TEAC HR-S101 High-Resolution Micro System - Defining the Micro System, Stunning Audio Performance for the next generation
The HR-S101 is a combination of the bible-sized USB DAC Amplifier, AI-101DA and a pair of LS-101 speakers, designed all-in-one for the next generation, who mainly use a computer and smartphone. The AI-101DA allows users to enjoy both high-resolution audio streaming from a computer, and high-quality wireless audio streaming from a smartphone via Bluetooth aptX codec. In addition to a USB audio input and Bluetooth connection, the AI-101DA also employs a pair of optical digital audio inputs and an analog audio input for traditional audio players like CD player or portable audio player, just in case.
The secrets of the next-gen audio system are not only the versatility of its audio inputs, but the tech under its aluminum skin utilizes the latest DSP-based technology “HR Loudness” to maximize comprehensive sound performance, combining the AI-101DA and the LS-101. The AI-101DA’s compact body enables convertible layout, horizontal or vertical to fit with tiny space near TV stand or STB, while TEAC’s iconic side guard bars give a professional finish.
TEAC HR-S101 Micro System Highlights:
- USB DAC for PCM 192kHz/24-bit High-resolution Audio Streaming
- 2 Optical Audio Input supporting PCM 192kHz/24-bit
- Bluetooth aptX Wireless Audio Streaming
- 26W + 26W Built-in Class-D Power Amplifier
- BurrBrown PCM1796 D/A Converter
- Up-conversion up to 192kHz
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- 100mW + 100mW Headphone Output Power
- DSP-based HR Loudness for maximized audio performance, applicable to all incoming audio signal including Analog Line In
- Aluminum Front Panel and Case
- Machined Aluminum Knobs
- Iconic Side Guard Bars
- Vertical and Horizontal Design
- Auto Power Saving / Auto Power On
- Remote Control
- Binding-post Speaker Terminals
- Rear Bass-reflex type 2-way Speakers
- Subwoofer Pre-out for 2.1ch System
- RoHS Compliant
TEAC HR-S101 Micro System Features:
USB DAC for High-resolution Audio Streaming
- The main unit employs a USB Audio Input that allows users to connect to a computer and process high-resolution audio of up to 192kHz/24-bit by on-board D/A converter PCM1796 by BurrBrown. The asynchronous connection minimizes jitter noise generated by the computer, while the up-conversion function refines incoming digital audio to make it as smooth as possible, even from CD-based audio tracks.
High quality Wireless Audio Streaming by Bluetooth aptX Codec
- The main unit supports Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with an aptX codec. Users can transmit high-quality audio wirelessly from their smartphone to the AI-101DA.
HR Loudness for Massive Sound Performance
- As the heart of audio system, the main unit employs a class-D power amplifier that delivers 26W + 26W of output from a bible size cabinet. When the HR Loudness – a DSP-based bass enhancement technology – is active, the amplifier produces an optimized speaker signal that maximizes the performance of the LS-101 speaker units included. The HR Loudness can be turned off when you connect to third-party speakers. The HR Loudness is effective for analog line-in signal as well, by converting to 96kHz/24-bit digital audio signal that is hi-resolution audio quality. Of course, no cooling fan is employed for tranquility, so as to avoid background noise interference. A set of biding-post speaker terminals have been used for secure wiring.
Total 4 Audio Inputs in a compact aluminum body
- Specifically designed for audio streaming from a computer or smartphone, the main unit carries a USB audio input and Bluetooth connection. However, it also carries a pair of optical audio inputs and conventional analog audio input in 1/8” jack. The AI-101DA’s bible-sized body made of aluminum enables convertible layout, horizontal or vertical, while TEAC’s iconic side guard bars give a professional finish.
Excellent Headphone Performance
- As users demands for high quality headphone listening increase, TEAC have responded by including 100mW + 100mW of headphone output in the AI-101DA main unit to enable it to drive a wider range of headphones, including high impedance models.
