- Yamaha-quality high-performance amplifier
- Floating balanced power amplifier
- Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology (ToP-ART) minimizes signal degradation for superior sound
- Pure Direct technology moves sound through the shortest possible path for hgh end sound quality
- CD Direct Amplification mode matches CD input signals for higher signal-to-noise ratio
- LED-lit rotary input selector
- 6 RCA audio inputs, including a moving-magnet (MM) input
- Bluetooth-ready with Yamaha YBA-11 adapter (sold separately)
- Subwoofer output
- 2x RCA recording outputs
- 0.25” headphone jack
- Remote control
- Auto standby power management
- Dimensions: 17.13” x W 5.38” H x 18.31” D
- Weight: 48.5 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
An Amp for Professionals
Looking for a professional-grade amplifier? Want to appreciate every rich, lush detail in your music collection? Now you can with our Yamaha A-S1000 Natural Sound Stereo Amplifier. Built from the very best components, this is a perfect centerpiece for your stereo system -- the intersection of power and luxury is here. Only a Yamaha integrated amplifier can create this level of sound performance!
What’s in a Name?
Ever notice that so many rockers’ instruments are made by Yamaha? This is no coincidence. Specializing in providing professional-grade audio for generations, Yamaha makes some of the best instruments and sound systems on the planet. Now, with the powerful AS1000 amplifier, put some of that experience to work in your own stereo setup or home theater.
Your Entertainment Center’s Very Own Transformer
At its core, an amp is a wonder of modern electronics engineering, converting a small input circuit to a much larger output one, rather like a highly miniaturized transformer. Experience superior Yamaha sound technology as the current goes from input to output in a straight, symmetrical current, courtesy their Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology (ToP-ART) concept.
Better Parts = Better Sound
If you were to open this amp up (please do not try at home!) you would notice Yamaha’s dedication to high-quality components. The power transformer, custom back capacitors, speaker relays, grounding relays, heat sinks, and other various parts that go into this wonder of techno-wizardry are top-of-the-line. Quality matters when it comes to sound, and Yamaha only selects the very best.
The Shortest Current for the Best Sound
In modern electronic circuitry, current passes through many “gates” -- and each gate the circuit passes through causes infinitesimal signal degradation. This is what causes distortion in the sound output. The A-S1000’s Pure Direct Mode solves this. By having sound signals bypass the buffer amp, tone, and loudness and balance controls, the signal doesn’t degrade, and distortion is nipped in the bud. Only a Yamaha integrated amplifier provides this level of technological superiority!
Perfect Volume Control
Looking for greater control over your signal? With its new continuously variable loudness control, the A-S1000 allows you to manually control your music’s balance of high and low frequencies. By compensating for natural loss in the human ear, especially at soft levels, this control gives you full control over your music’s tonal range -- at any volume level.
Endless Connection Options
Go analog with its included moving-magnet (MM) phono terminal for all your best vinyl. Deepen your bass with its dedicated subwoofer terminal. Or plug in Yamaha’s optional Bluetooth adapter (sold separately) and connect your devices wirelessly.
Ever wanted to listen to two different songs in two different rooms at the same time? Now you can. WIth four gold-plated speaker terminals for a high-quality loss-preventing connection, hook up a full 4-channel surround sound system in one room -- or hook up two separate speaker systems in two different rooms, with a different song in each one. Simply put, you can do more with this amp than you ever thought possible.
Experience the cleanly minimalist beauty of Yamaha hi-fi design with the A-S1000. Its easy-to-operate, richly-textured aluminum front panel, with a silver hairline finish, contrasts elegantly with the cool black body. Plus, this care and attention to detail comes through on the included remote. Intuitive operation is at your fingertips.
- Maximum Power: (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD) 115 W + 115 W / (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD) 190 W + 190 W
- Minimum RMS Output Power: (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.02% THD) 90 W + 90 W / (4 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.02% THD) 140 W + 140 W
- Dynamic Power/Channel: (8 / 6 / 4 / 2 ohms) 105 / 135 / 190 / 220 W
- Damping Factor: (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz) 160
- Input Sensitivity/ Impedance: CD 150 mV / 47 kilohm, Phono MM 2.5 mV / 47 kilohm, Phono MC 100 uV / 50 ohms, Main in 1 V / 47 kilohm
- Frequency Response: CD, etc. to speaker out, Flat position 5 Hz-100 kHz +0 dB / -3 dB, CD, etc. to speaker out, Flat position 20 Hz-20 kHz +0 dB / -0.3 dB
- RIAA Equalization Deviation: Phono MM (20 Hz-20 kHz) 0.5 dB / Phono MC (20 Hz-20 kHz) 0.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz20 kHz): CD, etc. to speaker out 0.015% (90 W / 8 ohms), Phono MM to rec out 0.005% (2 V), Phono MC to rec out 0.05% (2 V)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio [IHF-A Network]: CD, etc., (150 mV, Input Shorted) 98 dB, Phono MM (5 mV, Input Shorted) 93 dB, Phono MC (500 uV, Input Shorted) 85 dB
- Residual Noise: CD, etc., IHF-A-Network
- Channel Separation (1 kHz/10 kHz): CD, etc., Input 5.1 kilohm Terminaled 74 dB / 54 dB, Phono MM, Input Shorted, Vol: -30 dB 90 dB / 77 dB, Phono MC, Input Shorted, Vol: -30 dB 66 dB / 65 dB
- Tone Control Characteristics: Bass Boost / Cut (at 50 Hz) 9 dB, Bass Turnover Frequency 350 Hz, Treble Boost / Cut (at 20 Hz) 9 dB, Treble Turnover Frequency 3.5 kHz
- Audio Muting: -20 dB (approx.)
- Load Impedance: If you use two sets (A and B), the impedance of each speaker must be 8 ohms or higher.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8 x 5-3/8 x 18-5/16
- Weight: 48.5 lbs.