overall interior layout of parts and circuit boards, a factor that significantly affects sound quality. As a result, the power supplies for the motor drive, display and USB sections, as well as the digital, and analog sections are individually isolated, eliminating electromagnetic interference among them. To achieve ideal weight balance for stable performance, the drive mechanism is located in the center of the unit.
Short Signal Paths
- The highly logical and symmetrical internal layout of parts and circuit boards are designed to keep the signal paths on each board as short as possible. This purposeful design also keeps the paths between sections straight and short, minimizing the chance of signal loss or interference, something not easy to achieve.
Well Matched, High Quality Parts
- Each of the individual elements in a CD player influences the sound quality, Which is why Yamaha puts a great deal of effort into the selection and matching of parts and materials. A high-grade acoustic capacitor, a new lownoise, high-gain bandwidth op amp and the use of damping material under the transformer and around the signal cables are just a few examples of Yamaha’s commitment to great sound quality. In short, the CD-S300’s internal sophistication is on a level generally found on much more expensive models.
High Performance D/A Converter
- Utilizing a Burr Brown 192kHz/24-bit DAC, the high performance D/A conversion system takes full advantage of the digital technology refined by Yamaha over a period of many years, ensuring excellent conversion precision, S/N ratio and dynamic range.
Laser Pickup Floating Mechanism
- The laser pickup is isolated on a floating mechanism so its delicate operation cannot be affected by vibration.
Intelligent Digital Servo
- Conventional tracking servo circuitry cannot completely overcome errors caused by a warped disc, dust and other defects. This system uses a dependable DSP (Digital Signal Processor), exclusive for CDs, to monitor the signal, adjusting pickup tracking and focus, as well as spindle motor speed, to compensate for any problems.
Enjoy Your MP3 and WMA Music
- The USB port on the front panel gives you an easy way to enjoy high quality sound from MP3 or WMA digital music files stored on USB players and memory devices, as well as on memory cards mounted on USB card readers. You can also play files recorded on CD-R/RW discs.
Enjoy iPod Music at Maximum Quality
- Using a USB cable, you can plug your iPod into the USB port to enjoy your music library via your audio system. The digital signal is sent to the CD player with no degradation. It is then converted to analog by the high performance DAC and transmitted to the amplifier by the high quality audio circuitry, allowing you to hear your music at the highest possible quality level. As iPod or USB audio data input from the USB port can also be output by digital-out terminals (optical or coaxial), digital signals can be transmitted “as is” to amps or audio systems with digital inputs.* You can use the remote control to command the play, pause, skip and forward/ backward functions, and the song, artist and album names will displayed. Compatible iPods are the iPod classic (including 120GB classic), iPod nano (2nd Gen., 3rd Gen., 4th Gen.) and iPod touch (1st Gen. and 2nd Gen.). When the power is on and USB mode is selected, the iPod charges automatically. *When connected to the digital input of a recording device, copying is prohibited due to copy protection and recording cannot be done.
3-Mode CD Text Display
- Information about the currently playing CD is shown right on the CD player’s display. The 3-mode CD Text display shows the CD’s title, the artist’s name and the title of the track.
- It’s extremely easy to program the tracks you want to hear in any order. You can clear the program at any time with a single touch.
Other Notable Features:
- 10-key direct track and direct access
- Random play
- Repeat play (full/single)
- 3-mode time display
- 4 illumination levels
- Last track resume
- Auto ready mode
- Play mode memory
CD Text Display
- Get information about the CD currently playing right on the CD player’s display. The 3-mode text display shows the CD’s title, the artists name and the title of the track.
- This unit is equipped with a USB port that allows you to enjoy WAV (PCM format only), MP3 and WMA audio files from a USB memory device (USB flash drive).
Made for iPod
- The Made for iPod logo indicates that the product is equipped with the ability to connect your iPod to this product. With this feature you can listen to your music and operate the iPod via the product’s remote control while at the same time charging the battery on your iPod. Depending on your product’s specifications, some will allow you to use the On-Screen Display feature on your video monitor to navigate your music. Some products can even allow you to view your photos and movies from your iPod on your video monitor.
- Type: Single Disc CD Player
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R/RW (MP3, WMA), USB, iPod
- Output Level: 2 ± 0.3 V (1 kHz, 0 dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 96 dB
- Frequency Response: 2 Hz-20 kHz
- Output: Optical and Coaxial
- Power Consumption: 13 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 3-3/8" x 10-1/4"
- Weight: 7.72 lbs