Auto Power Saving – A smart connection with TV, PC, Satellite Receiver, and STB
- The AI-101DA provides a simple and smart way of power-on/off sequence when you watch TV. Thanks to its Auto Power Saving function, the AI-101DA automatically turns on when incoming digital audio signal is detected, and vice versa ¬- it automatically turns off when incoming digital audio signal is inactive for 3 minutes -. So, you can connect a TV, PC, Satellite Receiver, and STB such as Apple TV and Sonos CONNECT that equips optical digital audio output to enjoy simplified and smart operations. The Auto Power Saving function can be engaged or disabled by user preference. However when it is disabled, it still automatically switches to standby mode if left without any operation for 30 minutes.
2-way Speaker System
- In order to reproduce high-resolution audio in the high frequency range, the speakers have a 20mm soft dome tweeter with a Chrome-plated diffuser and a 70mm cone woofer. The carefully designed bass reflex port on the rear panel generates stunning bass sounds from a convenient compact cabinet. The beautifully finished surface on the rear panel includes binding post type speaker terminals with an AWG8-graded speaker cable.
Free audio software for high-resolution audio playback
- TEAC supplies high-resolution audio playback software for both Windows and Macintosh. The software is available to download for free from the TEAC web site, and it allows users to enjoy high-resolution audio without complicated settings that may occur with third-party applications. This is another reason to choose TEAC.
TEAC HR-S101 Micro System Specifications:
- Max Output Power: 26W + 26W (4 ohms, 1kHz, THD 10%, JEITA)
- Rated Output Power: 20W + 20W (4 ohms, 1kHz, THD 1%, JEITA)
- Total Harmonic Distortions: 0.01% (1kHz, 8 ohms, 1W)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Line IN): 95dB (IHF-A/LPF 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz (-5dB)
- D/A Converter: BurrBrown PCM1796
- Supported Formats: PCM
- Sampling Frequency: 32k, 44.1k,
- Bit-length: 16/24-bit
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode: Supported
- Supported OS:
- Windows: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- McIntosh: Lion (OS X10.7), Mountain Lion (OS X10.8), Mavericks (OS X10.9)
- Bluetooth version: 2.0
- Bluetooth class: Class 2 (Range: approx. 10m/33ft.)
- Supported Profile: A2DP, AVRCP
- Supported Codec: aptX, SBC, AAC
- Digital Inputs
- USB: USB A Type x 1
- Optical: TOS Link x 2
- Input Level: -24.0dBm to -14.5dBm peak
- Analog Input
- Line IN: x1
- Speaker Output
- Speaker Terminals: Binding-post
- Supported Impedance: 4 to 8 ohms
- Subwoofer Pre-out: RCA Pin Jack
- Headphone Output
- Headphone Jack: 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Mini Jack
- Output Power: 100mW + 100mW (32 ohms loaded, 1kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortions: 0.005%
- Speakers (Units): 2-way 2-speakers, Rear Bass-reflex
- Tweeter: 20mm Soft Dome
- Woofer: 70mm Cone
- Max Input Power: 35W
- Rated Input Power: 25W
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87dB/W/m
- Frequency Response: 65Hz to ?
- Crossover Frequency: 12kHz
- Cabinet Capacity: 2 Liter / 122 cubic inch
- Power: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 28W (0.5W at Standby)
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Main Unit (AI-101DA): 182 x 53 x 191 mm / 7.2" x 2.1" x 7.5"
- Speaker (LS-101): 116 x 182 x 175 mm / 4.6" x 7.2" x 6.9"
- Main Unit: 1.2kg / 2.6lbs
- Speaker: 1.7kg / 3.8lbs per piece
What's In The Box:
- Power cord
- Remote control (RC-1318)
- AAA Batteries x 2
- Rubber feet x 4
- Speaker cables (2m/6.6ft) x 2
- Owner's Manual (including Warranty Card)