Crystal-clear and ultra-realistic imaging are just the tip of what Sony's VPL-VW665 ES 4K Home Theater ES Projector is capable of. With this projector, you'll be able to witness the action as if it were happening right next to your loveseat. The combination of the native 4K resolution, high dynamic contrast and 3D transmitting technologies help form the look and feel of a cinema without the extra dialogue from the audience. Movie nights just found a new location.
Sony VPL-VW665ES Projector Features:
- Watch 4K programming in its fully-intended quality, or view regular HD programming with a beautiful 4K up-conversion
- See a vast array of vivid colors from Sony's TRILUMINOS technology
- Bring your 3D movies to life with the built-in RF 3D transmitter
- Perfect for home theater systems and intense gamers alike
Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K Home Theater ES Projector
Advanced SXRD panel technology delivers incredible 4K images with four times the resolution of Full HD. You'll experience rich colors, impressive 1800 lumens brightness and huge 300,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio - for vibrant, detail-packed pictures with native 4K resolution that always look clear and sharp, even in day lit living rooms.
Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K Home Theater Projector Highlights:
- Native 4K resolution for immersive experience
- HD to 4K upscaling turns your HD content into a 4K experience
- High brightness and high contrast for vibrant images / 300,000:1 dynamic contrast
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) content
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compatible for enjoying up-to-date 4K content services
- Compact size and front exhaust for flexible installation
- Powered 2.06 zoom and wide lens shift and lens memories
- Built in RF 3D transmitter
- More color, depth and realism with TRILUMINOS color
- Up to 6,000 hours long lasting lamp
- Built-in auto calibration
Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K Home Theater Projector Features:
Cinematic 4K clarity with four times the detail of Full HD
- SXRD panel technology featured in our professional cinema projectors delivers native 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution images, with no artificial pixel enhancement. Every detail is clear and natural, without jagged edges or visible pixels.
Very high brightness and contrast
- With an impressive 1,800 lumens brightness and spectacular 300,000:1 dynamic contrast range, 4K images are clear with bright highlights and rich, deep blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
Smooth, fluid on-screen action
- Coupled with the panel's super-fast response rate, Motionflow technology means you’ll see every detail with minimal blur - no matter how fast the action.
TRILUMINOS Display for wider, more natural colors
- Sony's TRILUMINOS Display technology accurately reproduces a much broader range of colors than a standard projector system. You'll see the difference with finely-reproduced tones and textures plus greater color purity, depth and realism.
- Take full advantage of the latest content produced with HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extremely wide contrast with an even higher range of brightness levels.
Support for latest standards
- The VPL-VW665ES can project content at up to 60 frames per second (fps) in 4K (at color signal YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8 bit) for even smoother images with superior color and realism. Support for HDCP 2.2 lets you enjoy the latest 4K content services.
Reality Creation upscales movies to 4K
- As well as projecting native 4K content, the VPL-VW665ES upscales your Full HD Blu-ray or DVD movie collection to 4K with Reality Creation - Sony's Super Resolution processing technology that enhances lower-resolution content, and even upscales 3D movies to 4K resolution.
Compatible with ‘Mastered in 4K’ Blu-ray
- Enjoy a near-native 4K experience with discs ‘Mastered in 4K’. It’s as close as you can get to the 4K-pixel resolution and expanded color range of the original.
- Up to 6000 hours rated lamp operating life (in Low mode) means simpler maintenance, with fewer lamp swaps and reduced running costs.
Picture position memories
- Memorizes up to five zoom lens positions for future viewing. Stored settings can be matched to a movie’s aspect ratio, including 16:9 and Cinemascope.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
- The powered zoom lens with a 2.1x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with high ceilings.
- With the fan exhaust positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall clearance and room for air inhale/exhaust when installing. This helps maximize throw distance, for the biggest possible projected images.
Built-in auto calibration
- Set-up is quick and easy: auto calibration ensures superb pictures without effort.
Industry standard RF 3D2 compatible
- The projector's built-in RF transmitter synchronizes with any RF 3D2 glasses for wider coverage and greater stability, so there’s no need for an external transmitter.
3-year limited warranty
- All Sony Elevated Standard (ES) projectors enjoy 3-year limited warranties
Sony VPL-VW665ES 4K Home Theater Projector Specifications:
- Multiple Language Display: 17 languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
- Screen Size: 60” to 300” (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots max.(HDMI Input only)
- Display Device: Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3 Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Display Technology: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 280 W type
- Video Signal Input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840 x 2160/50p*, 3840 x 2160/60p*, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096 x 2160/50p*, 4096 x 2160/60p*
- Video Signal Input: * YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8 bit
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 kHz to 72 kHz, fV: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Information Menu: Horizontal and Vertical frequency display
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)* * The figures are expected maintenance time and not guaranteed. They will depend on the environment or how the projector is used.
Inputs and Outputs
- LAN terminal: RJ45, 10Base-T / 100BASE-TX
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- HDMI Connection(s) (Total): HDMI1 / HDMI2* : Digital (RGB/Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr) * HDMI Input2 is compatible with HDCP 2.2.
- IR Input(s): Mini Jack
- Output(s): Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* Colour light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* * The values are estimate.
- RS-232C Input(s): D-sub 9-pin (female)
- Focus: Yes (Powered)
- Shift: Yes (Powered H and V)
- Shift Range: V: +85% -80%; H: +/-31%
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: Acoustic: 26 dB
- Zoom: Yes (Powered) 2.1x
- Operating Humidity: 35% to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Environmental Notice: Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or see www.sony.com/mercury for additional information.
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 410 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V : 0.3 W (when “Standby mode” is set to “Low”) Networked Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V : 1.0 W (All terminals and networks connected, when “Standby Mode” is set to “Standard”)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.1 A to 1.7 A, 50/60Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 300,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 19 1/2 x 7 11/16 x 18 1/4 in (495.6 x 195.3 x 463.6 mm) (without protrusions)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 31 lb (14 kg)