This Teac Home Theater Package includes:
- HA-501 Dual-Monaural Headphone Amplifier
- UD-301 Dual Monaural Digital-to-Analog Converter
Teac HA-501 Dual-Monaural Headphone Amplifier
A Full-Analog Dual Monaural Headphone Amplifier Designed to Maximize Headphone Potential
Introduce yourself to TEAC’s HA-501, a fully analog, dual monaural headphone amplifier with elegance. Part of the 501 series, this Class-A amplifier delivers superior sound quality, a sleek, modern look, all encased in a rugged but compact design. The HA-501 supplies regular headphone listeners with quality sound, features and adaptable options that cannot be found in regular amplifiers. Pair it with your favorite headphones the same way you would a normal amp with favored speakers and take advantage of DC Servo Technology, Switchable damping Factors, High Output Power, a large Toroidal-Core Power Transformer and relax to your favorite music or radio broadcast.
- A lavishing Class-A Amplifier for superior sound quality. (Full-analog Dual Monaural Discrete design)
- Active DC Servo Technology to eliminate Offset Electrical Potential, to achieve stable drive.
- Switchable Damping Factor, to dive diaphragm under the best conditions. (5 positions)
- 1,400mA/ch (32 ohm loaded) of high output power to drive a high impedance headphones as high as 600 ohms.
- A Toroidal-Core Power Transformer for stable current supply.
- Full-metal jacket. Gorgeous aluminum panels for front top and sides. Small footprint fits your desktop.
A headphone Amplifier to Achieve peak headphone performance
- In general, a headphone output from conventional hi-fi components does not allow even high-quality headphones to perform at their peak potential. The same way one chooses an amplifier to match with your favorite speakers, it is very important to choose an appropriate headphone amplifier that matches your favorite headphones. A headphone amplifier is a "must-have" listening device for audiophiles.
Active DC Servo Technology for decreased distortion, and discrete Class-A Amplifier
- In order to develop a first-class low distortion Class-A headphone amplifier, TEAC held a series of sound evaluations during the development. These tests led to the careful choosing of parts and discrete circuit design. In addition, like most full-size hi-fi components, in order to eliminate Offset Electrical Potential, Active DC Servo Technology is utilized.
Dual Monaural Design that eliminates interference between Left and Right channels
- In regards to the circuit design, each channel is completely designed on an individual basis to avoid signal interface to/from another. This contribution eliminates cross-talk, crucial headphone listening.
MUSES8920 Op-Amps - for high-end quality
- MUSES8920 Op-Amp chip-sets are designed for high-end audio. Employed individually on the Left and Right channels, they help achieve superior sound. This Op-amp performs superb IV-conversion and is already very well regarded and used in a wide-range of hi-fi components.
A Large Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- An over-sized Toroidal-core power transformer is also employed to supply stable current to the every part of the circuit.
Damping Factor Selector to optimize headphones' characteristic
- Each pair of headphones has its Damping Factor, a resisting force against non-intentional movement of the diaphragm moving air forwards and backwords as sound. The value of the Damping Factor varies model by model, as diaphragms are made by different materials, in different shapes or different construction designs. Since headphones' diaphragms are activated by a very small current compared to conventional speakers, the damping factor increases, the sound is lean and crisp, and has a close relationship with headphones' impedance. Therefore, selecting the right Damping Factor is crucial in order for your headphones to perform at their peak potential. The HA-501 provides 5 selectable Damping Factors, so users have the best suited signal for multiple headphones.
Total 2,800mA of output power drives your high impedance headphones
- The HA-501 achieves a remarkable 1,400mW output power per channel at 32 ohms impedance. The device delivers not only enough power to drive standard headphones with an impedance range from 80 to 250 ohms, but also high-class 600 ohms hi-fi headphones.
