When you add TiVo Mini to your TiVo Roamio or 4-tuner TiVo Premiere, you get the ultimate multi-room solution. TiVo Minis let you enjoy the complete TiVo experience on additional TVs in your house. Access live TV and recorded shows, available on-demand content and apps like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- Watch live TV and recorded shows
- Access Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube® and more
- Search, schedule and record your shows
- Stream and watch Live TV with full Trick Play functions
- Pause a show in one room and resume it in another
- Stream recorded shows to another DVR
- Access your 4-tuner TiVo DVR through your Ethernet or MoCA home network to schedule recordings, WishList searches and Season Pass recordings
- Share web entertainment from another TV, including movies and music from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube, and other broadband content providers
- Stream HD recordings to up to three TVs
TiVo Mini does not have a tuner or hard drive, and does not need a CableCARD. Additionally, the remote in the TiVo App cannot control TiVo Mini.
To be activated, TiVo Mini requires:
- A one-time cost of $99.99 for the unit
- A service plan:
- Monthly service fee: $5.99/month with a minimum of one (1) year commitment and an early termination fee
- Product lifetime service (PLS): One-time service fee of $149.99
- 1 TiVo Mini
- 1 standard TiVo remote (batteries included)
- 1 power adapter
- 1 6' HDMI cable
- 1 Start Here poster (Installation Guide)
TiVo Mini is a client device. It depends on the host DVR to provide:
- Program guide data
- Tuners (for Live TV streaming and QAM-based VOD)
- Multi-Room Streaming content
- My Shows
- Remote Scheduling
- Channel Locks
- Thumb Ratings
- Discovery Bar
- Poster Art
NOTE: If TiVo Mini loses connection to your home network, this data will not be available.
Up to eight TiVo Minis can be supported by one TiVo network containing either TiVo Roamio or Premiere DVRs. One tuner is used each time a TiVo Mini is being used on the network. Therefore, depending on the number of DVRs and tuners you have available, you may not be able to have all eight operating simultaneously.
TiVo Roamio DVRs allow for dynamic tuner allocation, so the tuner is only used when the Mini needs it and is released back to the DVR for use when the TiVo Mini isn’t in use. TiVo Premiere DVRs do NOT support dynamic tuner allocation, so any Mini connected to a Premiere is allocated a constantly dedicated tuner and therefore reduces the tuners available for the Premiere DVR.
No, you must use a wired connection (Ethernet or MoCA) to connect your DVR to a TiVo Mini. Wireless networking is not supported.
Compatible DVRs (4-tuners required)
- TiVo Roamio and Roamio Plus or Pro
- TiVo Premiere 4 and XL4/Elite
HDMI, component video, composite video
Video Output Modes
480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
Hulu Plus, Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, Live365, YouTube, AOL On, Launchpad for TiVo, Picasa, Your Music/Photos & Games