Sony VPL-VW295ES Projector Overview
Experience larger-than-life scenes from your favorite films with Sony’s latest VW295ES 4K HDR home theater projector. Add to that Sony’s Motionflow and Advanced Reality Creation technologies, combined with 1,500 lumens of brightness, and you get a picture that is crisp, sharp, and lifelike. The VW295ES projector works best with screen sizes up to 200”.
- Full 4K resolution with 4096 x 2160 pixels
- Three SXRD™ imagers for full color brightness
- High Dynamic Range brings a wider contrast range for improved realism
- Motionflow™ provides smooth motion for 4K & HD
- High brightness of 1,500 Lumens
- Advanced Reality Creation for upscaling and sharpening images without sharpening picture noise
- Input lag reduction ensures faster refresh rate for gamers
- TRILUMINOS™ Display for wider array of rich colors
- Enjoy the latest 4K content services with HDCP 2.2 compatibility on both 18 Gbps HDMI inputs
- Anamorphic lens compatibility for 4K signals (V-stretch for 4K)
- Dimensions: 19 1/2 x 8 3/32, 18 1/4 (W x H x D)
- Weight: 31 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 3D capability: Active
- Simulated 3D: Yes
- Display technology: Display device - SXRD 0.74" x 3
- Screen size/projection image size: 60" -300
- Display resolution: 4096x2160
- Light source
- Power: 225W
- Type: UHP
- Life: 6,000 hours
- TRILUMINOS display: Yes
- Blanking: Yes
Inputs and Outputs
- HDCP all inputs: 2.2
- HDMI connections
- HDMI: 2
- HDMI dynamic range: Yes
- HDMI signal format: Standard/enhanced
- IR input: 1
- RS-232C: input: 1 (male)
- USB: 1 (for update)
- LAN terminal: 1
- Operating humidity: %35 to 85%
- Operating temperature: 41° F to 95° F
- Projection lens: Powered
- Projection lens zoom: Powered
- Zoom ratio: x2.1
- Lens shift V: Powered max range @ 17:9 +80%/-80%, +50%/-50%
- Lens shift H: Powered max range @ 17:9 +31%/-31%, +18%/-18%
- Throw ratio
- Wide: 1.38
- Tele: 2.83
- Power consumption
- In operation
- High 120V: 390W
- High 220V - 240V: 390W
- In standby
- Standby: 0.4W
- Network standby: 1.0WPower consumption
- Power requirements: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- Brightness: Light output: 1,500lm
- Anamorphic: Yes
- Clear white: H/L/off
- Color correction: On/Off
- Color space: BT.709/BT.2020/CS1-3/custom
- Color temperature: D93/D75/D65/D55/custom1-5
- Contrast enhancer: H/M/L/off
- Gamma correction: 1-10/off
- Motionflow technology: Yes (2K/4K)
- Picture modes: 9
- x.v.Color technology: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (approximately) (W x H x D): 19 1/2" x 8 3/32" x 18 1/4"
- Weight: 31 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- VPL-VW295ES 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
- Remote control
- Size AA R6 manganese batteries (2)
- AC power cord
- Operating instructions
- Quick reference manual
Customer Reviews for Sony VPL-VW295ES 4K HDR Home Theater Projector
Overall, a solid option!
Beautiful rich and full body
It like silk and fire combination that begs to touch it. Makes you desire it every min of every second of every sec of each day of your life......
I have a SI Black Diamond Zero Edge screen and this combination enhances the color vividness and the HDR impact (viewing Netflix, Disney plus HDR content truly are amazing experiences). Though pricey, I still believe it is worth every penny in the long run. There is no comparison with cheaper options like Optoma, LG etc.
I have been using the projector for past seven months and have no issue with fan noise. I have received consistent rave reviews from friends and family, few of whom have a home theater setup. They say that this simply raised the bar for HT viewing for them.
Highly recommend this projector!
Used the existing Sony ceiling mount, connected the cables and turned it on.
It took me 10 minutes to flip the picture, resize to the screen and focus.
The hardest part was to replace the standard to HDMI cables.
Picture is nice, bright and even quality across the screen.
DVD and TV HDMI picture great and what a difference from standard resolution.
I do need a new screen (in progress) but the picture still looks great.
My last projector lasted over ten years and this one should too.. Thank you