Robust Aluminum Body with a Classy Appearance
- Re-defining high class hi-fi components, the HA-501 has a small footprint, classy appearance and is constructed with aluminum panels to create an authentic but modern looking hi-fi component. A robust metal construction helps eliminate vibrations that may affect the sound quality. The bottom and sidewalls are formed with a steel chassis, aluminum for the front panel and the rear panel out of steel. In order to ensure it's rugged design, each panel is connected with a beam that runs through the center of the unit. Normally, this type of construction is only for full-size components, particularly CD players that generate inherent motor vibrations. This construction ensures the HA-501 is an authentic hi-fi component that will last you for many years. Choose between a handsome black version and a brilliant silver version to match with any interior or design.
Well-designed User Interface
- Another remarkable feature of the HA-501 is the user-friendly design. The firm-torqued volume control allows users to adjust the volume level with ease and precision while the toggle-type power switch assures ON/OFF operation at a glance. Auto-muting function protects your ears from unexpected loud sounds when switching between headphones with different levels of impedance.
Professional grade Input/Output connectors
- On the rear panel, a pair of NEUTRIK brand XLR input connectors allow users to connect high-end components or professional audio equipment, while wider-pitch RCA pin jacks allow user to connect large-shaft RCA pin cables from other markets. A detachable type 3-polar power inlet socket is also available. On the front, a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack allows users to connect a portable music player such as an iPod, conveniently.
Switchable Output Mode for flexibility
- Line output level from the rear panel can be switched among "Fixed Level", "Variable Level (coupled with volume)" and "Off".
HA-501 Additional Features:
- Full analog circuit design
- Discrete design Class-A Amplifier
- Dual Monaural design
- Active DC Servo technology
- Dual MUSES8920 Op-amps for Left and Right channels
- 1,400mW + 1,400mW Output Power (at 32 ohms)
- Damping Factor Selector
- Over-sized Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- Full-metal Jacket, Rigid construction
- A pair of XLR connectors by Neutrik for balanced audio input
- 2 pair of RCA pin connectors for unbalanced audio input on rear (Gold-plated)
- 1 stereo audio input on front (1/8" or 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- 1 stereo headphone out on front (1/4" or 6.35mm Stereo Jack)
- 1 pair of RCA pin connectors for stereo unbalanced audio output (Gold-plated)
- Switchable output line level (Fixed, Variable, Off)
- +/-15V high voltage operation current achieved high S/N ratio
- Precisely machined aluminum knobs (Volume, Input Selector, Damping Factor Selector)
- Auto-muting when headphone plug is disconnected
- A 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable
Teac UD-301 Dual Monaural Digital-to-Analog Converter
A new standard in high-resolution audio, delivering high performance audio from a desktop component
- 2.8MHz/5.6MHz DSD native playback (via USB input)
- 24bit/192kHz PCM file playback
- Asynchronous mode capability
- 192kHz up-conversion option (with On/Off selection)
- 2 x BurrBrown PCM1795 digital-to-analog converters
- Dual monaural design
- 2 x MUSES8920 operational amplifier units
- Dual monaural CCLC headphone output circuit
- Toroidal core power transformer
- Full metal housing
- 1×USB input (USB B type)
- 1×coaxial digital input
- 1×optical digital input
- 1×XLR balanced output (Fixed/Adjustable/Off)
- 1×RCA balanced output (Fixed/Adjustable/Off)
- Headphone output (standard stereo jack)
- Three-pin IEC AC power socket
- Auto Power Save function
Capable of 5.6MHz DSD native playback
- The USB input facility allows DSD native playback which converts 5.6MHz DSD files directly into analog signals without needing first to convert it to PCM. It supports both the ASIO2.1 and DoP (DSD over PCM) conversion methods. Using the AI-301DA in conjunction with the TEAC HR Audio Player* high-resolution playback computer software application, anyone can easily explore the world of high-rez digital audio, including 5.6MHz DSD or 32bit/192 kHz PCM files, without having to grapple with complex settings etc.
- * TEAC HR Audio Player can be downloaded for free from the TEAC website.
