- Yamaha-quality amplifier creates incredible audio performance
- Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology minimizes signal degradation for superior sound
- ESS SABRE ES9010K2M DAC offers superior sound with digital music files
Direct technology moves sound through shortest possible path
- CD Direct Amplification mode matches CD input signals for higher signal-to-noise ratio
- LED-lit rotary input selector and USB input
- Optical and coaxial digital media inputs
- 6 RCA audio inputs, including a moving-magnet (MM) input
- Bluetooth-ready with Yamaha YBA-11 adapter (sold separately)
- Subwoofer output & 2x RCA recording outputs
- Auto standby power management
- Dimensions: 17.13” W 6” H x 15.25” D
- Weight: 26.7 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
A Professional-Grade Amp
Ready to move on up with your amplification technology? Looking for a professional-grade amp for your home theater? Look no further than our Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier. The undisputed king of Yamaha’s home amp line, this baby plays everything from your vinyl collection to your film library -- to your high-resolution Direct Stream Digital (DSD) audio files. Make it the center of your entertainment system - only a Yamaha amplifier combines this level of audio performance and quality construction!
What’s in a Name?
Ever notice that so many rockers’ instruments are made by Yamaha? This is no coincidence. Specializing in providing professional-grade audio for generations, Yamaha makes some of the best instruments and sound systems on the planet. Now, with a high quality amplifier like A-S801, put some of that experience to work in your own stereo setup or home theater.
Your Entertainment Center’s Very Own Transformer
At its core, an amp is a wonder of modern electronics engineering, converting a small input circuit to a much larger output, rather like a highly miniaturized transformer. Experience superior Yamaha sound technology as the current goes from input to output in a straight, symmetrical current, courtesy of their Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology (ToP-ART) concept - welcome to the future of audio amplification.
Better Parts = Better Sound
If you were to open this amp up (please do not try at home!) you would notice Yamaha’s dedication to high-quality components. The power transformer, custom back capacitors, speaker relays, grounding relays, heat sinks, and other various parts that go into this wonder of techno-wizardry are top-of-the-line. Quality matters when it comes to sound, and Yamaha only selects the very best.
The Shortest Current for the Best Sound
In modern electronic circuitry, current passes through many “gates” -- and each gate the circuit passes through causes infinitesimal signal degradation. This is what causes distortion in the sound output. The A-S801’s Pure Direct Mode solves this. By having sound signals bypass the buffer amp, tone, and loudness and balance controls, the signal doesn’t degrade, and distortion is nipped in the bud.
Make Your Music Loud -- Or Soft
Looking for greater control over your signal? With its new continuously variable loudness control, the A-S801 allows you to manually control your music’s balance of high and low frequencies. By compensating for natural loss in the human ear, especially at soft levels, this control gives you full control over your music’s tonal range -- at any volume level.
Connection Options Galore
Easily stream sound from your TV and/or blu-ray players with the A-S801’s included optical-digital coaxial terminal. Play your hi-res DSD files in stunning clarity and detail courtesy its amazing 32-bit SABRE digital-analog converter. Or go analog with its included moving-magnet (MM) phono terminal for all your best vinyl. Deepen your bass with its dedicated subwoofer terminal. Simply plug in Yamaha’s optional Bluetooth adapter (sold separately) and connect your devices wirelessly.
More Versatile than Ever
Ever wanted to listen to two different songs in two different rooms at the same time? Now you can. WIth four gold-plated speaker terminals for a high-quality loss-preventing connection, hook up a full 4-channel surround sound system in one room -- or hook up two separate speaker systems in two different rooms, with a different song in each one. Simply put, you can do more with this amp than you ever thought possible.
Experience the cleanly minimalist beauty of Yamaha hi-fi design with with the A-S801. Its easy-to-operate, richly-textured aluminum front panel, with a silver hairline finish, contrasts elegantly with the cool black body. Plus, this care and attention to detail comes through on the included remote. Intuitive operation is at your fingertips.
- Minimum RMS output power (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz): 100W + 100W (0.019% THD)
- High dynamic power/channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 140/170/220/290W
- Damping factor: 240
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 100kHz +/- 1.0dB
- Total harmonic distortion (CD to Sp out, 20Hz - 20kHz): 0.019% (50W/8 ohms)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (CD): 99dB (input shorted, 200mV)
- Audio In/Out: 8/2
- Digital input: Yes (optical/coaxial)
- USB input: Yes (type B)
- Subwoofer out
- DC out
- Pure Direct
- Switchable CD direct amplification
- Standby power consumption: 0.5W
- Power management
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 6" x 15 1/4"
- Weight: 26.7 lbs.