This product has been selected as one of The Best TVs of 2020. Our Gear Guides are highly-curated selections which represent the best of the best in their category. From televisions and Bluetooth speakers, to marine audio and outdoor speakers—-start (or finish) your shopping journey with our Gear Guides.
- Audio power output: 10W + 10W
- Bass/treble/balance: Balance
- Speaker configuration: 2ch/full range (bass reflex)(25x90mm)x2, tweeterx2
- Speaker position: Side back + down-firing
- Speaker type: Acoustic multi-audio
- ARC output format: Two channel linear PCM: 48kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- Alternate Audio (Digital): Yes
- Auto Surround: Yes
- Clear Phase: Yes
- DTS audio format support: DTS Digital Surround
- Digital audio out (optical format): Two channel linear PCM: 48kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital DTS
- Dolby audio format support: Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby AC-4)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC): Yes (eARC)
- HDMI input audio format: 5.1 channel linear PCM: 32/44.1/4 8/88 2/96/ 176.4/192kHz 16/20/24bits, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS
- S-Master: S-Master digital amplifier
- Simulated surround sound: S-force front surround
- Sound modes: Standard, dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, Dolby Audio
- Application store: Yes (Google Play Store)
- Auto Picture Mode
- Auto shut-off
- Channel block: Analog and digital
- Chromecast built-in
- On-screen clock
- On/off timer
- Parental control
- Show/hide channels: Digital and analog
- Sleep timer
- Text input language: ENG/FRA/GER/HEB/ITA/RUS
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Display resolution: QFHD
- Display resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Screen size (diagonal): 65"
- Viewing angle (right/left): 178 degree
- Viewing angle (up/down): 178 degree
- Backlight type: Direct LED
- Backlight dimming type: Local dimming
- Display type: LCD
- TRILUMINOS display
- Closed captions: Analog and digital
- Demo mode
- Hotel mode menu
- AC power input: 1 (rear)
- Analog audio inputs: 1
- Bluetooth profile support: Version 4.2 HID/HOGP/SPP/A2DP/AVRCP
- Composite video input: 1 (side)
- Digital audio output: 1 (bottom)
- Ethernet connection: 1 (bottom)
- HDCP (HDCP2.3 (for HDMI 1/2/3/4)
- HDMI signal: 4096x2160p (24,60Hz), 3840x2160p (24,30,60Hz), 1080p (30,60,120Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (60Hz), 720p (30,60Hz), 720/24p, 480p
- HDMI input total: 4 (1 side, 3 bottom)
- Headphone output: 1 (side)
- RF connection input: 1 (bottom)
- RS-232C input: 1 side
- USB port: 2 (side)/1 (bottom)
- Codec for Home Network: MPEG1: MPEG1/ MPEG2PS :MPEG2 /MPEG2TS (HDV,AVCHD): MPEG2, AVC/ MP4(XAVC S): AVC, MPEG4, HEVC/ AVI: Xvid, MotinJpeg/ ASF (WMV): VC1/ MOV: AVC, MPEG4, MotionJpeg/ MKV: Xvid, AVC, MPEG4, VP8.HEVC/ WEBM: VP8/ 3GPP: MPEG4, AVC /MP3/ ASF (WMA) /LPCM /WAV /MP4AAC /FLAC/ JPEG
- Home Network Feature: Home Network Client, Home Network Renderer
- Internet Browser: Vewd (Not pre-installed)
- Other Network Features: Related Info: Yes (US / Canada / MX(STB))
- Screen mirroring(Miracast™): Yes (only for B2B purpose)
- Wi-Fi Certified: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Wi-Fi Frequency: 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Wi-Fi Standard: a/b/g/n/ac
- Wireless LAN: Integrated
- Annual power consumption: 321kWh/year
- Power consumption (standby): 0.5W
- Power requirements (frequency): 60Hz for UL cUL 50/60Hz for other
- Power requirements (voltage): AC 120V for UL cUL AC 110-240V for other
Regulation and Standards Compliance
- VESA hole pitch: 11 7/8" x 11 7/8"
- VESA hole spacing compatible: Yes
- Channel coverage (Analog): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
- Color space: sRGB/BT709,BT2020,AdobeRGB,DCI
- Color system: NTSC
- Number of tuners (Terrestrial/Cable): 1 (Digital / Analog)
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- On-board Storage (GB): 16GB
- TV system (Analog): M
- TV system (Digital Cable): Clear QAM
- TV system (Digital Terrestrial): ATSC
