Ultrasone Edition M Black Pearl Plus Over-Ear Headphones Overview
Looking for an ultra-mobile, ultra-sensuous and ultra-satisfying headset for the ultimate on-the-go experience? Look at the Edition M Black Pearl Plus from headphones specialist Ultrasone. The patented S-Logic system delivers a smooth natural soundstage, while lower sound pressures protect your hearing and special shielding protects against low-level electromagnetic radiation. Finished in a luxurious gloss-black coating, with ear pads and band wrapped in soft leather, the Edition M Black Pearl Plus pairs perfectly with your phone or portable for elegant and accurate listening.
- Dynamic, closed, circumaural (around-the-ear) design
- S-Logic Plus technology for more natural imaging
- ULE metal shielding protects against electromagnetic radiation
- Titanium-coated 40mm neodymium-magnet driver delivers frequencies above and below human hearing (7 Hz – 39 kHz)
- Spring steel headband and glossy PVD-coated cups, padded by fine sheep leather
- Light weight, at ½ pound less detachable cable with mic and remote and gold-plated 3.5mm plug
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Ultrasone’s artisan roots
The company has been designing high-end headphones for more than 25 years for studio, professional, semi-pro and consumer markets. Each of their premium products is engineered with the same German precision. And most of their headsets, including the Edition M Black Pearl Plus, are handcrafted of the finest materials, assembled and tested at the company’s estate in the Bavarian Alps.
The S-Logic system…
There’s a strong familial resemblance among all Ultrasone headsets, from the ultraportable Go to the enveloping Edition series. Most headphone makers center their drivers in the cup and shoot the sound directly into the ear, bypassing natural resonances and anatomical acoustics. But Ultrasone’s patented S-Logic technology places its drivers asymmetrically down and forward from the ear canal. That means the horn section that was blaring off the back of your skull shifts to a stage in front for a more natural, concert-like experience with real environmental depth.
…plus the Plus
S-Logic Plus refines the original asymmetrical system, fine-tuning the damping and acoustic reinforcement so the driver, mounting board and spatial placement all work together toward the most natural sound and staging. The 40mm titanium-coated drivers with powerful rare-earth magnets supply extended frequency range and fast transient response. It all adds up to less listener fatigue over long sessions, with greater transparency and more natural imaging.
For those who wear headsets for hours at a stretch, the Edition M Black Pearl Plus incorporates Ultrasone’s patented ULE technology, originally designed for the professional market (where engineers wear them all day long). MU-metal shielding protects listeners from any potential adverse effects due to long-term exposure to low-level electromagnetic radiation. Combined with S-Logic’s side benefit of higher perceived loudness at lower actual sound pressure levels, that means you can feel absolutely confident and secure enjoying the M Black Pearl Plus for longer listening periods.
Elegance inside and out
The ear cups are lightweight metal with a high gloss, ruthenium-look (a member of the platinum family), with rugged thin-film PVD coating for long wear and high style. The band is precision-spring steel for a secure, comfortable fit, and wrapped in the same soft, supple sheep’s leather that encircles the ear cushions for isolation and breathability. With a weight of just 8 ounces (not including detachable cord with built-in microphone, remote and gold-plated 3.5 mm plug), it slips into its included soft felt sack for easy transport.
You want to feed headphones of the M Black Pearl Plus’ quality the finest source material, designed specifically for personal listening; we recommend you consider Sony’s portable high-resolution DAC/headphone amp, or one of Astell & Kern’s line of high-resolution portables.
- Principle: Dynamic, closed
- S-Logic Plus techology
- ULE technology
- Impedance: 30 ohms
- Titanium coated 40mm driver
- Magnet: NdFeB
- Frequency range: 7Hz - 39,000Hz
- SPL: 96dB
- Weight (excluding cord): 0.50 lbs.
- Detachable cable with mic and remote (1.2m, OFC) gold-plated, angled 3.5mm 4 pole plug
- Spring steel headband
- PVD coated ear-cups, high-glossy with metal surface
- Head pad and ear pads made of finest sheep leather
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Edition M Black Pearl Plus Headphones
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- Finely crafted felt bag