SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase Overview
Whether you want to bring your current system into the 21st century, or start from scratch with a simple streaming solution and speakers (like SVS’s own lineup), the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase brings you up to date, and gets you ready for tomorrow. Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and DTS Play-Fi integration put a world of music at your fingertips, from your own home collection to top online streaming services. The SoundBase packs a powerful punch at a down-to-earth price, with a full 150 watts per channel across the audible frequency range, analog and optical digital inputs, and line level, subwoofer and headphone outputs to connect to any equipment you own. SVS, well-regarded for the high value and superior sound of its speakers, brings that dedication to affordable audio excellence to all speakers with the new Prime Wireless SoundBase amplifier/streambox.
- 150 watts per channel Class D power
- Full array of analog/digital connections
- Front-panel source readout and controls, including six presets
- Built-in high-quality aptX Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- High-resolution file support up to 192kHz/24 bit, with “critical listening mode”
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa integration
- DTS Play-Fi for whole-home audio and access to online services and home network
- Simple app control (free download, for iOS, Amazon Kindle, Android and Windows)
- Dimensions: 3.23" high x 9.10" wide x 8.81" deep
- Weight: 4.89 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Power to spare
SVS’s first amplifier breaks out of the box with a full 300 watts of Class D digital power – 150 per channel, across the audible range, into any speaker system you choose to connect. We do suggest, again, that your best-value proposition might be SVS’s own highly regarded lineup.
The Prime Wireless SoundBase builds in Wi-Fi and audio-quality Bluetooth with aptX, to easily connect to your home network or personal phone or portable, and stream songs seamlessly from your own collection or online.
Connections to spare
Looking to convert your current home system to wireless? Or to set up a simple single-box solution? Connect TV, game system, CD player and legacy analog equipment easily to the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase, thanks to a full array of line-level and digital inputs. And line-level outputs (plus subwoofer output) can feed your current receiver, amplifier or powered subwoofer.
DTS Play-Fi convenience
A whole-home Wi-Fi-based audio ecosystem, DTS Play-Fi ties together equipment from many manufacturers into a single, app-based interface (for iOS, Kindle Fire, Android and Windows). You get easy access to your own home network, integrated access to online music streaming services including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Amazon Music, SiriusXM and Tidal, ease of set-up, and control of one room, or every room, in your home. And access it all with six presets for favorite channels, playlists or services.
High-resolution music support
The SVS Prime Wireless system streams and decodes music in today’s high-resolution formats, for reproduction up to four times beyond CD quality – up to 192kHz/24 bit, with a specially designed “critical listening mode” ensuring lossless streaming at the highest fidelity.
- Precision 24bit/192kHz DAC
- 150W x 2 amplifier
- DTS Play-Fi technology
- Bluetooth, optical, and aux audio inputs
- Subwoofer output
- Line level outputs
- Bluetooth with AAC and aptX
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Prime Wireless SoundBase
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase
I couldn’t be happier with any phase of their operation, with the exception taken that their speakers should be made in the USA, period!
They’re USA designed/invented, USA Owned. They need to be USA made.
Get to work on it!
For the product itself, I only have few things that SVS to include in future models.
1) physical remote control: yes you can control the volume via playfi app however the motion is too abrupt. And for input selection purposes.
2) auto sensing of inputs: when you connect it via app, it automatically chooses wifi/internet and it returns to AUX as a default. I was hoping I can use it with my TV optical out however which means I need to manually select the input at the unit and volume control via either the playfi app or manual adjustment at the unit.
Maybe if cost makes sense:
1) Full 24/192 DAC
2) multiple digital inputs
3) dimming of rear Christmas lights (LAN lights flashes extremely bright. Personally I don't mind but it can be for some)
Other than that, it has been great. It is my very first streamer that I can use with Amazon music, qobuz, and my own music library. DTS playfi integration is sufficient in my opinion. Meaning yes I can ask for more but it is good enough for me to use without any issue (minus volume adjustment).
Overall it meets my expectations and purposes for bedroom use. Its power outputs are good for my Elac Debut bookshelf speakers and sounds good enough. It also has pre outs so expandability into a different poweramp or subwoofer is already provided.
1) This thing lights up like a Christmas tree. I use mine in my bedroom and had to open the unit and place electrical tape over the LEDs and cover the big blue front panel to get any sleep. I'm proposing a dark mode with no lights other than perhaps a constant power light on the back of the unit.
2) Bass management - I love the subwoofer out, but to not be able to limit the bass frequencies being amplified and sent to my bookshelve is a bit of a let down considering how powerful this amp is and what SVS is know for.
3) Volume memory - When the power goes out this unit looses its last volume setting.
4) Volume level indicator, dB, %,number, graph, something to know how far I've got it turned up.
5) An optional physical remote would be a nice option. I get that you probably don't want to be an app company and create a remote app.
6) An EQ or Bass and Treble controls would be nice.
My setup: Alexa dot > Emotiva S8 subwoofer to add bass and limit output to +90Hz > SVS Soundbase > Emotiva B1+ Speakers.
I will be shopping for a new device to replace the Soundbase for next year pool season. Music should blend in without having to think about it rather than being constantly focused on because it continually stops playing. Unless something changes with it's performance within the next couple weeks when we close our pool for this season then I will retire it and install something else. I do not recommend purchasing the Soundbase unless you enjoy continually reconnecting to it to keep music playing while relaxing with your family/friends.