The VPI Nomad is the first all in one high-end entry level turntable. Complete with a headphone amplifier, phonostage, and pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge on a 9 inch Gimballed / Yoke bearing tonearm, it is the perfect solution to enjoying your records! It also has standard RCA connections providing the ability to connect to a standard amplifier and desktop/floor standing speakers. The Nomad turntable is a precision instrument that has been thoroughly tested to create the musical experience you're looking for!
VPI Nomad Turntable Features:
- 1.25”" thick black textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
- 16" x 11" footprint
- 19” x 14” x6” overall size
- Machined MDF Platter
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- New 9” vertical Yoke type tonearm with lateral turntable type bearing.
- Pivot to spindle: 223mm
- Effective length: 240.7mm
- Overhang: 17.7mm
- Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: .36%
- VTA adjustable arm mount.
- Damped stainless steel armtube.
- Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.
- The armbase is upgradeable to a standard JMW 9 arm.
VPI Nomad Turntable Specifications:
- Type: Belt drive (manual turntable)
- Motor: 24v synchronous AC motor
- Turntable Platter: Machined MDF
- Diameter: 11.81” (30.0 cm)
- Turntable Speeds: 33.3 RPM and 45 RPM
- Wow and Flutter:
- 06% WOW (in accordance with DIN specification)
- 04% Flutter in accordance with DIN specification)
- Rumble: < - 80dB (IEC 98A unweighted)
- Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Red
- Output: 5 mV @ 1 KHz
- Tracking Force: 1.5 grams (recommended)
- Input Load: 47K
- Weight: 5.5 grams
- Power Supply: 24 VAC @ 50 – 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 7.7 watts at full output
- Safety Approvals: Built to meet UL6500 and EN 60065
- Dimensions: 18.5” (470 mm) W x 13.5” (343 mm) D x 4.3” (109 mm)H
- Weight: 12.9 lbs. (5.9 kg)