Thorens TD 206 Manual Turntable - A Musical Family
The Thorens TD 206 and TD 209 turntables are the younger siblings of the revolutionary, multiple-award-winning Thorens TD 309. However, they don’t have to live in the shadow of their older brother. Both models are built using only high-quality materials and parts. And both share a number of technical features with the TD 309, ensuring that their replay quality is up there with the best.
The new Thorens TP 90 tonearm is based on the tried-and-tested TP 92 and uses the same ultra-low-friction, high-performance bearing and the innovative zero-stiction anti-bias system. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR technology (reduced-modal-resonance), and the stainless-steel counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled. Tonearm height, azimuth and overhang are user-adjustable.
Thorens TD 206 Turntable Highlights:
- Low Noise, Low Voltage electronically speed controlled DC Motor.
- Adjustable belt tension for best performance
- Two-part aluminium/acrylic platter
- New TP 90 tonearm with precision Japanese bearings
- Tonearm adjustable for VTA, azimuth and overhang
- Made in Germany
Thorens TD 206 Turntable Specifications:
- Operation: manual
- Drive System: belt-drive (flat belt around sub-platter)
- Motor: servo-controlled DC motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed Change: Electronic
- Platter: 12” / 0.9 kg (aluminium/acrylic)
- Tonearm: THORENS TP 90
- Pick-up Cartridge: THORENS TAS 267
- Anti-skating (Bias): by magnet
- Automatic Shut-off: none
- Power Supply: external plug-in power supply, 12 V DC/AC, 6 W min.
- Dimensions: 475 x 125 x 370 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 5.6 kg
- Scope of Delivery: power supply, dust cover (acrylic), RCA interconnects, stylus gauge, spirit level, cartridge alignment protractor