Home Cinema, Re-imagined
Imagine watching the big game on an even bigger screen - your living room wall. You won't have to, with the Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector. This high-definition projector brings a crystal-clear image to any flat surface, and is large enough for the whole party to get a good view. It works with 3D technology with up-conversion, adding an ultra-realistic quality that turns any room into a full-fledged cinema.
- High-definition home-theater projector
- 16:9 aspect ratio for stunning realism
- 3 SXRD chips -- one each for red, blue, and green
- 3D-ready - fully future proofed
- Reality Creation super resolution processing
- Long-lasting, energy-efficient lamp
- Front-loaded USB 2.0 jack for streaming digital content
16.2” W x 17.2” H x 18.3” D
- Weight: 20 lbs
- 3-year limited warranty
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Sony's Home Theater Master Class
Ready to move up to the ultimate in home theater experience? Consider our Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater Projector. No digital camera can truly replace the fidelity of film cameras, and the you’re-in-the-theater experience of a true home projector is irreplacable - it must be seen to be believed. Plus, the VPL-HW65ES guarantees the quality only Sony’s ES series can deliver.
Movie Theater Fidelity, Right at Home
Sony isn’t just an electronics company. They also own a movie studio, and the understanding of what real projectors need to provide incredible picture quality is demonstrated at every turn in the VPL-HW65ES. It’s outfitted with three of their top-of-the-line professional-grade SXRD color chips -- one each for red, green, and blue -- for deep, rich, and accurate colors.
The Best Picture, Period
Make any signal an HD signal with Sony’s fabled Reality Creation engine. And with its included Motionflow technology, you’ll never need to worry again about your refresh rate not matching up with your movies’ and TV shows’ frame rates. It’s the perfect two-part technological combo, and one that gives the VPL-HW65 the best picture … period.
Glorious HD in Glorious-er 3D
This is not the only trick up Sony’s sleeve, however. With its HD-to-3D up-conversion algorithm, watch any HD movie in your library in glorious 3D. Your movies have never, ever looked better than this. Plus, with its specially-made 240 Hz panel drive, and responsive dynamic lamp control technology, the VPL-HW65ES minimizes 3D crosstalk. You won’t have to worry about ghosting ever again!
Vibrant, Cinematic Brightness
This dynamic lamp technology works together with rechargeable 3D glasses, too. With vibrant, truly cinematic brightness, your 3D library has never looked better. It’s also fully RF 3D compatible, so your favorite movies will look great with any pair of 3D glasses you (or your friends) happen to own. Only a Sony ES Projector can create a picture this stunning.
No Extraneous Noise
Don’t let the projector itself ruin your home theater experience! With its whisper-quiet, 21 dB front-facing fan for superior cooling and throw distance -- without needing to worry about wall clearance -- you’ll hardly even remember it’s there. Just enjoy the sensation of watching movies in your home theater the way they were meant to be watched.
User-Friendly and Customizable
With nine amazing presets -- including special modes for 2D, 3D, and black and white movies, your gaming console, and watching your slideshows straight out of the box, the VPL-HW65ES is a cinch to set up and use. And true home theater buffs will love the incredible flexibility the deep 1.6x zoom ratio and lens shift offers. Perfect for any user in any situation.
Part of your Home Automation Setup
With its suite of home automation protocols, such as RJ45, RS-232C, and TRIGGER, the VPL-HW65ES is ready to be integrated into your whole home theater. Enjoy the experience of starting a movie while you’re still in the kitchen and having it follow you all the way into the theater.
- Multiple Language Display: 17 languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
- Screen Size: 40” to 300” (1,016 mm to 7,624 mm)
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 dots max.(HDMI Input only)
- Display Device: Size of effective display area: 0.61” x 3 Number of pixels: 6,220,800 (1920 x 1080 x 3) pixels
- Display Technology: SXRD panel, projection system
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 215 W type
- Video Signal Input: 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i The following items are available for HDMI input only. 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/24p
- Acceptable Computer Signals: fH: 19 kHz to 72 kHz, fV: 48 Hz to 92 Hz
- Information Menu: Horizontal and Vertical frequency display
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 6000 H (Lamp mode: Low)* * The figures are expected maintenance time and not guaranteed. They will depend on the environment or how the projector is used.
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Minijack, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total): HDMI1 / HDMI2: Digital RGB/Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr
- IR Input(s): Mini Jack
- Output(s): Light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* Colour light output: 1800 lm (Lamp mode: High)* * The values are estimate.
- RS-232C Input(s): D-sub 9-pin (female)
- LAN terminal: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
- Focus: Yes (Manual)
- Shift: Yes (Manual)
- Shift Range: V: +/- 71; H: +/- 25%
- Ultra Low Fan Noise: Acoustic: 22 dB
- Zoom: Yes (Manual) 1.6x
- Operating Humidity: 35 to 85% (no condensation)
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +140°F ( -20°C to +60°C)
- Environmental Notice: Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or see www.sony.com/mercury for additional information.
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 310 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V : 0.4 W (when “Standby mode” is set to “Low”) Networked Standby Mode: AC 100 V to 120 V / AC 220 V to 240 V: 1.0 W (All terminals and networks connected, when “Standby Mode” is set to “Standard”)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.1 A to 1.3 A,50/60 Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 120,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 16 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 18 3/8 in (407.4 x 179.2 x 463.9mm) (without protrusions)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 20 lb (9kg)
Customer Reviews for Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Theater ES Projector
I am quite happy with that component of the Sony.
The 2d picture is ok. I've had better with JVC. The 3d picture is adequate, I've had better with a DLP by Optoma.
But the biggest disappointment was that it developed a blockage in the light path. Had to go in for warranty work with less than one year on the unit. There is no way to candy coat the fact that it broke down so early in it's life span and I was forced to go through the hassels of mailing it in and waiting which knocked it out for about a month.
Now I understand that projectors can be a little twitchy. As you can see I've owned quite a few since I built my home theater in 99. But no customer is going to be happy with a manufacturer that has their product fail. Also, I repeatedly requested a new lamp, because the light output of the original was to weak form the technician to perform an IP when I got it back. Sony refused to accomodate with a small compensation request for their unit failure. I thing the average rating of 3 stars is right on the money.