SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase Overview
Whether you want to bring your current system into the 21st century, or start from scratch with a simple streaming solution and speakers (like SVS’s own lineup), the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase brings you up to date, and gets you ready for tomorrow. Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and DTS Play-Fi integration put a world of music at your fingertips, from your own home collection to top online streaming services. The SoundBase packs a powerful punch at a down-to-earth price, with a full 150 watts per channel across the audible frequency range, analog and optical digital inputs, and line level, subwoofer and headphone outputs to connect to any equipment you own. SVS, well-regarded for the high value and superior sound of its speakers, brings that dedication to affordable audio excellence to all speakers with the new Prime Wireless SoundBase amplifier/streambox.
- 150 watts per channel Class D power
- Full array of analog/digital connections
- Front-panel source readout and controls, including six presets
- Built-in high-quality aptX Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- High-resolution file support up to 192kHz/24 bit, with “critical listening mode”
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa integration
- DTS Play-Fi for whole-home audio and access to online services and home network
- Simple app control (free download, for iOS, Amazon Kindle, Android and Windows)
- Dimensions: 3.23" high x 9.10" wide x 8.81" deep
- Weight: 4.89 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Power to spare
SVS’s first amplifier breaks out of the box with a full 300 watts of Class D digital power – 150 per channel, across the audible range, into any speaker system you choose to connect. We do suggest, again, that your best-value proposition might be SVS’s own highly regarded lineup.
The Prime Wireless SoundBase builds in Wi-Fi and audio-quality Bluetooth with aptX, to easily connect to your home network or personal phone or portable, and stream songs seamlessly from your own collection or online.
Connections to spare
Looking to convert your current home system to wireless? Or to set up a simple single-box solution? Connect TV, game system, CD player and legacy analog equipment easily to the SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase, thanks to a full array of line-level and digital inputs. And line-level outputs (plus subwoofer output) can feed your current receiver, amplifier or powered subwoofer.
DTS Play-Fi convenience
A whole-home Wi-Fi-based audio ecosystem, DTS Play-Fi ties together equipment from many manufacturers into a single, app-based interface (for iOS, Kindle Fire, Android and Windows). You get easy access to your own home network, integrated access to online music streaming services including Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Amazon Music, SiriusXM and Tidal, ease of set-up, and control of one room, or every room, in your home. And access it all with six presets for favorite channels, playlists or services.
High-resolution music support
The SVS Prime Wireless system streams and decodes music in today’s high-resolution formats, for reproduction up to four times beyond CD quality – up to 192kHz/24 bit, with a specially designed “critical listening mode” ensuring lossless streaming at the highest fidelity.
- Precision 24bit/192kHz DAC
- 150W x 2 amplifier
- DTS Play-Fi technology
- Bluetooth, optical, and aux audio inputs
- Subwoofer output
- Line level outputs
- Bluetooth with AAC and aptX
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Prime Wireless SoundBase
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for SVS Prime Wireless SoundBase
I bought the SVS SoundBase connected Amp because I wanted a single box that was capable both of streaming music in Hi-Fi quality and playing well on speakers. Indeed this unit delivers that for me. I am very happy with my purchase. Currently it is connected to a pair Elac UNI-FI UB5 Bookshelf speakers, and it drives them with authority.
Sound Quality is Excellent.
The Amplifier is Powerful.
Streaming Hi-Fi music is easy. I personally now use Qobuz: My favorite test tracks are:
1. Stevie Ray Vaughan : Tin Pan Alley: Qobuz 24 bits/96 Khz.
2. Unspoken: Can’t deny your love: Qobuz: 16 bits/44.1 kHz.
3. Steely Dan : Jack of speed: Qobuz : 24 bits/96 kHz.
Improvements I would like to see in future versions:
1. Add a power on/off switch.
2. Add a remote (use case when watching movies: volume cannot be controlled using the Play-Fi app: must get up and adjust the volume knob).
3. Add ability to unfold TIDAL MQA in the Play-Fi app.
4. Volume knob: make it easier to increase the volume slowly at low levels. Currently with some loudly recorded tracks it’s hard to adjust the volume at low levels precisely. (Not an issue with movies nor with audiophile recordings).
I use and enjoy this connected amp every day. I think it delivers great sound quality for the money in a package that’s easy to use.
I give it a four star rating. When improvements 1 to 4 are added I will then give it a 5-star rating.