A-S2100 Integrated Amplifier
This high-grade integrated amplifier has inherited the natural sound of Yamaha in the pursuit of rich musicality. Advanced original amplifier circuitry and elimination of signal loss has resulted in a truly dynamic, affecting sound.
- Floating and balanced power amplifier with MOSFETs
- All-stage fully discrete construction, balanced transmission and low impedance design
- Superior quality electronic volume control for optimum sound
- Large capacity power supply unit delivers energetic, dynamic sound with fast response
- Symmetrical design in pursuit of ideal stereo reproduction
- Discretely configured phono amp
- Headphone amp with fully discrete configuration
- Level meters visually reflect the dynamics in the music
- Elegant design with luxurious real wood panels
- Original speaker terminals combine ease of use and beauty with high sound quality
Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier with MOSFETs
- The basic design of the power amp circuit adopts Yamaha’s own uniquely developed floating and balanced power amplifier technology. Adopting output elements with the same polarity on the plus and minus sides of the output stage, and also completely separating the NFB (negative feedback) circuit and power supply into a total of four plus and minus sides of the left and right channels, results in thoroughly symmetric push-pull operation of the output stage. Completely floating the entire power amp circuit from the ground removes any negative impact of minute voltage fluctuations or ground noise. Moreover, the output elements are comprised of MOSFETs, which provide a warm and natural sonic character. The use of MOSFETs, which have the same polarity on the plus and minus sides, further evolves the ideal of a complete symmetrical design by eliminating sound quality variations due to difference in polarity — a major distinguishing characteristic of the floating and balanced power amplifier — resulting in sound with a superior signal-to-noise ratio and superbly well-defined sound field.
All-stage Fully Discrete Construction, Balanced Transmission and Low Impedance Design
- The A-S2100 has achieved a fully discrete configuration during tone defeat by thoroughly separating the tone control circuit from the signal system. This not only increases response, but also improves slew rate and results in high range reproduction of greater vitality, richness and smoothness. Signal transmission and amplification features fully balanced transmission for thoroughly balanced operation, even of the control system circuitry. Signal loss through transmission has been significantly reduced through the application of screw clamp connections and thick cables between the preamp and power amp units. This is vital for signal transmission between the power amp units and the power step to the speaker terminals. This improves the damping factor and improves driver capacity and damping power of the speaker, resulting in vibrant and powerful bass reproduction.
Superior Quality Electronic Volume Control for Optimum Sound
- They’ve utilized a high-quality digital volume control, specially designed by New Japan Radio Co., Ltd., which consists only of ladder-type resistance, removing the impact of slew rate decline or coloring of the sound, delivering higher purity in the sound and excellent, fast response to large volume changes and steep transients. Moreover, the tone controls employ a triple-parallel method, minimizing the detrimental impact on sound quality seen with straight-line tone controls. In addition, the bass, treble and common circuits each utilize simple construction in which the NFB of the amp is not used and the CR elements are simply fixed in a straight line. This ensures exceptionally pure sound reproduction, even when tone control is applied and super response to audio signal transients. When tone defeat is applied, straight signal flow from only one volume circuit to a discrete configuration buffer amp is realized.
Large Capacity Power Supply Unit Delivers Energetic, Dynamic Sound with Fast Response
- The A-S2100 employs an original EI transformer, carefully customized for optimum compatibility with the chassis. Combining four large capacity carbon sheath block capacitors delivers an energetic sound — even during high volume — that is possible with the A-S2100. Moreover, since the control amp and control system is equipped with 12 shunt-type local regulators that prevent deterioration caused by currency fluctuation, a clean and stable power supply is achieved. The EI transformer is mounted on the chassis using a brass washer, restricting internal vibration that would result in noise.
Symmetrical Design in Pursuit of Ideal Stereo Reproduction
- The left-right symmetrical construction, with the power supply in the center and the power amp blocks on the ends, achieves greater separation of the left and right channels — necessary for proper two-channel stereo reproduction — and ideal weight balance. Fine tuning by a center frame, which extends from the front to the back of the casing and specially made metal legs (selectable as spike or pad), gives the A-S2100 superb mechanical rigidity and installation stability that dramatically lessens the impact of external vibrations on sound quality.
Discretely Configured Phono Amp
- The phono amp is comprised of an MC head amp and an equalizer amp, each of which are discretely configured, resulting in a rich sound with pronounced musicality when playing vinyl records with both MC and MM phono cartridges.
Headphone Amp with Fully Discrete Configuration
- The headphone amp is also equipped with fully discrete configuration for preeminent drivability and damping properties. Included, as well, is a specialized level trimmer that responds to various load impedances. The superior quality sound that only the A-S2100 can attain is yours to enjoy, even when listening on headphones.
Level Meters Visually Reflect the Dynamics in the Music
- The center of the main unit features level meters that provide visual enjoyment of the music as well, with the rapid and delicate movement of the needles. The meter is illuminated softly from inside by LED, giving a warm, beautiful lamplight look. The meter indicators can, along with VU display, be switched to peak display and can be selected according to your preferences. The window of the meters has been precision-fit to the panel — completely flat, with no gaps — for an elegantly beautiful appearance.
Elegant Design with Luxurious Real Wood Panels
- The refined design and construction of the A-S2100 reflects Yamaha’s commitment to fine craftsmanship and art, uniquely drawing on its long experience as a world-class musical instrument maker. The metal front panel and the side wood panels have been beautifully integrated by the masterful use of advanced processing technology. Moreover, the dials and tone controls are machined aluminum knobs for a richly textured finish and graceful touch.
Original Speaker Terminals Combine Ease of Use and Beauty with High Sound Quality
- Their meticulous obsession with quality continues through to the speaker terminals, which are the last and crucial link in the audio chain. Screw-type terminals, with originally designed handles created by cutting pure brass, enable a secure connection with no reduction in sound quality. Contoured to the shape of human fingers, they not only look beautiful, but can be turned easily and fastened tightly with minimal effort. They are also compatible with connections using banana plugs.
Insulators Allow Use of Spikes or Pads
- The insulators are crucial parts that block outside vibrations. They adopt Yamaha’s original metal legs in order to maximize vibration and control performance. The user can select point installation by applying the supplied spikes or plane insulation with the supplied pads and use these combined with an interlocking rack if desired.
Remote Control with Simple Design and Superior Texture
- The supplied remote control features a design complementary to the aluminum panel of the amplifier itself, with a simple, easy-to-understand button layout and gorgeous metallic texture. In addition to the basic volume adjustment and input switching controls of the A-S2100, it can also be used for operation of the companion CD-S2100.
- Maximum Power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe): 160 W + 160 W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 105 / 135 / 190 / 220 W
- Damping Factor: 250
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz – kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- RIAA Equalization Deviation: 20 Hz-20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz): 0.025%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD): 103 dB (S: 200 mV)
- Input Sensitivity (CD): 200 mV / 47k ohms
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6-1/8" x 18-1/4"
- Weight: 51.6 lbs.