The top of the line amplifier, from the legendary audio company - Wadia's a340 Digital Mono Power Amplifier is the answer you've been looking for. With 400 watts at 8 ohms or 500 watts at 4 ohms into a single channel, you can expect a clearer audio quality with noise reduction. It uses Frequency Switching Transmission, Signal Surveyor, and IO Symmetry, all exclusive to Wadia's product line, to ensure the best possible audio output for your high-end system.
The Wadia a340 digital mono amplifier provides 400 watts at 8 ohms or 500 watts at 4 ohms into a single channel. It shares the same sleek, modern industrial design as the 321 decoding computer, making a pair of a340s a perfect choice to use with the 321 to build your audio system.
Due to their electronic switching design, Wadia’s new generation of amplifiers - including the a340 - are able to deliver massive amounts of power directly to your speakers with very little energy wasted in heat generation and dissipation. The large cooling fins or noisy fans often found in other high power amplifiers are no longer necessary. The result is a greener, compact and energy efficient amplifier.
The a340 includes the latest technology from Wadia. It features a comprehensive balanced signal design from input through output stage known as IO Symmetry that provides total system differential pairing - resulting in increased audio quality and noise reduction. Frequency Switching Transmission (FST) is an adaptive modulation design that reduces distortion at any power level over the entire audio spectrum. Utilizing a feedback technique, it makes real time micro-adjustments to the switching carrier frequency to improve linearity, thereby significantly reducing audio distortion. The higher the amplifier’s power output, the greater observed reduction in distortion. To protect your speakers, Signal Surveyor monitors the output signal and stops amplification if unsafe levels of DC voltage are detected.
Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are available for connecting your other system components; balanced and unbalanced outputs are also included for ease of connecting bi-amp configurations. Specially designed 5-way binding posts will securely hold your speaker wire; they are designed for easy finger tightening and come with a special tool if even more snug connections are desired. A trigger input and output makes it simple to control the power state of your entire system when the a340 is turned on/off.
Wadia a340 Power Amplifier Specifications:
- POWER OUTPUT:
- 400 watts into 8 ohm loads
- 500 watts into 4 ohm loads
- OUTPUT LOAD IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms or 4 ohms
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION:
- 1% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to one-half of rated power output, 20Hz to 20kHz;
- 5% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from one-half to full rated power output, 20Hz to 20kHz
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM:
- 7dB 8 ohm load
- 7dB 4 ohm load
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 70kHz
- INPUT SENSITIVITY:
- 4V Balanced
- 2V Unbalanced
- A-WEIGHTED SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO:
- 90dB (116dB below rated output) Balanced
- 87dB (113dB below rated output) Unbalanced
- INTERMODULATION DISTORTION: 0.1% maximum if instantaneous peak power output does not exceed the rated output for any combination of frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz
- WIDE BAND DAMPING FACTOR:
- Greater than 320, 8 ohm load
- Greater than 160, 4 ohm load
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10K ohms Balanced and Unbalanced
- VOLTAGE GAIN: 29dB
- TRIGGER INPUT: 5-15VDC, <1mA
- TRIGGER OUTPUT: 12VDC, 50mA maximum, delayed 0.2 seconds
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS:
- Width 17-7/8 inches (45.4 cm)
- Height 3-3/8 inches (8.6 cm) including feet
- Depth 20 inches (50.8 cm) including cables
- WEIGHT: 26.5 pounds (12 kg)