Designed for the Discriminating Audiophile
Handsomely styled with a swept-back profile and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Bookshelf Speakers draw design cues from the magnificent flagship Ultra Tower Speakers. These speakers come in a variety of colors, so they can look stunning in almost any environment and will complement any upscale décor. Reference-grade bookshelf monitors have always held a warm spot in the heart of any serious audiophile, and the Ultra Bookshelf Speakers live up to that esteemed legacy. With their emotionally involving monitors delivering precise imaging, an amazingly coherent and deep soundstage, a wonderfully rich and compelling tonal balance, and surprisingly deep and dynamic bass, they are sure to thrill serious music aficionados everywhere, which is why the Ultra Bookshelf series immediately takes a place amongst the most highly-regarded 2-way monitors on the market.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The Ultra Bookshelf cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS Drivers Extreme Performance and Uncompromised Fidelity
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Bookshelf Speakers driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5" woofer.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser that delivers a very open 'airy' presentation and extremely unveiled highs
- Delivers a soundstage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room
- Delivers scintillating midrange detail combined with remarkable bass response
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio, which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity
SoundMatch Crossover Intelligently Designed for Your Listening Room
The SoundMatch 2-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in a smooth off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and enhanced radiation of total sound power with a generous sweet spot and stable soundstage.
Specifications (Per Speaker)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15" x 8.5" x 10.9"
- Weight: 19 lbs.
- Tweeter: 1"
- Woofer: 6.5"
- Frequency response: 45 - 32Hz ± 3dB
- Port: 1.7" wide-flared
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Rated bandwidth: 45Hz - 32kHz (±3dB)
- Nominal impedance 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 150 watts
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Ultra Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)