Asynchronous mode-capable USB input
- When receiving digital audio signals from a computer via USB cable, the unit can operate in asynchronous mode, controlling the timing of the input signal using the UD-301's internal clock (which is identical to the one used in the UD-501). With asynchronous transmission over USB, signal compromising jitter is effectively eliminated, allowing digital audio signals to be transmitted in a pure, unadulterated state.
Up to 192kHz up-conversion option.
- When handling digital signals of 96kHz and less, users have the option to upconvert to double or quadruple the original signal sampling frequency. Even when playing back a 44.1kHz sound source (equivalent to CD sound quality) a smoother analog audio signal can be obtained in order to convert to a higher resolution digital signal. Naturally, this up-conversion facility can be switched in or out, according to the user's preference.
Dual monaural design eliminates interference between the left and right channels
- In order to process the audio signal from a high-resolution sound source in a purer state, they adopt a dual monaural circuit design whereby each of the left and right channels comprises its own single monaural circuit. This avoids mutual interference between the left and right channels and enables pure stereo playback.
High-performance BurrBrown PCM1795 digital-analog converter
- The two internal BurrBrown 1795 digital-to-analog converter units each work on a single channel (left or right) for true dual monaural operation. They are capable of 32-bit processing and so have the capacity to process 5.6MHz DSD data in large quantities, making them indispensible for faithful and accurate playback of high-resolution sound sources.
MUSE operational amplifier enables highest quality analog signal processing
- they use these in the analog circuit, they are a vital element in determining the final sound quality. They transform the electrical current output of the D/A converter into a voltage signal. They opted for a dual monaural configuration for the operational amplifiers, employing two MUSES8920 operational amplifier units, one on each of the left and right channels. These devices are made by New Japan Radio and are designed especially for hi-fi audio.
Even the headphone amplifiers used in the CCLC circuits are of dual monaural design
- The 100mW + 100mW output (at 32 ohms load) headphone amplifier uses CCLC (Coupling Capacitor Less Circuit) technology. In conventional headphone output circuits, a capacitor is used for output-stage coupling, and so the sound is unavoidably colored. When the capacitor is combined with a high-pass filter this often results in phase lags, or low frequency level degradation. With CCLC the negative impact of capacitors on sound quality is eliminated, providing full low-frequency sound and a responsive headphone listening environment with great spatiality.
Doubles as a no-compromise, high-performance headphone amp
- In addition to the dual monaural headphone circuits, there are options to switch off the XLR and RCA outputs on the rear panel. By cutting the power supply and isolating those circuits that are unrelated to the headphone output, the performance of the UD-301's headphone output can be maximized. This feature also makes the headphone amp very easy to use as the volume control for the headphones is completely separate from the output mode (Fixed, Adjustable or Off) on the rear panel.
Toroidal core power transformer provides stable power flow
- A high-efficiency toroidal core power transformer with low magnetic flux leakage is used to guarantee the stable operation of the twin left and right D/A converters that are so essential to the UD-301's high-speed signal processing. This transformer provides a stable power supply even in situations where a sudden surge of power is required, such as when starting up at very high volume.
Well-engineered aluminum enclosure, compact proportions
- Following on from our development of the 501 series concept (small high-performance audio components that can be fitted on a desktop) they decided, at the outset, that the 301 series would be an even more compact design. Now, the casework has been shrunken to just 215mm wide, allowing greater freedom in positioning the amplifier. External highlights include aluminum panels and a motor-driven volume knob with the tactile feel you'd expect from controls found in high end full-size hi-fi components. At the same time, the solid enclosure underpinned by the metal chassis, is impressively inert, minimizing the effects of vibration on the unit's sound quality.
XLR balanced output
- The UD-301 is equipped with an XLR balanced output that can be connected not only to other domestic hi-fi components but also to professional audio equipment. As a highly versatile, high-performance D-A converter, the UD-301 offers a high degree of interoperability with devices ranging from those used by discerning consumers all the way up to those used in the professional domain.
