Ultrasone Edition M Black Pearl Over-Ear Headphones Overview
If you’re looking for an ultra-light, ultra-luxurious and ultra-accurate pair of headphones for the ultimate on-the-go experience, check out Ultrasone’s Edition M Black Pearl set. The company’s patented S-Logic system delivers a smooth natural soundstage, while lower sound pressures protect your hearing, and special shielding protects against low-level electro-magnetic radiation. Accurate, resilient and easy to carry, the Black Pearl pairs perfectly with your favorite phone or portable for long-lasting listening pleasure.
- Dynamic, closed, circumaural (around-the-ear) design
- S-Logic Plus technology for more natural imaging
- ULE shielding protects against electromagnetic radiation
- Extended frequency range of 10 Hz to 38 kHz
- Safer, lower sound pressure level (sensitivity 99dB SPL)
- Ultra-light weight, at 0.32 lbs. not including detachable cord with microphone, remote and gold-plated 3.5mm plug
- Spring steel headband and PVD coated glossy ear-cups, wrapped in fine sheep’s leather
- Handmade in Germany
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Ultrasone’s artisan roots
The company has been designing high-end headphones for more than 25 years for studio, professional, semi-pro and consumer markets. Each of their premium products is engineered with the same German precision. And most of their headsets, including the Black Pearls, are handcrafted of the finest materials, assembled and tested at the company’s estate in the Bavarian Alps.
The S-Logic system…
There’s a strong familial resemblance among all Ultrasone headsets, from the ultraportable Go to the enveloping Edition series. Most headphone makers center their drivers in the cup and shoot the sound directly into the ear, bypassing natural resonances and anatomical acoustics. But Ultrasone’s patented S-Logic technology places its drivers asymmetrically down and forward from the ear canal. That means the horn section that was blaring off the back of your skull shifts to a stage in front for a more natural, concert-like experience with the depth of a real listening environment.
…plus a Plus
S-Logic Plus refines the original asymmetrical system, fine-tuning the damping and acoustic reinforcement so the driver, mounting board and spatial placement all work together toward the most natural sound and staging. With the 30mm titanium-coated drivers, it all adds up to less listener fatigue over long listening sessions, greater transparency and more natural imaging.
For those who wear headsets for hours on end, the Black Pearl incorporates Ultrasone’s patented ULE technology, which uses MU metal shielding to protect the user from any potential adverse effects from long-term exposure to low-level electromagnetic radiation. Combined with S-Logic’s side benefit of higher perceived loudness at lower actual sound pressure levels, that means you can feel absolutely confident and secure enjoying the Black Pearl for longer listening periods.
These lovely headphones are made from the finest materials. The ear cups are lightweight metal with a high gloss, dark, thin-film PVD coating (thus, “black pearl”) with laser-engraved logo. The band is precision spring steel for a secure yet comfortable fit, and wrapped in the same soft, supple sheep leather that encircles the ear cushions for isolation and breathability. The whole package is barely 5 ounces (not including cord with built-in microphone and remote), and slips with the included microfiber cleaning cloth into its felt sack for easy transport.
You want to feed headphones of this quality the finest source material, designed specifically for personal listening. Consider Sony’s portable high-resolution DAC/headphone amp, or one of Astell & Kern’s line of high-resolution portables.
- Principle: Dynamic, closed
- S-Logic Plus techology
- ULE technology
- Impedance: 40 ohms
- Titanium coated 30mm driver
- Magnet: NdFeB
- Frequency range: 10Hz - 38,000Hz
- SPL: 99dB
- Weight (excluding cord): 0.32 lbs.
- Detachable cable with mic and remote (1.2m, OFC) gold-plated, angled 3.5mm 4-pole plug
- Spring steel headband
- PVD coated ear-cups, high-glossy with metal surface
- Head pad and ear pads made of finest sheep leather
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Edition M Black Pearl Headphones
- Microfiber cleaning cloth
- High-quality felt bag