- Tuner channel coverage (Digital Cable): CATV: 1-135
- Tuner channel coverage (Digital Terrestrial): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69
- 24p True Cinema
- 4:3 default
- 4K processor: Picture Processor X1 Ultimate
- Auto wide
- Blinking type: Line Blinking
- Dual database processing
- Dynamic contrast enhancer
- Face area detection
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) compatibility: Yes(HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Live Color Technology
- Object-based HDR remaster
- Panel Refresh Rate (Native Hertz): 120Hz
- Picture Modes: Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game, Graphics, Photo, Custom, Dolby Vision Bright, Dolby Vision Dark, Netflix calibrated
- Precision color mapping
- Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR: Yes
- Video processing: 4K X-Reality PRO
- Wide mode: Wide Zoom / Normal / Full / Zoom
- Wide mode: Normal / Full1 / Full2 for PC
- CineMotion/Film Mode/Cinema Drive
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.)
- TV: 57" x 32 7/8" x 2 3/4"
- TV with stand: 57" x 35 5/8" x 13 1/8"
- Stand width: 47 3/4"
- Weight (Approx.)
- TV only: 51.8 lbs.
- TV with stand: 54.9 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- XBR65X950G 65" BRAVIA 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV
- Voice remote control (RMF-TX600U)
- Batteries (LR03)
- AC power cord spec ((Pig-tail43mm, (US) (2pin) (flat blades Polarity))
- Operating instructions (US,FR)
- Quick setup guide/supplement CUE (GA)(US,FR,ES,PT)
- Table top stand (Separate (assembly required))
Customer Reviews for Sony XBR65X950G 65" BRAVIA 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV
All in all, extremely satisfied with Sony Bravia in terms of the best picture out there for the money.
1 month ago
Installed ourselves, was careful and not difficult. Best Buy had an install video we watched beforehand, it was actually helpful, good tips on unpackaging.
Beautiful picture straight out of box. There are apparently lots of tweaking options available, but may not need to use them much.
Among other accomplishments, wife has been a professional artist, so is really picky about color rendition. And she's happy.
Lots of features not used yet, but WiFi and ability to go online (see YouTube videos, etc,) is awesome.
Remote control and menus work well. Reviews on older versions of built-in Android software were not great but this version works well and smoothly. It's also updateable, I need to review this.
In addition to the basic instruction manual, Sony has a more extensive online manual, very worth checking out to use all the many features this thing has. (I used Windows 10 print function to print the whole thing. Pretty big but I filed it in a manual notebook (where I keep TV receipt, manuals, other paperwork), very handy way to browse and explore the TV's many features.).
I know that there is newer version ("H") in process of being rolled out but this version is so good (and highly rated on many review sites, I checked lots of them), AND reasonably priced as it's "last year's model", it is a wonderful thing to have during our "lockdown"!
(If our finances ever allow it in the future, **wish wish** we will move this to the bedroom and get a 75 or 85 incher version of this dude.)
Now we need to get a 4K UHD Blu-Ray DVD player to see its very best picture, but our current cable really looks great as is, current Blu-Ray DVD player looks really good too so no real rush.
Sound is good but have to replace our failed receiver, will then use external sound system, which honestly no TV's built-in sound system could ever match. Comparison is only reason rated sound as "good" - I think the sound is really as good as any built-in system could be.
However, I purchased the Sony HT-Z9F at the same time and I not real happy with how they play together. Intermittent sound loss, having to power reset the bar. So I don’t know if it is an issue with the tv or soundbar, but you asked?
Lastly the legs are a little to far apart, which created issues with placement on furniture.