Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited Over-Ear Headphones Overview
If you are seeking the ultimate personal listening experience, consider the gorgeous and precision-crafted Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited. The firm’s patented S-Logic EX Natural Sound system delivers a smooth, deep and realistic soundstage while allowing lower listening levels for equivalent loudness. Special MU metal shielding protects users against low-level electromagnetic radiation. Coated in rare ruthenium (a member of the platinum family) with an elegant brown metallic design, with precisely engineered aluminum headband for comfort and long wear, and ear pads and bands wrapped in fine Ethiopian sheep’s leather, the Edition 5 Unlimited delivers a stylish, satisfying listening experience.
- Dynamic, closed, circumaural (around-the-ear) design
- S-Logic EX technology for realistic concert-like soundstages
- ULE shielding protects against low-level electromagnetic radiation
- 40 mm mylar/titanium drivers with rare-earth magnets deliver frequency range beyond human hearing (5 Hz – 46 kHz)
- Ear cups coated in rare Ruthenium; headband engineered of pure aluminum
- Ear pads and band wrapped in soft, supple Ethiopian long-haired sheep’s leather
- Comes with microfiber cleaning cloth, high-quality transportation bag, and three swappable cables for portable or home use
- Handmade in German Alps
- Weight, without cords, 0.62 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Ultrasone’s artisan roots
The company has been designing high-end headphones for more than 25 years for studio, professional, semi-pro and consumer markets. Each of their premium products is engineered with the same German precision. The Edition 5 Unlimited is crafted of the finest natural materials and, as are most of Ultrasone’s headsets, it’s hand made, assembled and tested at the company’s estate in the Bavarian Alps.
Most headphone makers center their drivers in the cup and shoot the sound directly into the ear, bypassing natural resonances and anatomical acoustics. But Ultrasone’s patented S-Logic Plus technology places its drivers asymmetrically down and forward from the ear canal, and fine-tunes the damping and acoustic reinforcement so the driver, mounting board and spatial placement combine for the most natural sound and staging. That means the horn section that was blaring off the back of your skull shifts to a stage in front for a more natural, concert-like experience with the depth of a real listening environment.
…and a little EX-tra
Refining the original asymmetrical concept, the S-Logic EX system places the drivers in an elaborate funnel-shaped structure, locating them still further from the ear canal and augmenting the spacious, natural environmental effect. The 40mm titanium-coated mylar drivers, designed specifically for this placement, boast powerful rare-earth magnets for a frequency range well beyond human hearing and fast transient response, adding up to the highest in audio fidelity.
For those who wear headsets for hours on end, the Edition 5 Unlimited incorporates Ultrasone’s unique ULE technology, which uses MU metal shielding to protect the user from any potential adverse effects from long-term exposure to low-level electromagnetic radiation. Combined with S-Logic’s side benefit of higher perceived loudness at lower actual sound pressure levels, that means you can feel absolutely confident and secure enjoying the Edition 5 for nearly unlimited listening.
Lovely to look at as well
The Edition 8 Unlimited headphones are formed of the finest materials: The outer ear cups are coated with rare ruthenium, and the ear pads are covered in hand-sewn Ethiopian sheep leather for supple, comfortable personal-listening isolation. The same soft leather surrounds the precision-engineered aluminum headband that adjusts instantly, comfortably and securely. With a weight of just under 10 ounces, not including the set of three detachable oxygen-free copper cables to handle any conceivable connections (including a mobile cable with microphone and remote), the Edition 8 Unlimited packs easily into the included transportation bag for unlimited convenience.
You want to feed headphones of the quality of the Edition 8 Unlimited the finest source material, designed specifically for personal listening. Consider a dedicated headphone amp/DAC such as the Marantz HD-DAC1 or McIntosh MHA150.
- Principle: Dynamic, closed
- S-Logic EX technology
- ULE technology
- Impedance: 32 ohm
- Driver/Driver size: Mylar/Titan, 40mm
- Magnet: NdFeB
- Frequency range: 5Hz - 46000Hz
- SPL: 96dB
- Weight (without cord): 0.62 lbs.
- Handmade in Germany
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Edition 5 Unlimited Over-Ear Headphones
- High-quality transportation bag
- Micro fiber cleaning cloth
- 1.5m cable with an angled 3.5mm Neutrik jack
- 4m cable with a straight 6.3mm Neutrik jack
- 1.2m cable for mobile use, including microphone and remote control