Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier
Enjoy USB DAC functionality coupled with high fidelity. ToP-ART circuitry, Pure Direct, refined construction and stunningly good looks offer superior musicality with rich, natural sound.
Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier Highlights:
- 100 W x 2-ch (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- USB DAC function supports native DSD resolutions (2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz) and PCM (384 kHz / 32-bit)
- Digital signal indicator shows DSD and PCM playback formats and sampling frequencies
- High efficiency ESS Technology 32-bit DAC (ES9010K2M)
- Digital audio inputs for TV or Blu-ray Disc player
- CD Direct Amplification and Pure Direct
- High strength chassis with double-bottom design for excellent dampening of vibrations
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and high quality parts
- I/O (input to output) direct symmetrical design
- ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base
- Custom made power transformer / 12,000 µF block capacitors / extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Gold plated speaker terminals and RCA terminals
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
Yamaha A-S801 Integrated Amplifier Features:
High Strength Chassis Contributes to High Density Sound and Pure Audio Reproduction
- In order to effectively dampen the vibrations that have adverse effects on sound quality, the A-S801 chassis has a double bottom design with a 1 mm iron plate. In addition, the power transformer and heat sinks in the power amp section are supported by an extremely strong and stable ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) base. A solid center bar further enhances high rigidity and dampens vibrations. These Yamaha design innovations contribute to superior signal to noise ratio with rich, natural sound reproduction.
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
- Notice a custom made power transformer, custom made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one point grounding system, extruded aluminum heat sinks and other top quality parts to effortlessly handle demanding audio conditions. The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of this component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested for their sound properties.
USB DAC Function Supports Native DSD (2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz) and PCM (384 kHz / 32-bit) Resolutions
- The USB DAC function supports native DSD (2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz) and PCM (384 kHz / 32-bit*) resolutions. This function allows for a direct connection to PCs which opens the door to play back of the highest resolution audio content offered today. The Yamaha-developed USB device controller has its own master clock that eliminates PC jitter. The driver is a low loss, high throughput ASIO 2.3 Yamaha Steinberg USB driver. During playback, indicators on the front panel clearly show which sampling frequencies are currently being used.
Exceptionally High Performance 32-bit D/A Converter
- After careful listening evaluations, Yamaha selected the 32-bit, 2-channel SABRE Premier Audio DAC from ESS Technology, Inc. Most notable is its high precision processing power of 32-bit audio along with the ability to handle large amounts of audio data with full PCM 384 kHz and native DSD 5.6 MHz. Since the built-in D/A converter generates its own master clock, an original jitter elimination function is also included, permitting D/A conversion with an extremely low impact of clock jitter. Moreover, a 2-channel D/A converter is housed inside the chip which applies a double differential operation. The result is exceptional high performance and high quality signal output with a superior signal to noise ratio.
Digital Audio Input for TV and/or Blu-ray Disc Player
- The A-S801 is equipped for digital audio inputs with an optical and digital coaxial input terminal. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain giving you pure, pristine and dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources
CD Direct Amplification and Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- With a straight connection to the CD input, CD Direct Amplification maximizes the CD sources signal-to-noise ratio. Additionally, engaging the Pure Direct mode causes the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp, the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
Continuous Variable Loudness Control
- The A-S801 also features a new analog loudness control on the front panel that uses electronic volume for higher sound quality which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low and high frequencies providing full tonal range at any volume level by compensating for the natural loss in the human ear at soft levels.
Gold Plated Terminals
- Gold plated terminals ensure a high quality connection that prevents signal loss. The A-S801 has gold plated speaker and input terminals.
- A terminal for connecting a subwoofer is provided, allowing you to increase the bass output of your system for a more powerful sound with better overall sound quality.
Remote Control with Clean, Simple Design
- The clean, simple design of the remote control provides easy to understand “one handed” operation. The design makes it simple to adjust inputs, volumes and more. The unit has a sophisticated looking hairline finish that matches the design of the amplifiers. You can also use the remote to control a Yamaha CD player.