Add the extra juice to your current modern speaker system with the Wadia a315 Digital Stereo Amplifier. This mid-level power amplifier provides 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms or 250 watts per channel at 4 ohms, which is a valuable addition to any system. Plus, it features Signal Surveyor technology to help protect the system from over-voltage, and Frequency Switching Transmission that pushes throughout the entire audio spectrum.
The Wadia a315 digital stereo amplifier provides 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms or 250 watts per channel at 4 ohms. It shares the same sleek, modern industrial design as the 321 decoding computer, making it a perfect amp to use with the 321. Both will blend nicely with virtually any room styling.
Along with all of Wadia’s new generation amplifiers, the a315 is able to deliver massive amounts of power directly to your speakers with very little energy wasted in heat dissipation thanks to its electronic switching design. Large cooling fins or noisy fans often found in other high power amplifiers are no longer needed. The result is a greener, compact and energy efficient amplifier.
The a315 features some of the latest technology from Wadia. Frequency Switching Transmission (FST), an adaptive modulation design, reduces distortion at any power level over the entire audio spectrum. Using a feedback technique, it makes real time micro-adjustments to the switching carrier frequency to improve linearity, thereby significantly reducing audio distortion. The higher the amplifier’s power output, the greater observed reduction in distortion. Signal Surveyor monitors the output signal and stops amplification if unsafe levels of DC voltage are detected, thus protecting your speakers.
Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are available for connecting your other system components. Specially designed 5-way binding posts will securely hold your speaker wire; they are designed for easy finger tightening and come with a special tool if even more snug connections are desired. A trigger input and output makes it simple to control the power state of your entire system when the a315 is turned on/off.
Wadia a315 Power Amplifier Specifications:
- POWER OUTPUT:
- 150 watts into 8 ohm loads
- 250 watts into 4 ohm loads
- OUTPUT LOAD IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms or 4 ohms
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION:
- 1% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from 250 milliwatts to one-half of rated power output, 20Hz to 20kHz;
- 5% maximum harmonic distortion at any level from one-half to full rated power output, 20Hz to 20kHz
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM:
- 1dB 8 ohm load
- 6dB 4 ohm load
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 70kHz
- INPUT SENSITIVITY:
- 4V Balanced
- 2V Unbalanced
- A-WEIGHTED SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO:
- 90dB (112dB below rated output) Balanced
- 88dB (110dB below rated output) Unbalanced
- INTERMODULATION DISTORTION: 0.1% maximum if instantaneous peak power output does not exceed the rated output for any combination of frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz
- WIDE BAND DAMPING FACTOR:
- Greater than 320, 8 ohm load
- Greater than 160, 4 ohm load
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10K ohms Balanced and Unbalanced
- VOLTAGE GAIN: 29dB
- TRIGGER INPUT: 5-15VDC, <1mA
- TRIGGER OUTPUT: 12VDC, 50mA maximum, delayed 0.2 seconds
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS:
- Width 17-7/8 inches (45.4 cm)
- Height 3-3/8 inches (8.6 cm) including feet
- Depth 20 inches (50.8 cm) including cables
- WEIGHT: 27 pounds (12.2 kg)