Universal Remote Controller MFS-8 Mac Filtering Network Switch
The MFS-8 Network switch is the ideal "Plug-n-Play" solution to protect network WAPs (Wireless Access Points) from multicast audio streams.
Total Control products, like the DMS-1200 (Multi-zone Amplifier), DMS-100 (Single-Zone Amplifier) and the SNP-1 (Streaming Network Player), all multicast audio streams onto the LAN. The nature of a "multicast" will shut down all wireless access to the network. The MFS-8 was specifically designed for use with Total Control Systems and incorporates pre-configured MAC filtering. MAC Filtering completely solves the issue by confining multicast streams to the switch itself, never allowing streams to affect network traffic in the rest of the house. Pre-configuration means you don't have to be a Network Engineer to configure this switch, simply plug your Total Control products into any port and you're ready to go. "Plug-n-Play" integration produces reliable, predictable network performance.
Universal Remote Controller MFS-8 Network Switch Features:
- Eight (8) ports plus one LAN port.
- Mac filtering prevents audio streams from consuming network bandwidth.
- Activity and Status LEDs plus Connectivity indicator.
- Includes 12 volt power supply.
Universal Remote Controller MFS-8 Network Switch:
- Microprocessor: 55MHz RISC
- Memory: 4 Megabits of Serial Flash, 512KB Flash, 128KB SRAM
- Network: Switching - Eight 10/100 Ethernet ports, LAN - One
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- Power Supply: 12V External Power Supply
- Size: 1.5” x 9.8” x 4.9” (H X W x D)
- Weight: 0.78 lbs. (0.35kg)