The past 3 years VPI has been focusing mainly on new/entry level audiophiles and getting them to embrace vinyl for the first time. With the Prime VPI wanted to get back to their roots and focus on the existing audience with a table that offers quality hi-end sound while taking advantage of their improvements in technology. Also, it was important to show the industry that VPI will still be making new turntable and designs whether Harry is in the factory or poolside! The Prime is Mat Weisfeld's first solo design on a table with Harry's approval as well as input from the rest of the VPI staff. The shape of the Prime is meant to have a curvier and sexy look compared to the "classic" look of their tables over the past 10 years. At same time having the footprint to accommodate the space needed for a 10 inch 3D arm.
*Note: Cartridge sold separately.
VPI Prime Turntable Specifications:
- Chassis made of black textured vinyl over MDF with an 11 gauge steel plate bonded to the underside for the ultimate in resonance control and feedback rejection.
- Four solid Delrin corner assemblies designed for isolation and mechanical grounding!! A first.
- A 300 rpm 24 pole AC synchronous motor capable of high torque and quiet operation installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly.
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-totter effects.
- 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.03%
- Rumble: >85db down
- Overall Dims 21 3/8" x 15 3/4"
- Footprint is 19 1/2" x 13 3/4"
- 54 lbs packing weight
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- 10 inch 3D arm
- VTA Tower for VTA/SRA on the fly
- Classic 20 pound platter and bearing
- Outboard 300 RPM motor housing
- New "Prime" feet which offer improved isolation and better mechanical grounding
- Stainless Steel/Delrin record clamp
- The Prime is also being offered as a package with the SDS, Synchronous Drive System.