- High performance, Yamaha-quality amplifier
- Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology included
- Minimizes signal degradation for superior sound
- Pure Direct technology moves sound through shortest possible path for sound quality
- LED-lit rotary input selector
- Optical and coaxial digital media inputs
- 6 RCA audio inputs, including a moving-magnet (MM) input
- Bluetooth-ready with Yamaha YBA-11 adapter (sold separately)
- Subwoofer output
- 2x RCA recording outputs
- 2x gold-plated binding-post speaker connection pairs
- 0.25” headphone jack
- Remote control
- Auto standby power management
- Dimensions: 17.13” W 6” H x 15.25” D
- Weight: 22.7 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Does the Perfect Amp Exist?
Have a lot of home audio/theater devices? Tired of making a mess cross-wiring? Time to unify all those parts into a home stereo or home theater? Consider the Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier. Boasting professional-grade Yamaha circuitry and inputs and outputs for your entire audio/video collection, plus timeless design, it’s sure to sit at the center of your entertainment center.
What’s in a Name?
Ever notice that so many rockers’ instruments are made by Yamaha? This is no coincidence. Specializing in providing professional-grade audio for generations, Yamaha makes some of the best instruments and sound systems on the planet. Now, with the A-S501, put some of that experience to work in your own stereo setup or home theater.
Your Entertainment Center’s Very Own Transformer
At its core, an amp is a wonder of modern electronics engineering, converting a small input circuit to a much larger output one, rather like a highly miniaturized transformer. Experience superior Yamaha sound technology as the current goes from input to output in a straight, symmetrical current, courtesy their Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology (ToP-ART) concept. Only a Yamaha Integrated Amplifier can provide this type of advanced tech for your audio needs!
Better Quality Parts for Better Sound
If you were to open this amp up (please do not try at home!) you would notice Yamaha’s dedication to high-quality components. The power transformer, custom back capacitors, speaker relays, grounding relays, heat sinks, and other various parts that go into this wonder of techno-wizardry are top-of-the-line. Quality matters when it comes to sound, and Yamaha only selects the very best.
The Shortest Current for the Best Sound
In modern electronic circuitry, current passes through many “gates” -- and each gate the circuit passes through causes infinitesimal signal degradation. This is what causes distortion in the sound output. The A-S501’s Pure Direct Mode solves this. By having sound signals bypass the buffer amp, tone, and loudness and balance controls, the signal doesn’t degrade, and distortion is nipped in the bud.
Make Your Music Loud -- Or Soft
Looking for greater control over your signal? With its new continuously variable loudness control, the A-S501 allows you to manually control your music’s balance of high and low frequencies. By compensating for natural loss in the human ear, especially at soft levels, this control gives you full control over your music’s tonal range -- at any volume level.
Connection Option Galore
Easily stream sound from your TV and/or blu-ray players with the A-S501’s included optical-digital coaxial terminal. Or go analog with its included moving-magnet (MM) phono terminal for all your best vinyl. Deepen your bass with its dedicated subwoofer terminal. Or plug in Yamaha’s optional Bluetooth adapter (sold separately) and connect your devices wirelessly.
Ever wanted to listen to two different songs in two different rooms at the same time? Now you can. With four gold-plated speaker terminals for a high-quality loss-preventing connection, hook up a full 4-channel surround sound system in one room -- or hook up two separate speaker systems in two different rooms, with a different song in each one. Do more with this amp than you ever thought possible.
Experience the cleanly minimalist beauty of Yamaha hi-fi design with with the A-S501. Its easy-to-operate, richly-textured aluminum front panel, with a silver hairline finish, contrasts elegantly with the cool black body. Plus, this care and attention to detail comes through on the included remote. Intuitive operation is at your fingertips.
- Minimum RMS Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 85 W + 85 W (0.019% THD)
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 130 / 150 / 185 / 220 W
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz -100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 0.019% (50 W / 8 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 99 dB (input shorted, 200 mV)
- Damping Factor: 240
- Digital Input: Yes (optical / coaxial)
- Audio In / Out: 8 / 2
- Subwoofer Out: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- ToP-ART: Yes
- DC out: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Power Management (Auto Power Standby): Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
- Weight: 22.7 lbs.
Customer Reviews for Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier
it's also very easy to use and the remote is a good and easy to operate.
1 year ago
1 year ago
over 3 years ago