Having been reviewed and featured in countless Audio Magazines, Cigar Aficionado, television series, and even the Discovery Channel; the Classic is a staple product by VPI Industries. The Classic offers true high-end sound while being partner friendly and reasonably priced for all audiences. Its multi layered rigid design and build quality offers a rich yet highly detailed presentation.
It is an easily upgradable table giving the user the ability to grow with their listening experience and pocketbook.
VPI Classic Turntable Features:
- ¾” walnut or black oak framing a solid MDF chassis bonded with black wrinkle finish 11 gauge steel and dampening fabric for the ultimate in a non-resonant and properly grounded base for the turntable to work.
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects.
- Off-set counter weight standard 140 gm + 10 gm outrigger weight.
- Left rear mounted AC synchronous 600 RPM Motor sitting on separate motor plate mounted on silicone isolator.
- 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- Adjustable anti-skate.
- Isolation using solid machined Delrin feet sitting on 3 hardened steel balls and attached to the table with an isolator so powerful you can put the table next to your speakers.
- Wow and flutter: <.1%
- Speed Accuracy: <.04%
- Rumble: >78db down
Note: Cartridge sold separately.
VPI Classic Turntable Specifications:
- 20 ½ x 15 ½ x 9 ½ (top of the wire loop).
- Footprint: 19 1/4" x 14 1/4"
- Total Weight: 65 pounds