Imagine watching the big game on an even bigger screen - your living room wall. You won't have to, with the Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector. This high-definition projector brings a crystal-clear image to any flat surface, and is large enough for the whole party to get a good view. It works with 3D technology with up-conversion, adding an ultra-realistic quality that turns any room into a full-fledged cinema.
Sony VPL-HW65ES Projector Features:
- Perfect as a replacement for your TV in your home theater system, or for that big party you've been planning
- Witness a vivid, lifelike image in beautiful 1080p resolution
- Update whenever necessary through an easy-to-use USB installation
- Built with 3D technology for multi-dimensional content, as well as stunning 2D conversion
Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector
Featuring SXRD technology, 1,800 lumen brightness, 120,000:1 dynamic contrast, and “Reality Creation” super resolution processing, this projector produces outstanding, vibrant images. The 3D transmitter, dynamic lamp control and 240Hz panel drive work together creating bright 3D images nearly free of crosstalk. These features, combined with a whisper quiet fan make this projector the perfect choice for home entertainment.
Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector Highlights:
- 120,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 1,800 ANSI lumen brightness
- Reality Creation super resolution processing
- Built in RF 3D Sync transmitter
- 240Hz panel drive improves 3D picture
- Convert standard HD content to 3D
- Dynamic lamp control improves 3D brightness
- Powerful, independent 2D and 3D calibration: Nine picture modes, nine gamma adjustments
- Three-year limited warranty
- IP Control for automation interface
- Whisper-quiet fan: Only 21db emitted
Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector Features:
Spectacular Full HD pictures with Reality Creation
- Advanced SXRD panel technology is teamed with Reality Creation - Sony's Super Resolution processing technology that refines subtle details, colors and textures. You'll see the difference with crisp, sharp Full HD pictures that take you closer than ever to the original 1080p source.
High brightness and contrast
- With an impressive 1,800 lumens brightness and high 120,000:1 dynamic contrast range, Full HD images are clear and with bright highlights and rich, deep blacks – even in well-lit rooms.
Smooth, fluid on-screen action
- Coupled with the panel's super-fast response rate, Motionflow technology means you’ll see every detail with minimal blur - no matter how fast the action.
- Up to 6000 hour rated lamp operating life (in Low mode) means simpler maintenance, with fewer lamp swaps and reduced running costs.
Flexible home installation with wide zoom and shift lens
- The manual zoom lens with a 1.6x zoom ratio and wide lens shift range gives greater installation flexibility in any room size, even with high ceilings.
- With the fan exhaust positioned at the front of the projector, you don’t need to worry about wall clearance and room for air intake/exhaust when installing. This helps maximize throw distance, for the biggest possible projected images.
Home automation with IP control
- The VPL-HW65ES is compatible with a wide range of home automation systems via an RJ45(IP), RS-232C, TRIGGER and IR IN interfaces.
Industry standard RF 3D compatible
- The projector's built-in RF transmitter synchronizes with compatible Sony and 3rd party RF 3D glasses for wider coverage and greater stability, so there’s no need for an external transmitter.
- You're always up to date with the latest features and firmware updates via the projector's USB port.
Cinema-like 3D brightness
- Sony’s dynamic lamp control technology and rechargeable 3D glasses work together perfectly to establish vibrant, cinema-quality brightness levels on your favorite 3D movies and shows.
240Hz for a better 3D picture
- The 240Hz panel drive, along with dynamic lamp control technology, minimizes 3D crosstalk. This greatly diminishes the possibility of ghosting when watching 3D content.
Watch standard HD content in 3D
- Add a new dimension to your favorite movies, shows or videos with Sony’s unique 2D to 3D up-conversion algorithm, allowing any high definition 2D content connected via HDMI to be viewed in immersive Sony 3D.
- Forget that the projector is even in the room due to the advanced air discharge system. Sony’s whisper-quiet fan emits only 21db during show time.
Powerful picture calibration features
- Quickly calibrate your picture to the type of content you’re enjoying with nine unique modes including a variety of cinema, gaming, photo and user customizable pre-sets.
Three-year limited warranty
- All Sony Elevated Standard (ES) projectors enjoy three-year limited warranties.
Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector Specifications:
- Multiple Language Display: 17 languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
- Screen Size: 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots max.(HDMI Input only)
- Display Device: Size of effective display area: 0.61” x 3 Number of pixels: 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Display Technology: SXRD panel, projection system
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 215 W type
- Video Signal Input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i The following items are available for HDMI input only. 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 kHz to 72 kHz, fV: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Information Menu: Horizontal and Vertical frequency display
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)* * The figures are expected maintenance time and not guaranteed. They will depend on the environment or how the projector is used.
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total): HDMI1 / HDMI2: Digital RGB/Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr
- IR Input(s): Mini Jack
- Output(s): Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* Colour light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* * The values are estimate.
- RS-232C Input(s): D-sub 9-pin (female)
- LAN terminal: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
- Focus: Yes (Manual)
- Shift: Yes (Manual)
- Shift Range: V: +/- 71; H: +/- 25%
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: Acoustic: 22 dB
- Zoom: Yes (Manual) 1.6x
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +140°F ( -20°C to +60°C)
- Environmental Notice: Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or see www.sony.com/mercury for additional information.
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 310 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V : 0.4 W (when “Standby mode” is set to “Low”) Networked Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 1.0 W (All terminals and networks connected, when “Standby Mode” is set to “Standard”)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 120,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 in (407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9mm) (without protrusions)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 20 lb (9kg)