- Headphone Type: Closed, Dynamic
- Driver Unit: 6mm (Dome Type)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Weights (Approx.) *excl.cable erights : Approx. 9.8 g x 2
- Weight (g): Approx. 59 g
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 3 Hours (Full charge)
- Unit of Microphone: MEMS
- Direction of Microphone: All Direction
General Features(Active Headphones)
- Batteries: DC3.7V : Built-in litium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 2.5 Hours (Full charge)
- Battery Charge Method: USB charging (with Case)
- Battery Life(continuous music playback time): Max.9 Hours(NC ON)/Max. 13 Hours(NC OFF)
- Battery Life(continuous communication time) : Max.7 Hours(NC ON)/Max. 8 Hours(NC OFF)
- Battery Life(Waiting Time): Max.15 Hours(NC ON)/Max. 35 Hours(NC OFF)
- Battery Indicator (charge indication): Red LED
- Battery Indicator (working indication): Blue LED, Red LED
- Bluetooth(R) Technology: BLUETOOTH Specification Version5.0
- Power Output: BLUETOOTH Specification Power Class 1
- Effective Range: Line of sight approx.30ft (10m)
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz band(2.4000GHz-2.4835GHz)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Interface: A2DP(Advanced Audio Ditribution Profile),AVRCP(Audio Video Remote Control Profile),HFP(Hands-free Profile),HSP(Headset Profile)
- Supported Audio Format(s): SBC,AAC
- Supported Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Frequency Range(A2DP): 20Hz - 20,000Hz(44.1kHz sampling)
- Noise Canceling ON/OFF Switch: Yes
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Neckband headphones
- Charging Case
- USB Cable / USB: USB Type-Cable (7.88 in.)
- Long Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds: SS, S, M, L x2
- Arc Supporters: M, L x2
- Warranty Card
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
Customer Reviews for Sony WFSP800N Truly Wireless Earbud Headphones with Noise Cancelling
I’m no stranger to Sony’s audio products as I first was introduced to their noise canceling audio devices with the WH1000XM2s. Those were quickly replaced with the XM3s and then this week to the XM4s.
As much as I love headphones, I find them limiting in use since sometimes you can’t always wear headphones.
Thankfully Sony answered the call to this dilemma with the WF1000XM3s last year!
These were a bit cumbersome to securely fit in your ears and not worry about losing them even when just walking!
I found the noise canceling on part with the headphones which really blew me away!
However I had far to many moments of losing these since they barely sat right in my ears. They were also not moisture resistant which meant a no go for the gym!
Thankfully, Sony once again answered the call with the WF-SP800N and I was given an opportunity to test these units at a marginalized cost to my wallet!
I found the SF800Ns to be a bit more bass heavy compared to the WFs, however you were able to remedy that issue with the equalizer on most devices!
I thoroughly enjoyed the various options Sony provided to secure these in your ears and not once did I experience potential dread at having lost or misplaced one or even both earbuds during active moments!
They also had no issues of becoming wet during intense workouts at the local crossfit gym which is also reassuring!
Sadly I found the active noise canceling a bit too lacking when compared to the WFs and attempts to fine tune it amounted to nothing.
I also heard complaints from clients during phone calls that I sounded muffled when using the microphone on these earbuds.
I think the SP800N have a place in the Sony line up of noise canceling devices however what one gains in water/sweat resistance becomes muddled with the mediocre noise canceling and muddled soundstage of the earbuds.
However, it is a learning process for Sony, much like other brands, and I’m sure they will release a new revision next year that will answer all the shortcomings of this model!
2 months ago
I have not tested the water resistance feature yet. The product seems to keep most dust from sticking to it, but I can always see a very light film which is to be expected and is not a deal breaker.
This is overall a great product!
I finally decided to try a pair of Sony WF-SP800N.
What was I waiting for?!
These headphones have very impressive sound, and I was blown away by the bass. The sound quality was much higher than I anticipated, and these are my new go to headphones for traveling to and from work because of the high quality sound canceling.
One of my favorite parts is how easily and quickly the connect to my phone or computer once I turn on Bluetooth and take them out of the case.
The battery life is also very impressive. They last me the full day without having to charge them. Which is good, since they are so comfortable to wear, they get used a lot.
They have also replaced my wired headphones for conference calls since the microphone picks up my voice perfectly and eliminates background noise.
I highly recommend these if you are looking for a high quality, versatile, pair of Bluetooth headphones.