A-S501 Integrated Amplifier
Impressive high quality sound with a wide range of features and an elegant appearance. An integrated amplifier with the advantage of digital inputs.
- 85 W x 2-ch (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Digital audio inputs for TV and Blu-ray Disc player
- Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and high quality parts
- I/O (input to output) direct symmetrical design
- ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base
- Custom-made power transformer / 12,000uF block capacitors / extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA terminals
- Simple yet sophisticated design (aluminum front panel and knobs)
- Continuously variable loudness control
High Quality Circuit Design Based on the ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) Concept
- The amplifier design technology from Yamaha is called ToP-ART which features an input to output with a direct symmetrical design. ToP-ART design and ART Base ensure optimum sound when processing and transmitting the audio signal. The signal is simple and direct, therefore it is less likely to be affected by noise and distortion. The left and right channels are organized in a straight, symmetrical layout for the highest signal purity. In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid center bar provide high rigidity support and dampers vibration. These design innovations contribute to this amplifier's rich audio reproduction with abundant musicality.
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
- Notice the custom made power transformer, custom made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one point grounding system, extruded aluminum heat sinks and other top quality parts to effortlessly handle demanding audio conditions. The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of this component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested for their sound properties.
Created by Rich Experience, Tradition and High Technological Expertise
- Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for Hi-Fi components. The A-S501 is created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound” for reproducing all music as it really sounds, this amplifier is built with scrupulous care from its circuit design to basic sound production.
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- The Pure Direct mode causes the audio signal to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp, the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- The A-S501 also features a new analog loudness control on the front panel that uses electronic volume for higher sound quality which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low and high frequencies providing full tonal range at any volume level by compensating for the natural loss in the human ear at soft levels.
Gold Plated Terminals
- Gold plated terminals ensure a high quality connection that prevents signal loss. The A-S501 has gold plated speaker and input terminals.
Connection for YBA-11 Bluetooth® Wireless Adapter (Optional Accessory)
- With the YBA-11, you’ll be able to stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth® compatible mobile phone or a PC. Thanks to the digital coaxial connection and the aptX® audio coding algorithm, you will enjoy wireless music streaming with optimum sound quality. You can also conveniently power the YBA-11 via the DC out connection on the rear panel of this amplifier.
Speaker A, B or A+B Selection and Speaker Terminals for Two Systems
- You can connect two separate speaker systems and hear them in different rooms at the same time. There are four terminals, so by just rotating a simple selector dial you can switch between the two pairs of speakers to play the selected source.
- A terminal for connecting a subwoofer is provided, allowing you to increase the bass output of your system for a more powerful sound with better overall sound quality.
Rotary Encoder Input Selector with LEDs
- The rotary encoder makes it quick and easy to select input sources. The luxurious hairline finish offers a nice tactile feeling. LEDs clearly show which source is selected so you can easily switch sources, even in a dark room.
- Minimum RMS Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 85 W + 85 W (0.019% THD)
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 130 / 150 / 185 / 220 W
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz -100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 0.019% (50 W / 8 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 99 dB (input shorted, 200 mV)
- Damping Factor: 240
- Digital Input: Yes (optical / coaxial)
- Audio In / Out: 8 / 2
- Subwoofer Out: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- ToP-ART: Yes
- DC out: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Power Management (Auto Power Standby): Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"
- Weight: 22.7 lbs.