Tradition Meets Innovation
- High Precision Direct Drive Motor
- Electrical Lift
- TP124 Tonearm
- Removable Headshell (SME connector)
- Prepared for SPU Cartridge
- Balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) outputs
- External power supply
The original TD 124 was introduced in 1957 and has been used for decades in countless broadcast studios around the world. Ambitious music lovers also quickly discovered the highly precise turntable for themselves; a dedicated fan base has remained loyal to the TD 124 to this day.
Thorens is now building on this tradition with the completely newly developed TD 124 DD and continues it with innovative technologies. The purist design and basic construction are based on the original, but the height-adjustable aluminum chassis now rests on vibration-damping rubber elements. Instead of the original drive with friction wheel and belt, the new TD 124 DD uses a "High Precision" Direct Drive. This provides powerful torque, allows precise speed control, and keeps unwanted vibrations from the drive away from the platter.
Also new is the tonearm TP 124. It can be precisely adjusted in all parameters to the cartridge of choice and features an innovative anti-skating solution with a ruby bearing and a patented electric tonearm lift to facilitate gentle placement and removal of the stylus.
In addition to the extensive adjustment options, the enclosed headshell provides a great deal of flexibility when it comes to selecting a cartridge. The TD 124 DD also comes with an additional, slightly heavier counterweight that matches the Thorens SPU TD 124 pickup, which is available separately. This is an updated version of another legendary piece of vinyl equipment, the famous Ortofon SPU. Thorens has created the SPU 124 together with Ortofon for the discerning vinyl enthusiast looking for the extraordinary.
Thorens has paid attention to every detail when developing the new TD 124 DD to ensure that it meets the highest aspirations in sound performance. A high-quality external power supply unit ensures interference-free power delivery. In addition to the unbalanced outputs, balanced XLR connectors are also provided, which guarantee optimal signal transmission and thus the best possible sound when connecting the TD 124 DD to a high-end system with an appropriately equipped phono preamplifier.
- Drive System: direct drive
- Mains: 115 V / 230 V (AC)
- Mains frequency: 60 / 50 Hz
- Power consumption: 5 W
- External power supply: TPN 124
- RPM: 33.3, 45 U / min
- Wow & Flutter DIN / WRMS: ≤ 0,04 %
- Platter: Aluminium 3.5 kg
- Tonearm: TP 124
- Effective length: 232.8 mm
- Offset angle: 23.66°
- Overhang: 17.8 mm
- Effective mass: 15 g
- Anti Skating: with a ruby-mounted counterweight
- Cartridge: optional Thorens - Ortofon SPU 124
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.7" x 13.7" x 7.3"
- Weight without power supply: 37.48 lbs
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- TD 124 DD High-End Direct Drive Turntable (Black)
- External power supple
- 2 tonearm counterweights
- Tool to adjust the tonearms
- Instruction manual