Connectable to a power amp in pre-amp mode
- The XLR balanced output and RCA unbalanced outputs on the rear panel can both be set at Fixed, Adjustable or Off. Using the Adjustable setting, the UD-301 can be connected to a power amplifier to create a system with a separate pre amp and power amp or, alternatively, can be directly connected to an active speaker.
- Balanced Input (Rear): 1 pair
- Connectors: XLR-3-31 (1:GND, 2:HOT, 3:COLD)
- Impedance: 20k ohms
- Sensitivity: 2Vms
- Line Input (Rear): 2 Pairs (LINE 1, LINE 2)
- Connectors: RCA Pin Jack (Gold-plated)
- Impedance: 10k ohms
- Sensitivity: 1Vms
- Auxiliary Input (Front, AUX)
- Connectors: 1/8” (3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- Impedance: 13k ohms
- Sensitivity: 0.5Vms
- Headphone Output (Front)
- Connectors: 1/4" (6.35mm) Stereo Jack
- Supported Headphone Impedance: 16 ohms - 600 ohms
- Max Output Level:
- 1,400mW + 1,400mW (at 32 ohms)
- 135mW + 135mW (at 600 ohms)
- Rated Output Level:
- 600mW + 600mW (at 32 ohms)
- 34mW + 34mW (at 600 ohms)
- 0.002% (Input 1V, Output 1V, at 32 ohms)
- 0.01% (Input 1V, Output 600mW, at 32 ohms)
- S/N Ratio: 110dB (RCA Input, 2Vrms 1kHz, A-weighted)
- Frequency Response:
- 2Hz – 100kHz (+0dB/-3dB)
- 10Hz – 100kHz (+/-3dB)
- Line Output (Rear)
- Connectors: RCA Pin Jack (Gold-plated)
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Output Level: 316mV
- Output Level Selector: Fixed, Variable, Off
- Operation Power: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 22W (Standby: 0W)
- Operating Temperature:
- +5-degrees C to +35-degrees C
- +41-degrees F to +95-degrees F
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 85% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature:
- -20-degrees C to +55-degrees C
- -4-degrees F to +131-degrees C
- Overall Dimensions: 11.4" (W) x 3.2" (H) x 9.6" (D)
- Net Weight: 4.1kg, 9 lbs
- D/A Converter: BurrBrown PCM1795×2
- Up-conversion: 192kHz (user defeatable)
Digital Audio Inputs
- Connector: USB Type B (USB2.0)
- Transmission mode: Asynchronous mode
- DSD data sampling frequency: 2.8M/5.6M Hz
- PCM data sampling frequency: 32k/44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192k Hz
- Bit rates: 16/24/32 bit
- Connector: RCA jack
- PCM data sampling frequency: 32k/44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192k Hz
- Bit rates: 16/24 bit
- Input level: 0.5Vp-p
- Input impedance: 75 ohms
- Connector: Optical digital connector
- PCM data sampling frequency: 32k/44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k Hz
- Bit rates: 16/24 bit
- Input level: -24 to -14.5dBm peak
Analog Audio Inputs
- Connector: XLR-3-32
- Maximum output level: +14dBu (1kHz, full-scale, 10k ohms with load, 0dB when set)
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Connector: RCA jack
- Maximum output level: 2.0Vrms (1kHz, full-scale, 10k ohms when loaded)
- Output impedance: 100 ohms
- Connector: 6.3mm (1/4") stereo phone jack
- Maximum output: 100mW + +100mW (32 ohms with load, distortion rate 0.1%)
- Compatibility impedance: 8 ohms to 600 ohms
- Power supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 10W
- Dimensions: 8.5"(W) x 2.4"(H) x 9.4"(D)
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 55kHz (-3dB, in the case of 192kHz sampling frequency)
- S/N ratio: 105dB
- Distortion: 0.0015% (1kHz, in the case of 192kHz sampling frequency)