The VPI Scout Jr. is a ready to use out of the box high-end entry level turntable, complete with a pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge. The new tonearm is 9 inches long with a Yoke type vertical bearing and damped turntable like horizontal bearing, it is the perfect solution to enjoying your music! The arm is damped in the horizontal plane and free in the vertical plane, this combination breaks up resonances and ads to the enjoyment of the sound.
The Scout Jr. uses a 600 RPM (500 RPM overseas) AC synchronous motor to drive the turntable. This is a precision device that is mounted in a separate box on rubber feet for the ultimate in motor noise isolation.
The Scout Jr. Turntable is a precision instrument thoroughly tested. Besides being mechanically tested every Scout Jr. is also musically tested using a PS Audio Sprout and KEF Headphones.
VPI Scout Jr. Turntable Features:
- 1.25”" thick black textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
- 16" x 11" footprint
- 19” x 14” x6” overall size
- Machined 1” thick 6061 aluminum platter. Damped internally.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- 600 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- Includes a record damping mat.
- Comes supplied with an Ortofon 2M Red pre-mounted at the factory. No need for any adjustments when you use the turntable.
Available Upgrades through your local Dealer:
- Standard Scout Platter (1 3/8” thick, 11.5” diameter) oil bath bearing
- JMW Scout unipivot tonearm
- Classic Platter (2” inch thick, 12” diameter) inverted bearing 20 pounds
- 300 RPM Motor
- Single Motor Flywheel
- Periphery Ring (only compatible with Classic Platter)
- HR-X Center Weight
- HR-X Feet
- Prime Feet
- 3D Printed tonearm (must buy with upgraded VTA on the fly arm base)
- Synchronous Drive System (SDS)