The McIntosh Labs XCS2K Reference Center Channel Loudspeaker is the next best thing to standing onstage with your favorite rock star. Designed to go above and beyond the duties of a center channel, this versatile speaker can be used as a left, right, or surround component. Each midrange driver is 2" in diameter, and the metal cone woofers can produce a bass down to 16Hz with ease. You have to hear it to believe it.
The XCS2K has three sets of gold-plated input connectors, to allow bi-amping, tri-amping and wiring. Not limited to center channel applications, the XCS2K can be used as a front left/right or surround speakers. A tilting base stand is designed for flexibility of installation, and also reduces excess floor and ceiling reflections.
McIntosh Labs XCS2K Center Loudspeaker Features:
- TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS: These dome drivers have titanium diaphragms with frequency response to 45kHz. Their small size is ideal fro producing a wide angle stereo sound image.
- INVERTED DOME MIDRANGES: Each midrange driver is 2” in diameter with a titanium inverted dome. Titanium has great rigidity resulting in smoother uncolored reproduction throughout the critical mid frequencies.
- ALUMINUM CONE WOOFERS: These metal cone woofers produce powerful bass down to 16Hz without any trace of “chestyness.” The resulting increase in clarity is easily noticed with piano and voice.
- THREE SETS OF INPUT: Three sets of massive gold plated input connectors make Bi and Tri-amping and Bi and Tri-wiring a snap.
- ARCED MID-TWEETER-MID DESIGN: Placing a row of tweeters between two rows of midranges in an arc yields wide dispersion in all directions. This design projects a wide image and deep sound stage throughout the listening room. The sealed aluminum cabinet allows the system to be located close to a rear wall without bass “boom.”
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
- 2,000 Watts of Rated Power
- Bi/Tri-wire and Bi/Tri Amp Capability
- Tilting Base Cradle
- Massive Overload-Proof Crossover
- Aluminum Enclosure Core
- Titanium Tweeters for Response to 45kHz
- High Gloss Piano Black Finish
- Three 12” Metal-cone Woofers
- Thirty-two 2” Dome Midranges
- Twenty 3/4” Dome Tweeters
McIntosh Labs XCS2K Center Loudspeaker Specifications:
- IMPEDANCE NOMINAL: 8 Ohms
- POWER RATING: 2000 Watts
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 16Hz to 45kHz
- SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL, 2.8V/1M: 86dB
- CROSSOVER: 250Hz , 1.5kHz
- NUMBER OF WOOFERS: 3
- WOOFER SIZE: 12"
- WOOFER TYPE: Aluminum Long Throw
- NUMBER OF MIDRANGES: 32
- MIDRANGE SIZE: 2"
- MIDRANGE TYPE: Inverted Titanium Dome
- NUMBER OF TWEETERS: 20
- TWEETER SIZE: 3/4"
- TWEETER TYPE: Titanium Dome
- SYSTEM TYPE: Sealed Arc Array, 3-Way
- GRILLE: Black knit cloth
- AVAILABLE FINISHES: Piano Black
Weights & Dimensions:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 42-1/4" (107.3cm) x 23-3/8" (59.37cm) (including feet) x 26-3/4" (67.95cm)
- WEIGHT: 294 lbs (133.4 kg)