Whether you're on-the-go or relaxing during a private listening session, the TEAC HA-P50 Portable Headphone Amplifier will ensure that your tunes are given the high resolution they deserve. With a built-in 24/96 USB DAC, you can connect your smartphone (Android/iOS) or your computer (PC/MAC) to this device for a clean stream of audio. And its internal rechargeable battery allows for a consistent life of 8 hours before needing a charge.
HA-P50 Portable Headphone Amplifier With USB DAC
The HA-P50 Portable Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC provides high-resolution 'go anywhere' listening from iPhone, Android and PC/Mac.
- Digital input from iPhone or Android devices
- Custom iOS application TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS (free to download) offers 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio playback (no Apple camera connection kit needed)
- High 160mW + 160mW output gain (at 32Ω load)
- Low 0.001% distortion (at 100mW + 100 mW output)
- Built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 high-performance D/A converter
- Discrete output amp section based on a push-pull circuit
- High quality OP1652 operational amplifier
- HIGH/LOW gain selector
- USB input from PC (24-bit/96kHz maximum)
- Works in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player app for PC/Mac (free to download) to deliver high-resolution audio playback
- Combination optical digital/AUDIO IN input
- 3.5mm stereo mini headphone output
- Slim 21.7mm thick design; sturdy full aluminum body
- Internal rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery with continuous battery life of approximately 8 hours
- Supplied with rubber fixing straps for securing HA-50 to iPhone or Android handsets
- Auto power save function
Portable Amplifier for High-Performance Headphones
The HA-P50 is the ideal headphone amplifier for the audiophile on the go, and it allows you to take that great Reference 501-grade headphone listening experience outdoors and enjoy it wherever you want to go. Packs a high-performance digital-to-analog adapter and high specification power amplifier circuit into a compact body to bring out the very best from quality headphones.
High-Quality Sound From iPhone or Android via USB Digital Input
Digital audio signals stored in your iOS device or Android are extracted digitally via USB and processed through the HA-50's high-performance built-in digital-to-analog converter, with minimal sound degradation and allowing the purest playback quality, with maximum fidelity. The HA-P50 can be used with the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback for iPhones and other iOS-based devices... there's no need to buy a separate adapter (such as the Apple camera connection kit) in order to connect. It also comes with rubber fixing straps for securing it to an iPhone or Android handset, making the HA-P50 very easy to carry around.
BurrBrown PCM5102 Digital-to-Analog Converter
The built-in BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter is capable of processing digital audio signals up to maximum 24-bit/96kHz resolution
High 160mW + 160mW Output Gain
Fitted with a 160mW + 160mW high-output power amplifier (at 32 ohms load), this amp lets you drive 600 ohm-class headphones at full power.
Low Distortion Discrete Power Amp Section
Uses a top-flight OPA 1652 operational amplifier to process audio signals with maximum purity. The discrete push-pull circuit achieves a very low distortion rate of 0.001% (at 100mW + 100mW output), which IC-based amplifier headphone circuits cannot match, thanks to meticulous component selection and an absolute insistence on sound quality. Every lesson TEAC has learnt about amplifier sound quality has been applied to the HA-501 in the pursuit of the very best listening experience, one that's wholly uncompromised in a mobile environment.
Dual-setting Gain Switch for High-Impedance Headphones
Fitted with a high/low gain selector, which enables output gain to be matched to the impedance of the headphone being used - an indispensable feature for those who use top quality high-impedance headphones.
Accepts USB Input From a PC/Mac
The HA-P50 accepts input from your computer via USB, and it is capable of high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz sound source playback when used with the TEAC HR Audio Player app (free to download) installed on your Windows PC/Macintosh.
Equipped with Optical Digital/Analog Inputs
This versatile portable audio player employs an optical digital input terminal that can be connected to a home audio system. The HA-P50 creates a high quality digital audio playback environment. With its dual-function AUDIO IN port for analog audio, the HA-P50 takes input from non-digital audio players and passes it through its sophisticated amplifier circuits, letting you enjoy a high quality headphone listening environment wherever you are.
Compact and Robust Full Aluminum Body
Constructed from durable aluminum, the HA-P50's compact, flat body measures just 21.7mm thick, ideal for mobile environments where toughness, small size, and lightness are essential. Designed from the outset for mobile use, its compact aluminum volume knob has just the right torque to allow fine volume adjustment. Raised guards on either side prevent accidental volume changes when the HA-50 is being carried in a pocket or bag, as well as protecting headphone plugs from bumps.
Convenient Recharging via USB; 8-Hour Continuous Battery Life
The HA-P50 has a built-in 2100mAh Li-ion battery, allowing a maximum of 8 hours of continuous battery life (with digital connections), and the included USB-A type DC cable allows recharging from a computer's USB port. A separately sold TASCAM PS-P515U AC adapter allows rapid recharging from wall/mains power, if required. Thanks to its auto power save function, the unit goes into sleep mode after 30 minutes if it has failed to detect a sound signal, or if there's no headphone jack plugged into the headphone port.
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack
- Effective maximum output
- 160mW+160mW (32 ohms, 1KHz, 10%, JEITA)
- 65mW+65mW (300 ohms, 1KHz, 10%, JEITA)
- 35mW+35mW (600 ohms, 1KHz, 10%, JEITA)
- Compatible impedance: 8 ohms to 600 ohms
Analog Audio Input
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo mini jack (combination optical digital input; automatic detection)
Digital Audio Input
- USB 1
- Connector: USB Micro B-type (USB2.0)
- Compatible product: PCs (Windows, Macintosh) with the compatible product TEAC HR Audio Player installed
- Compatible Formats (PCM): 96kHz/24bit
- USB 2
- Connector: USB A-type, (USB2.0)
- Compatible products: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation) iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini. iPod touch (5th generation), iPod nano (7th generation), Android (AOA2.0 compatible Android phone handset)
- iOS: 96kHz/24bit (when using TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS)
- Android: 44.1kHz/16bit (AOA2.0 compatible Android phone handset)
- Connector: optical mini-jack (combination AUDIO IN port; automatic signal detection)
- D/A converter: BurrBrown PCM5102
- Battery capacity: 2,100mAh
- Recharging method: USB (via USB-A DC recharging cable)
- Continuous battery life: Approximately 8 hours (when using digital input)
- Dimensions: 2.5"(W)×0.85"(H)×4.4"(D) (excluding protruding guards)
- Weight: 210g / 7.4oz
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz (when using AUDIO IN input)
- Overall distortion: 0.001%(32 ohms, 1kHz, 100mW + 100mW, JEITA)
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- HA-P50 Portable Headphone Amplifier With USB DAC
- Electric recharging cable included (DC plug – USB A plug)
- Computer connection cable (USB micro B plug – USB A plug)
- Rubber fixing straps for fastening×2