CD-S1000 Natural Sound Super Audio CD Player
Yamaha's involvement with and passion for music goes back more than a century, to when we built our first reed organ in 1887. Now we are the world's leading producer of pianos and other musical instruments, and are involved with music in many other ways as well. We manufacture professional recording equipment, we design concert halls and we assist artists at concerts with set up and sound tuning. This knowledge and experience benefits our production of audio components in many ways. We introduced our first HiFi (High Fidelity) turntable in 1954, becoming the first company to actually use the term “HiFi.” Thereafter we were one of the first to offer mass-produced, high quality audio equipment, and introduced many legendary stereo components. We hope you enjoy the genuine HiFi experience of Yamaha Natural Sound.
DVD Players that support Super Audio CD use a technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original waveform of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range – some 64 times higher resolution then CD - Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just can’t hear on a normal CD.
- Designed, Built and Tuned for Truly Exceptional Music Reproduction Performance
- Differential D/A Converters
- High Precision CD Drive
- Fully Balanced Control Amp
- Four-Part Power Supply with Independent Structure
- Pure Direct Circuitry
- Specially Designed Feet
- Super Sound from Super Audio CDs
- Type: Single Disc CD Player
- Disc Compatibility: SACD, CD, CD-R/RW (MP3, WMA)
- Output Level: SACD / CD 2.0 +/ 0.3 V (1 kHz, 0 dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: SACD / CD 113 dB
- Harmonic Distortion: SACD / CD 0.002% (1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: SACD 105 dB, CD 100 dB
- Frequency Response: SACD 2 Hz-50 kHz (-3dB), CD 2 Hz-20 kHz
- Output: Optical and Coaxial
- Power Consumption: 30 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8” x 5-3/8” x 17-5/16”
- Weight: 33.1 lbs.
quality service great product
very good sound quality as entry level high end SACD player well worth it at a reasonble price.