TEAC TN-4D-SE Direct-Drive Turntable with SAEC Tonearm, Built-In Phono Amp, Anti-Skate, and Pre-Installed Sumiko MM Cartridge
Questions? We're here to help.
Model: TN4DSEB UPC: 043774035403 Item: 4141
The TN-4D-SE is a direct-drive, analog turntable with an elegant, low-profile design, made possible by the use of a newly-developed brushless DC servo motor.
- Direct-drive analog turntable
- Crystal-locked speed stability, thanks to a new brushless DC motor with feedback control
- Die-cast aluminum platter
- Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm bearings, designed by high-end tonearm manufacturer SAEC
- Multi-layer Piano Black or natural Walnut veneer finish
- Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier for high-quality sound (PHONO/LINE switchable)
- 2-speed drive for 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- Gold-plated output connectors to resist oxidation
- Acclaimed Oyster MM cartridge by SUMIKO
A sleek motor developed exclusively for direct-drive turntables
The TN-4D-SE uses a sleek, brushless DC motor, offering crystal-locked speed accuracy, regulated by a computer-controlled feedback circuit and achieving low wow-and-flutter levels for a direct drive turntable, especially one with such a stylish, low-profile design.
Knife-edge, pivot-point tone-arm bearings
The TN-4D-SE's tonearm employs a knife-edge, pivot-point bearing. Unlike the case for tonearms with conventional bearings, any fine vertical movements encountered by this tonearm actually help in delivering a more dynamic sound with excellent resolution. The S-shaped tonearm also employs a universal headshell fitting, allowing users to quickly and easily swap cartridges/headshells, and supports a wide range of cartridge weights (from 14 - 23g / 0.5 - 0.8 oz.)
Precision anti-skating and stylus-pressure adjustment
As you might expect, the tonearm is equipped with a counterweight, for precise stylus-pressure adjustment, and an anti-skating mechanism.
Pre-installed Oyster cartridge by SUMIKO
The TN-4D-SE comes with a well-regarded Oyster MM cartridge from SUMIKO – a legendary American cartridge manufacturer. The Oyster cartridge delivers a powerful soundstage, regardless of what music you pick.
Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier supporting MM cartridges
The TN-4D-SE comes with a built-in PHONO EQ amplifier that allows you to directly connect the turntable to the line-level inputs of your existing hi-fi system. The NJM8080 IC from New Japan Radio Corporation is employed for op-amp duties, bringing up the level of the tiny signals received via the cartridge up to LINE level strength without any loss of quality.
Die-cast aluminum platter
In conjunction with the newly-developed motor, the high inertia, die-cast aluminum platter helps to achieve better speed stability.
Insulating feet with excellent shock absorption
The insulating feet comprise a machined aluminum shell topped with a rubber cushion that is fixed to the high-density MDF plinth. Thanks to their excellent shock absorption characteristics the TN-4D is very resistant to acoustic feedback.
2-speed turntable for 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
The TN-4D-SE supports 33-1/3 and 45 rpm for LP and EP records. Our insistence on quality engineering can even be seen in the construction of the rotary control for start-up/speed selection, formed of machined aluminum.
- Type: Direct Drive
- Motor: Brush-less DC Motor
- Rotation Speeds: 33-? rpm, 45 rpm
- Wow-and-Flutters: 0.1%
- S/N Ratio: 67dB or higher (A-weighted, 20kHz LPF)
- Turntable (Platter)
- Material: Aluminum Die-cast
- Diameter: 30cm
- Type: S-shaped, Static-balanced
- Effective Length: 223mm
- Needle Pressure Range: 0g to 5.0g
- Compatible: 4.0g to 13.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 14g to 23g (including Head-shell)
- Head-shell and Cartridge
- Type: MM-type (SUMIKO Oyster factory installed)
- Output Voltage: 4.0mV (1kHz)
- Needle Pressure: 1.5 to 2.5g (appropriate value: 2.3g)
- Weight: 5.3g
- Head-shell weight: 10g (including nuts, screws, and wires)
- Compatible Stylus: Styluses for SUMIKO Oyster
- Analog Outputs
- Connector: RCA Pin jack × 1 pair (PHONO/LINE switchable)
- Output Voltage
- PHONO: 4.0mV (1kHz)
- LINE: 224mV (–13dBV)
- Operating Power: AC 100 to 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 2W
- Standby Power: 0.5W or less
- Overall Dimensions (W × H × D): 16.5" × 4.6" × 14.0"
- Weight Approx.: 13.5 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- TN-4D-SE Direct-Drive Turntable with SAEC Tonearm, Built-In Phono Amp, Anti-Skate, and Pre-Installed Sumiko MM Cartridge
- Felt Mat
- EP Adapter
- Counter Weight
- Head-shell (SUMIKO Oyster installed)
- Dust Cover
- (2) Hinges
- RCA Audio cable with GND terminal
- AC Adapter (GPE036W-24015)
- Owner's Manual